Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 08:33 am
@parados,
You got that right.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 08:42 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Being aware has nothing to do with fear. But awareness is not your strong suit.

I'm aware of your stench. But then, who isn't?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:00 am
@parados,
Quote:
Muslims in the US have no more right to discriminate than Christians do.

Muslims in the US are treated with kid gloves. They are a part of a free society no one wishes to discuss. And that is due to intimidation and the Islamophobe label that is a liberal progressive no no. Some how Muslims have turned their religious obligations into civil rights, it is no such thing.

So what does that say about freedom when one group is above criticism because of the violence that could occur?

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I'm aware of your stench. But then, who isn't?

I don't know someone that talks about others peoples families stinks to high Heaven. Know anyone like that?
raprap

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 11:24 am
@coldjoint,
Only you--ColdDope.

Rap

coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 11:55 am
@raprap,
Quote:
Only you--ColdDope.

Usual non input, and lie. Worthless.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 12:46 pm
@coldjoint,
Let me name that person for you. Its you.

Your situational ethics stink you up.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 01:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Your situational ethics stink

That is the liberal and progressive game. Race baiters, liars, and hypocrites.
parados

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 01:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Says the guy that supports breaking the law at the same time he whines that the government isn't enforcing the laws.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 01:37 pm
Jeff Sessions channels John Birch

Last Thursday, Alabama Republican Senator Jeff Sessions accused President Obama, Attorney General Holder, and Vice President Biden of “deliberately collapsing” the nation’s immigration law enforcement system. This is pure John Birch Society paranoia:

Our law enforcement system is in a state of collapse, and it’s a deliberate plan by the president of the United States, and it’s wrong. And, people need to be aware of it and need to stand up to it and I believe the American people are beginning to do so.

Sessions made that remark as ‘Patriot’ militia gathered to support rancher Cliven Bundy’s twenty year fight to avoid grazing fees; this is a dog whistle for right wing anti-government activists. Last week saw any number of right wing memes connecting that confrontation to the immigration issue, and not simply by confusing the Bureau of Land Management with the Border Patrol, but seeing them as a single sinister strategy. A conspiracy, in other words. One that is aimed at destroying America from within, all Manchurian candidate-like.

This notional plot to undo America has a long pedigree. In 1960, it was visible in the uprising against water Fluoridation and billboards calling for the impeachment of Earl Warren over the Supreme Court’s decision to integrate public schools. Diminished during the Reagan Years, it came back to prominence on talk radio and within the militia movement. Finally, with the arrival of tea parties in 2009, the John Birch Society returned from its years in the wilderness to become the soul of a movement. Right wing political activism today has an agenda that is almost indistinguishable from the JBS agenda, and that probably has something to do with the fact that the sons of Fred Koch, the organization’s founder, have been funding the tea party movement since before anyone heard of it. (They also endorse Cliven Bundy’s campaign to delegitimize the BLM.)

Sessions has long been a favorite Senator of the JBS and enjoys high ratings from the Society, which makes sense since he shares much of their belief system. For example, Sessions called the NAACP a communist organization long before he was ever elected. He achieved notoriety as a US Attorney for Alabama’s Southern District by giving America a preview of future vote suppression efforts, including the tea party “True the Vote” organization.

The year before his nomination to federal court, he had unsuccessfully prosecuted three civil rights workers–including Albert Turner, a former aide to Martin Luther King Jr.–on a tenuous case of voter fraud. The three had been working in the “Black Belt” counties of Alabama, which, after years of voting white, had begun to swing toward black candidates as voter registration drives brought in more black voters. Sessions’s focus on these counties to the exclusion of others caused an uproar among civil rights leaders, especially after hours of interrogating black absentee voters produced only 14 allegedly tampered ballots out of more than 1.7 million cast in the state in the 1984 election. The activists, known as the Marion Three, were acquitted in four hours and became a cause célébre. Civil rights groups charged that Sessions had been looking for voter fraud in the black community and overlooking the same violations among whites, at least partly to help reelect his friend Senator Denton.

It is not a coincidence that Shelby County, Alabama sued to overturn Section 5 of the Civil Rights Act. When they were supporting Governor George Wallace during the 1960s, the JBS had more than a hundred chapters in or around nearby Birmingham, and the state probably has a larger, better-connected, and more influential JBS presence today than it did at the height of the Civil Rights Era. Mainstream media has paid little attention to the JBS since the 1960s, reckoning it inconsequential, but we have detected an alarming return to relevance that has largely gone unnoticed, and Sessions’ home state seems especially rife with JBS politics nowadays.

In 2007, a liberal Alabama blog discovered state legislators lifting language from the JBS website for a bill designed to stop the North American Union, an entirely-fictional conspiracy story that had been a JBS obsession for years. By 2013, Alabama Republicans were introducing JBS model legislation to ban “Agenda 21,” a nonbinding United Nations sustainable development program that has become a peculiar focus for the Society, which sees it as a sinister international agenda to erode private property rights. The entire Baldwin County, Alabama Planning and Zoning Commission recently resigned in protest after their multi-year effort to formulate a master plan for community growth got shot down by a County Commission in deep capture to JBS propaganda.

