Congratulations, House Republicans!

coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 06:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
All I'm asking for is some credible source that tells us the truth about Benghazi.

I agree Obama is not a credible source.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 06:38 pm
@Baldimo,
If you suffered negative effects from ACA, you're not using it properly - or you're too stupid to understand the benefits it's providing to millions of Americans who now have affordable health insurance without the fear of not being approved for necessary procedures, atrocious co-pays, prevention, and preexisting condition.

You've only proved once again how ignorant you are. There's nothing wrong with ACA that could be fixed if the GOP would only allow it. All they're doing is playing politics by trying to repeal it. TNCFS

ACA is the same as what Massachusetts has under Romney Care. It's also the same plan the GOP had before ObamaCare was approved.

Your ignorance is limitless!
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 06:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If you suffered negative effects from ACA, you're not using it properly

Why does everyone insist they know more about someones insurance than he does? It is stupid to even think you do.
Baldimo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 06:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm not using it properly? There is nothing to use, the ACA caused my problems. The ACA and all of its mandates and regulations have been the issue. I had no problems with my insurance and neither did a majority of Americans. We were content with our insurance and our costs. There was no thought as to the effect the ACA would have on the majority. We will see when all the mandates finally kick in, after Obama is done delaying due to election cycles, what the true effect will be. If they were not going to cause any issues why have there been over 30 delays and why have all the delays been done till after the next Presidential election cycle? You have been led around and you don't even know it.

So how about that 4 year majority the Dems had prior to 2010? You going to continue to dodge? Come one CI.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 06:56 pm
Quote:
Surprise! Another State About To Give Its Obamacare Exchange The Kiss Of Death

Quote:
So if Gold’s suggestion is followed and Hawaii’s exchange is scrapped, it’ll follow in the find tradition set by Oregon (which cost $248 million), Massachusetts ($100 million), and Maryland (another $200 million!).
And all it cost the American taxpayer is $11,000 for each person – it cost $100 million to sign up only 9,217 Hawaiians. If it spends all the federal money allocated, it will cost twice as much.

So great job, Obamacare!

http://weaselzippers.us/185594-surprise-another-state-about-to-give-its-obamacare-exchange-the-kiss-of-death/
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:10 pm
@coldjoint,
weasel zippers is a conservative blog without any qualification or fact checking.

Google took them out! LOL
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:12 pm
@coldjoint,
That's simple. Because people like you have NEVER PROVIDED ANY FACT, but told nothing but LIES.

You don't know how to Fact Check. It's a simple procedure, but dummies like you prefer parroting lies from Fox faux News.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
weasel zippers is a conservative blog without any qualification or fact checking.

More reliable than the DailyKoz, and Think Progress any day.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's simple. Because people like you have NEVER PROVIDED ANY FACT, but told nothing but LIES.

That is a ridiculous statement. Progressive hyperbole. And we have heard nothing but lies and excuses from dildos like you.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:39 pm
Quote:
Hillary: Americans don't need guns!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-M3hdXTjC1WM/UNzi28HVW9I/AAAAAAABD4s/DAbvY__MnMA/s360/121227-never-about-guns.jpg

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/05/hillary-american-fixation-on-guns-is.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Not ridiculous at all! All of your posts have been proven to be lies or innuendos. You have never provided any credible source for your claims; NEVER.

Want to start now? I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself by telling the truth, providing credible source for any claim you make, and/or use common sense that most can agree upon.

But the next post you provide that are lies or innuendos without any credibility, expect the same treatment from me to call on your lies, and I'll continue to label you as a liar.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 09:32 pm
Elizabeth Warren on Benghazi
Earlier this week, Speaker John Boehner announced the formation of a new select committee to investigate Benghazi led by Rep. Trey Gowdy.

All three of my brothers served in the military, and I know firsthand how much Americans serving abroad -- and their families -- sacrifice. What happened in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012 was a tragedy. Four Americans died putting themselves in harm's way in service to peace, diplomacy, and their country. I look at what happened in Benghazi with sadness, with seriousness, and as yet another call to honor the men and women who keep us safe.

So let me be blunt: that kind of seriousness is sorely missing from the no-holds-barred political theater of the House Republicans.

I know a little bit about the way Trey Gowdy pursues oversight. I was on the other end of it when I was setting up the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and I was called to testify before the House. As the Huffington Post reported at the time, Gowdy's interrogation of me "seemed to lack the basic facts" about the agency he was attempting to oversee. I'd like you to read their reporting on one of these exchanges just so you know what this Benghazi "investigation" is likely to look like:

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) grilled Warren on whether the bureau would make public the complaints it gets. She answered that the complaint issue was a work in progress, but that at the very least, there was progress in creating a system for large credit card companies.

"Are any of the complaints public?" Gowdy demanded.

"Congressman, we don't have any complaints yet," Warren said of the still-nascent agency. "What we're trying to do is build the system."

Gowdy also seemed to think that Warren had written the Dodd-Frank law, and he was determined to know what Warren meant by defining "abusive" practices as something that "materially interferes" with the ability of a consumer to understand a term or a condition.

"That suggests to me that some interferences are immaterial. Is that what you meant by that?" he asked a momentarily perplexed-looking Warren.

