Congratulations, House Republicans!

coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 08:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That quote of yours wasn't addressed to me. Dumbass.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 11:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It makes one wonder why republicans support their party that are out to destroy voting rights in this country. Doesn't make any sense to me, but there must be something about republicanism that ignores how democracies should work. Why do they try so hard to deny the votes of Americans? Why do members of the party allow their party to create these handicaps for voters?

This is another reason why I argue with my siblings about politics. They're republicans and I'm an independent.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 01:10 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

We all keep pointing it out to you every time you post.

Keep spamming this site, and you'll be asked to leave.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 03:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You are the example of each.
We all keep pointing it out to you every time you post.
If that remark is directed against Coldjoint,
then I take exception to your remark and I deny it.
I, for one, do not keep pointing anything out to him.

David
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 07:22 am
@coldjoint,
I was tying to give you a chance to say something smart even if you didn't say it, dumbass, and you blew it. Again.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 07:23 am
@Miller,
Something, I bet you know lots about. Where have you been for the last month?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 09:56 am
House Speaker John Boehner's statement on unemployment falling to 5.9 percent
In a fit of jealousness?

John Boehner said about unemployment rate dropping to 5.9%, "Instead of trying to convince Americans that things are great, Washington Democrats ought to show they’re serious about helping middle-class families get ahead, not just get by."

Actually, nobody is saying things are great. But they are getting a better, no thanks to Boehner and his crew.To be fair, however, you can't really blame him for trying to avoid any discussion of the report itself. I mean, the election is just a month away. It's not like he can say something nice about the president's track record at a time like this.

John Boehner's Tea Party majority has done nothing to help create jobs. It's time for a new majority. Can you chip in $3 to help elect a Democratic majority?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/03/1334064/-House-Speaker-John-Boehner-s-statement-on-unemployment-falling-to-5-9-percent?detail=email
georgeob1

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 11:24 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Evidently Bobsal believes government programs funded by taxes create jobs. Just a little serious thinking will reveal the contradictions built into that idea.

Jobs are created by entrepreneurs and corporations out of capital they put at risk to create new economic activity. The scope and reach of government regulation of business is reaching levels at which potential job creators can no longer forecast a return on their at risk capital, thus fewer jobs are created. The income gap between professionals and the working class has been growing under the "progressive" rule of the current administration in this the slowest recovery from a serious recession we have seen in many decades.

The hapless ineptitude of the current administration is seeping into ever more areas of our government bureaucracy.Increasing elements if it appear to be unable to function without repeated failures. Meanwhile the bureaucrats themselves become increasingly authoritarian in telling the rest of us to shut up and listen.

Our pathetically narcissistic president is in way over his head and he increasingly stumbles from failure to failure. Even his "loyal" Democrat supporters are starting to abandon him.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 11:53 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The hapless ineptitude of the current administration is seeping into ever more areas of our government bureaucracy.Increasing elements if it appear to be unable to function without repeated failures. Meanwhile the bureaucrats themselves become increasingly authoritarian in telling the rest of us to shut up and listen.

kinda like the guy who comes home to play stern daddy when the kids know that he is failing at work and is about to get fired. This government needs to butt out of our personal affairs and attempt to do its job better.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 11:59 am
@georgeob1,
It does; infrastructure improvement and repair are paid by the government. Schools, defense, and social services are also paid by the government. No developed democracy in this world can live without taxation.

You can try to starve the beast, but it only creates bigger deficits that republicans are against. You can't have it both ways.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:01 pm
Jobs are created by entrepreneurs and corporations out of capital they put at risk to create new economic activity.

Which they ship overseas or pay Americans poverty wages without government intervention.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Actually, nobody is saying things are great. But they are getting a better,

not for the overwhelming number of Americans they are not.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
I liked this response.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
The government's intervention to save the banks and auto industry was the foundation to which our economy didn't end up in another Great Depression.

That created jobs based on the simple fact that our economy recovered from the Great Recession. The unemployment rate is now 5.9% based on the recovery; all thanks to our government's intervention.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What... recovery. They have to raise the debt ceiling every year. A recovery would lower the ceiling back to a realistic dimension.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:17 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
The so-called 'debt ceiling' is approved by congress and the president. That's how our government operates.

You probably don't understand these simple federal government issues.

What you also seem to be ignorant about is that the national debt would be smaller today based on our GDP than in the past if the republicans had kept the deficit under control. Look what happened under Reagan and Bush to our deficit.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag215/Tak_Nomura/US-national-debt-GDP1_zps97d04d30.png
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The fact that something as stupid as raising the debt ceiling was approved by the congress and the president is evidence that our country is ruled by monkeys wearing monocles.

It's like I always say, band aids only cover up the wounds, while slowing the healing, then hurt when you try to take it off too soon.

Intellects protect us from issues; geniuses prevent issues from happening; idiots postpone the issues.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It does; infrastructure improvement and repair are paid by the government. Schools, defense, and social services are also paid by the government. No developed democracy in this world can live without taxation.

You can try to starve the beast, but it only creates bigger deficits that republicans are against. You can't have it both ways.

What nonsense !

Of course some level of taxation is necessary and some level of social benefits is good - as long as the economy is able to pay for them. The deficits and cumulative national debt that Republicans oppose are the best available measures of the government expenditures we are unable to pay for. Increasing deficits and debt without limit simply cannot be sustained - as the Greeks discovered a few years ago and the Venezuelans and Argentines are discovering now. Once no one shows up for your bond sale the game is over and you can't go back.

You chose to blame the present situation on the actions of previous presidents and Congresses. That ignores the reality of the choices the current administration has made in the real situations they faced - not an imaginary one of your choosing. That was a deceptive and meaningless argument.
parados

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:38 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Evidently Bobsal believes government programs funded by taxes create jobs. Just a little serious thinking will reveal the contradictions built into that idea.

One needs to only look at the facts to see how your claim about thinking is ironic. The government expenditures make up over 18% of the US GDP.
http://www.bea.gov/national/txt/dpga.txt

Do you want to argue that almost 20% of the economy is not contributing to the economy? I think you are the one in over your head george.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:38 pm
@georgeob1,
It's interesting that the republicans cry about out national debt while history have shown they are the biggest deficit creators. That's not nonsense; it's history/facts.

Not only that but it's the republicans who failed to approve the debt ceiling that resulted in our economy losing over $50 billion.