Sessions certainly shares the JBS view on immigration issues. As he said last week,

Vice President Biden recently said, quote: ‘You know, 11 million people live in the shadows; I believe they’re already American citizens.’ Eleven million undocumented aliens are already Americans? Goodness. The vice president of the United States would make such a statement. It’s stunning beyond belief.

It is possible to distill the whole of Bircherism to this theme: an alien shadow world is waiting to come alive at any moment and take over your country. The only way to stop them is to make it as hard as possible for people to vote, then hunt down every last alien and send them back to their world. No amount of border fence can hold back this invisible invasion — it is an emergency. In fact, our freedom and prosperity are so threatened that we ought to declare a nationwide police state and wreck the economy in order to solve it. Civil disobedience by immigration activists protesting the record rate of deportations, or appeals to justice and the integrity of the family, are just lies meant to distract us from this “truth.” Sessions represents this point of view better than almost anyone else in Congress.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 01:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
How about a source?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 01:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Want a source? You don't believe Jeff Session said these things?

Here's the video: http://youtu.be/LXhtYQGW1hA

Here's the link to the article: http://crooksandliars.com/2014/04/sen-jeff-sessions-goes-full-john-bircher

Now lets discuss it like gentlemen.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 01:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Want a source?

What are stupid? Yes, I want a source.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 02:07 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
What are stupid? Yes, I want a source.

You are stupid, thanks for asking and allowing me to clear that up for you.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 02:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You are stupid, thanks for asking and allowing me to clear that up for you.

Let's see no answer on the Muslims, and no source. JTT is right you are a coward.
http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/iagree.gif
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 02:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I have a personal reason for disliking the John Birch Society. I once said the following in another topic several years ago; but I'd like to say it again, especially in relation to your post above, bobsal.

I have a sister who attended a college in Colorado from the fall of 1961 through the spring of 1965. She was a member of a sorority at a time when the organization had racist bylaws excluding blacks and Jews from membership. She happened to have a Jewish friend whom she wanted to be able to join her sorority. Of course, she was generally opposed to discrimination. So, she and another member of her sorority launched a petition to the national headquarters urging them to drop the racist bylaws.

She also once participated in a peaceful demonstration against the "whites only" hiring practices of the largest employer in the town.

(Again, the record of political conservatives at this time was . . . ?)

The John Birch Society ludicrously claimed that the civil rights movement of the 1950s and the 1960s had been launched by Communists -- that it, in fact, was a Communist plot. Of course, they claimed Martin Luther King Jr. was a Communist. (They were rather loose in their accusations. They also accused Dwight Eisenhower of being a communist. Drunk )

So, eventually the Houston chapter of the John Birch Society publicly announced to the news media that my sister was a Communist! If this had happened during the McCarthy period, the chances of her getting a decent job afterwards would have been nil. To the contrary, as far as I'm concerned, my sister was performing a public service to this country by opposing the discriminatory practices I've just described. In fact, I'm very proud of her. To falsely accuse someone of being a Communist is as despicable as falsely accusing someone of being a pedophile.

To add icing to the cake, so to speak, in 1971 my sister introduced me to a very interesting book she had been reading: The Confession -- which is the autobiography of Artur London, who had served as a Deputy Foreign Minister in the Stalinist regime of Clement Gottwald over Czechoslovakia. Although he had been a dedicated Communist for many years, he was arrested by the secret police when Stalin had ordered the ruling Communist Party of that country to stage a political show trial. The result was the infamous Slansky trial in which 14 leading Communists (11 of whom happened to be of Jewish descent) were charged with treason. The trial was conducted with anti-Semitic overtones. Every single one of the defendants were innocent, but they were all convicted. The secret police had forced them all to incriminate themselves. Eleven of them were executed; the remaining three (including London) were given life terms, but were pardoned after the death of Stalin. London and his family were allowed to immigrate to France.

Of course, London's biography concentrates upon his horrific experience. He was tortured by the secret police and was "broken" so that he would be willing to make his "confession" during the trial and falsely incriminate himself. The secret police could make anyone confess to anything. Needless to say, the book is a searing indictment of the Stalinist police state.

My sister was and still is quite liberal. But she was opposed to Communist regimes as she was opposed to all cruel dictatorships. So much for my sister's "Communism." Rolling Eyes I have absolutely no respect for the John Birch Society and little patience for their defenders.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 05:11 pm
@wmwcjr,
Not many people get the opportunity to stand on principle and fewer still actually get up and make that stand. I am glad to hear about your sister. It would have been very easy for her to submit to the Greek system. She was an instrument of change and met the challenge. I salute her!

Your attitude and mine about the JBS and Robert Welch are the same.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 05:18 pm
kidos to your sister, wmwc.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 06:23 pm
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10155240_10152103679286275_4145414972632403081_n.jpg
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 06:31 pm
geez, and here all this time we've been thinking Jim Inhofe was the Congree's premier know-nothing.