Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:33 pm
Should this great-granddad even be driving if he doesn't even recognize his own great grandson.

The boy was at Sterling Community School on Feb. 21 waiting in line for the bus when the man approached him and said his mother wanted the boy to be picked up from school, said Angela Stone, the boy's mother. Stone spoke during an emergency Board of Education meeting Tuesday, according to video posted by the Norwich Bulletin.

The man, who has not been identified, then drove to his home with the boy.

"This man believed it was his great-grandson. Apparently, they have the same hat and the same coat color," Stone said.

When the man arrived at home, his wife realized the boy was not their great-grandson. The man then called the school and was told to bring the boy back.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/02/28/great-grandfather-mistake-school-connecticut/5893173/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 474 • Replies: 6

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:55 pm
@Linkat,
I have to say I laughed my a$$ off at that one.

I'm old and confused. At least I have never grabbed someone else's kid in error. Weird too that the kid didn't say anything -- like your not my granddad.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:56 pm
@Linkat,
Poor old guy...someone should realize a little more help is in order.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:01 pm
They all look alike to me, too.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:02 pm
@Linkat,
from the article --
Quote:
The great-grandfather did have permission to pick up his great-grandson from the school. He had shown his identification
and signed out the correct student, but a staff member was supposed to watch the man pick up the boy.
granted, he should have realized it wasn't the right kid, but the school staff screwed up big time by letting this happen at all...
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
most definately --- but doesn't it stike anyone funny that he didn't realize he had the wrong kid???

I mean didn't they talk in the car or anything -- no clue this wasn't his great-grandkid?
Germlat

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:15 pm
@Linkat,
In the movie Family man, the protagonist asks for a receipt when dropping off his infant. He seemed appalled this wasn't customary . Smile Smile
0 Replies