Benghazi, Putin. How's Obama doing?

coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:03 am
China is next. Will we help Japan?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:13 am
Leave it to Cheney (another Rep moron). He is calling for Star Wars in Poland and elsewhere.

We should not seriously antagonize a big nuclear power like Russia, which shares MAD with us. Moreover, Star Wars is hugely expensive and doesn't work.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:16 am
@Advocate,
Quote:
Leave it to Cheney (another Rep moron). He is calling for Star Wars in Poland and elsewhere.

We promised missile defense to Poland and then Obama said no.
revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:21 am
@Advocate,
I'm not saying we should start a star wars or whatever, but what is anyone going to do? Just sit back and let Russia invade their previous countries to re-claim them? Wouldn't that be bad those countries or possibly for US, NATO, etc.... Wringing our hands and sending condemnations seems to sort of useless to me.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:22 am
@coldjoint,
When did we promise Poland missile defense? I must have missed something again.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:53 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
The US missile defense complex in Poland, also called the European Interceptor Site (EIS), was part of the Ballistic Missile Defense European Capability of the US. It was intended to be located in Redzikowo, Słupsk, Poland, forming a Ground-Based Midcourse Defense system in conjunction with an US narrow-beam midcourse tracking and discrimination radar system located in Brdy, Czech Republic. It was to consist of 10 silo-based interceptors: two-stage versions of the existing three-stage Ground Based Interceptors with Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicles and a closing speed of about 7 km/s. The plan was cancelled in 2009 and subsequently replaced with a phased plan—the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System, which will include SM-3 Block IIA interceptors to be positioned in Poland around 2018.

<br /> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_missile_defense_complex_in_Poland
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:56 am
You missed this also.

Quote:
Polish President Blasts Obama on Missile Defense

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/08/08/polish-president-blasts-obama-on-missile-defense/

Quote:
This week, Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski accused the Obama Administration of betrayal, saying, “Our mistake was that by accepting the American offer of a [missile defense] shield we failed to take into account the political risk associated with a change of president.… We paid a high political price. We do not want to make the same mistake again. We must have a missile system as an element of our defences.”
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:50 pm
Oh, that missile defense plan. Forgot about it. In any case, didn't it fail tests when it was tested?

According to Wiki, there is a lot more to it than Obama just scrapping it.

US missile defense complex in Poland

Quote:
The US missile defense complex in Poland, also called the European Interceptor Site (EIS), was part of the Ballistic Missile Defense European Capability of the US. It was intended to be located in Redzikowo, Słupsk, Poland, forming a Ground-Based Midcourse Defense system in conjunction with an US narrow-beam midcourse tracking and discrimination radar system located in Brdy, Czech Republic. It was to consist of 10 silo-based interceptors: two-stage versions of the existing three-stage Ground Based Interceptors with Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicles and a closing speed of about 7 km/s. The plan was cancelled in 2009 and subsequently replaced with a phased plan—the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System, which will include SM-3 Block IIA interceptors to be positioned in Poland around 2018.

Apparently when it was discovered that any missiles Iran would send would not need the long range missile defense shield, that plan was scraped in favor of a shorter one.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:52 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
According to Wiki, there is a lot more to it than Obama just scrapping it.

There was pressure from Russia. And it wasn't the last time Obama caved, was it?
revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 01:22 pm
@coldjoint,
I suppose you have selective reading skills. The plan was scraped because a more efficient missile defense shield replaced it, set to be operational the same time as the previous one was under Bush.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 01:23 pm
@revelette2,
No, I just have Obama pegged for what he is.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 06:41 pm
@Thomas,
Repeated warnings about weakening security were passed over by the State Dept. Incompetence and carelessness are cited in the SIC report. The person responsible is now being covered in Teflon.

Why is it ok for Hilary and not Bush?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/senate-benghazi-report-preventable
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:12 pm
http://www.newsbeast.gr/files/1/2014/03/11/whatever/BPAS6zLCYAA_K3n.jpg%20large.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
And here I find I am in agreement with my arch-enemies in this forum: You really are a colossal ass.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:08 pm
@McGentrix,
I'd rather have Obama over Putin any day
panzade

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:17 pm
Washington Post:
"For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.) Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.

[GOP vice presidential nominee Paul] Ryan, [Rep. Darrell] Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security."

When you knock down the fiscal budget door you gotta be ready for what comes charging through.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:19 pm
@panzade,
Quote:

You see a difference?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:23 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Me too, but that's a low bar for the O to jump.
panzade

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe so but this adoration by the Right of Putin is mighty unseemly

GIULIANI: Putin decides what he wants to do and he does it in half a day, right? He decided he had to go to their parliament. He went to their parliament. He got permission in 15 minutes.

CAVUTO: Well, that was kind of like perfunctory.

GIULIANI: But he makes a decision and he executes it, quickly. Then everybody reacts. That’s what you call a leader. President Obama, he’s got to think about it. He’s got to go over it again. He’s got to talk to more people about it.

If Obama acted like Putin the Republicans would be calling him a lawless out-of-control tyrant
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:33 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
If Obama acted like Putin the Republicans would be calling him a lawless out-of-control tyrant

But as we have seen, he is a lawless tyrant without Putins help.
0 Replies