Benghazi, Putin. How's Obama doing?

revelette2

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:42 am
@oralloy,
Could be, it did come with a million things.. anyway, just thought I could get a quick answer. I personally hate it.
JPB

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:57 am
@revelette2,
For rev
coldjoint

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 11:41 am
@Advocate,

Quote:
Since Lerner is the focus of a major Rep witchhunt, she wisely began to plead the fifth.

After making 17 factual statements you can't take the Fifth. Redress is a right she has successfully avoided, but it certainly is not due to any wisdom on her part.

Only a complete fool would think there is nothing to this. Get it?
parados

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:49 pm
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

After making 17 factual statements you can't take the Fifth.

Where does the Constitution say that?

All Congress has to do is give her complete immunity. Perhaps they really don't want to find the truth.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:55 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Perhaps they really don't want to find the truth.

Not the Democrats.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:57 pm
@parados,
Quote:

Show me where it doesn't.
parados

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 01:02 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Perhaps they really don't want to find the truth.

Not the Democrats.

Then surely the GOP has given Lerner immunity since they control the committee.

Oh... wait... they haven't.

They have held no vote on giving her immunity. They have never proposed holding a vote. In fact they have specifically stated they will not seek immunity.
Quote:
Thursday morning, Issa told the committee, “I’m not going to support immunity so Ms. Lerner can continue to mislead this committee,” adding, “If she really did nothing wrong, she doesn’t need immunity.” Of course, invoking the Fifth Amendment does not necessarily imply guilt — it merely indicates that the witness has reason to be concerned that an answer might be used against him or her.

So, it's clear the GOP doesn't want the truth. They are actually reveling in her fifth amendment claim because they are using it for political purposes.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 01:03 pm
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

Quote:

Show me where it doesn't.

I would suggest reading the fifth.

That's the fifth amendment not the label on whatever you are drinking.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 01:38 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I would suggest reading the fifth

I would suggest reading the laws covering what testimony is. And the fact that redress is a right also.
parados

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 03:12 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I would suggest reading the fifth

I would suggest reading the laws covering what testimony is. And the fact that redress is a right also.

1. Laws are not the Constitution.
2. The courts have ruled that a person testifying to Congress can take the 5th at any time or for single question among other statements or answers. I would suggest you read the court rulings during the McCarthy hearings.
3. Issa's argument will lose big in the courts based on the previous rulings by the USSC.

"redress is a right" - That has to be one of the stupidest statements I have ever seen you make, Pinkie. Would you care to show us where in the law we are given the right of "redress"? If we are, then I demand that Issa redress my grievance and pay back the millions he has spent in investigations. So, go ahead and defend your "redress is a right" statement. I look forward to seeing your pink splatter.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 08:53 pm
Quote:
That has to be one of the stupidest statements I have ever seen you make,

And you just made another one. Lerner gave up her right to plead the Fifth or her right not to answer questions on what she claimed.

And you are right laws are not the Constitution, but are Constitution approved. Again you are defending an obvious boneheaded mistake.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:42 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
I didn't, of course, imply that the second amendment prohibits nonmilitia carry.

I understand. I was trying to address the possible alternate reading of your statement without suggesting that you intended it to be read that way.

Anyway, my comment on gun control was just a small part of my original post. My main point was my enthusiastic support for the way Mr. Obama is revamping our nuclear arsenal.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:42 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
I uploaded 8.1, thinking that this would be a cure to the 8 system. It is not. Should you find a cure, please let me know.

What precisely is the problem that you trying to cure?

To me, Windows 8 is the most nimble and stable operating system I've ever used.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 05:40 am
@JPB,
thank you
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 06:31 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
That has to be one of the stupidest statements I have ever seen you make,

And you just made another one. Lerner gave up her right to plead the Fifth or her right not to answer questions on what she claimed.
No, she didn't The USSC has said as much in rulings. History has proven it true.
This is a transcript from testimony to Congress in 1956. Note the use of the fifth amendment in amongst statements and answers to other questions.
http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6440

Quote:

And you are right laws are not the Constitution, but are Constitution approved. Again you are defending an obvious boneheaded mistake.

If laws are "Constitution approved" then that would mean the ACA, what you call Obamacare, is an approved law and your opposition to it is opposition to the Constitution and what it approves. It seems to be you making boneheaded mistakes.

Laws are assumed to be constitutional but the Constitution doesn't approve or disapprove of them. Your condemnation of Lerner for pleading the fifth is another boneheaded mistake. This is from the USSC ruling in Slochower v. Board of Education.

Quote:
At the outset, we must condemn the practice of imputing a sinister meaning to the exercise of a person's constitutional right under the Fifth Amendment. The right of an accused person to refuse to testify, which had been in England merely a rule of evidence, was so important to our forefathers that they raised it to the dignity of a constitutional enactment, and it has been recognized as "one of the most valuable prerogatives of the citizen." Brown v. Walker, 161 U.S. 591, 610. We have reaffirmed our faith in this principle recently in Quinn v. United States, 349 U.S. 155. In Ullmann v. United States, 350 U.S. 422, decided last month, we scored the assumption that those who claim this privilege are either criminals or perjurers. The privilege against self-incrimination would be reduced to a hollow mockery if its exercise could be taken as equivalent either to a confession of guilt or a conclusive presumption of perjury.

It seems you are reducing the Constitution to a hollow mockery by any claims about Lerner and her pleading the fifth imply guilt.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:35 am
@parados,
Quote:
It seems you are reducing the Constitution to a hollow mockery by any claims about Lerner and her pleading the fifth imply guilt.

If the shoe fits. And your appraisal of my feelings about the Constitution are meaningless.
parados

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:37 am
@coldjoint,
They aren't my appraisal. It's the ruling of the United States Supreme Court.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:43 am
@parados,
Quote:
They aren't my appraisal.

Quote:
It seems you are

I haven't got that letter from the court yet. Looks like you said it to me.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 10:03 am
Quote:
Intimidation & Revenue Spies: The IRS Is Demanding Ron Paul’s Donor List

Obamas jackbooted thugs are at it again.
Quote:
Ron Paul's nonprofit Campaign for Liberty will fight the Internal Revenue Service's demand that it reveal its donor list to the agency, despite having already been fined for refusing to do so.

"There is no legitimate reason for the IRS to know who donates to Campaign for Liberty," Megan Stiles, the communications director at Campaign for Liberty, told the Washington Examiner in an email on Tuesday. "We believe the First Amendment is on our side as evidenced by cases such as NAACP v. Alabama and International Union UAW v. National Right to Work. Many 501(c)(4) organizations protect the privacy of their donors in the very same way as Campaign for Liberty. For some reason the IRS has now chosen to single out Campaign for Liberty for special attention. We plan to fight this all the way."

Why? Here is an idea.
Quote:
Of course, the reason the IRS is intent on getting this information is so that they can “mistakenly” release the information to Leftist groups or the media in order to get Ron Paul donors harassed and punished. They are just a criminal mafia organization that doesn’t yet have the courage to line up Ron Paul and his supporters against a wall for summary executions.

http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/04/intimidation-revenue-spies-irs-demanding-ron-pauls-donors-list/
Advocate

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 10:22 am
@coldjoint,
The trouble is thaat the right is flooding the IRS with applications for tax exemption by political organizations that, by law, do not qualify for exempt status. It is so funny, and I hope normal people are not taken in by it, to see the right-wingers cry and act so indignant when the IRS merely does its duty to see whether the applicant organization qualifies.