"Congressman, I believe the language you are quoting is out of the Dodd-Frank act," she said. "This is the language that Congress has adopted."

Still, Gowdy insisted on her answer, although the definitions and regulations required by the law are still being written.

As a Senator, I take oversight seriously because it is powerfully important. But Trey Gowdy gives oversight a bad name. The House GOP is on a waste-of-time-and-resources witch hunt and fundraising sideshow, shamefully grasping for any straw to make President Obama, former Secretary Clinton, or Secretary Kerry look bad. This stunt does a disservice to those who serve our country abroad, and it distracts us from issues we should be taking up on behalf of the American people.

With millions of people still out of work and millions more working full time yet still living below the poverty line, with students drowning in debt, with roads and bridges crumbling, is this really what the House Republicans are choosing to spend their time on? Even for guys who have so few solutions to offer that they have voted 54 times to repeal Obamacare, this is a new low.

House Republicans are doing whatever they can to distract the American people from what's really going on in Washington – a rigged system that works great for those who have armies of lobbyists and lawyers but that leaves everyone else behind. A system in which Republicans protect tax breaks for billionaires while they block increases in the minimum wage for millions of people who work full time and live in poverty. A system in which Republicans give away billions of dollars in subsidies to Big Oil while making billions in profits off of our kids' student loans.

It's wrong, and it's shameful.

Thank you,

Elizabeth
Baldimo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 10:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'll say this. Screw the rich vs. poor BS plot. I'm concerned with the middle class and what they pay in taxes every year. I made some pretty good money this year, I own a house and I got $100 back. So I paid my taxes. I lady I know with 3 kids and an ex-husband in prison, gets back enough each year to take her 3 kids and her best friend on a cruise each and every year for the last 5 years.

Now tell me how fair our tax code is when someone like me who does my part here in the US, but someone who doesn't and makes poor choices in life gets a vacation each year. So you tell me what is fair in this system? I pay way more in taxes than she does but I get nothing back. You know damn well she didn't foot the bill and pay her fair share of taxes to run this govt she lives off of.

Don't by into the poor vs rich bullshit. It's a ******* ploy to **** the middle class. Save yourself some self respect and don't fall for it. The rich pay way more then I do. Just because you make more money doesn't mean you should pay for someone else's yearly vacations. That's what I do every year. I pay the taxes so someone else can go on a cruise that I couldn't afford.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 10:32 pm
@Baldimo,
This sentence proves you are ignorant about our country,
Quote:
I pay way more in taxes than she does but I get nothing back.

I'm sure you don't use anything that our government provides. Think a little harder, and you might learn something that's revealing for you!

Make a list, and post it here - if you dare. Otherwise, you're all smoke and no oxygen.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 10:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren on Benghazi

Who cares about that hypocrite? Do you think she knows anything but progressive tripe? I don't.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 10:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
This sentence proves you are ignorant about our country,

You have him at a disadvantage, every sentence you post proves your ignorance.http://www.acidpulse.us/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 10:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
This one paragraph says it all!
Quote:
As a Senator, I take oversight seriously because it is powerfully important. But Trey Gowdy gives oversight a bad name. The House GOP is on a waste-of-time-and-resources witch hunt and fundraising sideshow, shamefully grasping for any straw to make President Obama, former Secretary Clinton, or Secretary Kerry look bad. This stunt does a disservice to those who serve our country abroad, and it distracts us from issues we should be taking up on behalf of the American people.

They don't have any respect for the people who sacrificed for their country, and try to make hay out of nothing. People who serve in the military and consulate know that they will be in harms way, and they do it with knowing all the risks and dangers of serving.

These yokels who call themselves conservatives have no shame, and use every opportunity to make this administration look bad - wasting our government time and resources.

Why didn't they investigate the lies that GW Bush and Cheney pushed on this country to start an illegal war that cost many more lives and treasure? Are they admitting that 4,300 of our military (and the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi lives lost) who lost their lives in Iraq is not worth the four lives lost in Benghazi?

Give me a friggin break!
coldjoint

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 10:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They don't have any respect for the people who sacrificed for their country, and try to make hay out of nothing. People who serve in the military and consulate know that they will be in harms way, and they do it with knowing all the risks and dangers of serving.

You mean like Harry Reid who said the war was lost and only high school dropouts join the military. Liberals and Killary hate the military. Lip service is all liberals give the military. The VA deaths tell you that.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 11:21 pm
 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LHrmJYNLTIU/SrZ68R_1dlI/AAAAAAAAAEs/VuefAvCuotQ/s320/KeefeJul2009.jpg

your cite didn't work for me, bob, so I thought I'd repost it (unless it stops working for me too)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 11:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Perfect chance to answer that question CI. Why didn't the Dems with their 4 years running the House launch such an investigation? It was well within their rights to do so. Why didn't they do it? They had 4 years of majority control and could have done what they wished, but for some reason Nancy Polosi decided not to start any of those investigations. So instead of blaming the GOP for not investigating Bush, you should be asking why the leader of your party in the House didn't do so. Once they are out of power, it's too late. As you know, no party is ever going to investigate their own party head. The Dems are as likely to investigate Obama as the GOP was to investigate Bush.

So a 4 year majority in the House correct?
0 Replies