Diane

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 07:12 pm
RJB, thank you for reviving this charming game. I hope the regulars and new people join.
Diane
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 07:20 pm
oh, RJB, sorry........I have the other bluffs...let's do that round first. I apologize to all.....I've been at meetings last week and too busy to eat or sleep. I'll post............oh, now that I think of it, let's do your word, I still don't have time to be dasher tonight. Thanks. I'll send in my bluff.......or would someone else like to do the CARFAX one?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 08:45 pm
Let's do realjohnboy's word. If you still don't have time or inclination to take it on, Lola, I'll be dasher for that next. Very Happy Any objections?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:13 am
Can we finish Carfax too? I'll send in a definition for Thrip, but I'm still curious what Carfax means.

Thripper: a stripper with a lisp?
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:52 am
Hello gang.
Anybody sort that CARFAX out yet? I tried my best to give you a juicy word.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:55 am
OK, I'll do it. CARFAX first. But not until later today. I have a deadline to meet first.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:27 pm
Hi Equus.... that's a good definition!!! Laughing

how about... "Thrip".... thrifty budget for taking a trip....

Lola.... I hope you still have my definition for "Carfax"

realjohnboy.... thanks for jumping in and reviving this game! I'll be thinking of a good definition for "Thrip"

Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:34 pm
I want to play.......!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:37 pm
Great, happy to have you, littlek! Send your bluff definition for THRIP to realjohnboy and for CARFAX to Lola. Very Happy
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:39 pm
Hi lil'k ! ! ! ! !

:-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:41 pm
Hi all. I'll pass this round and pickup after I watch it play out, if ya don't mind....
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 04:00 pm
Lola...Hi, good to hear from you. I know the feeling: I'm in retailing and we handled the holiday rush, got a couple of days rest and then geared up for the second semester student crunch. There were quite a few days when I came home hoping to do various chores but fell asleep instead.
Anyway, I have received six bluffs so far on THRIP, all from the regular gang of players. I suggest that we put my round as Dasher aside for a few days so we can finish with CARFAX.
Or, Lola, if you would prefer, we could do THRIP and come back to CARFAX over the weekend. Your choice.
Being Dasher should not be a burden. Whatever works best for you will be appreciated by the rest of us. Thanks -rjb-
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 05:59 pm
Ok, so far I have definitions for CARFAX from the following:

Maxsm
P&L
Lola
Cheshire
Equus
Diane
Felix Noir
realjohnboy
ZYZZYGOGUE
sozobe
jespah

If anyone who wishes to play is missing in this list, or if anyone has sent a definition that is not included here, please let me know asap. Otherwise, I'll post them later tonight.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:20 am
I'd like to play CARFAX, if its not too late. I've sent a definition to Lola - if its too late, that is okay, I'll wait for the next one.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 05:20 am
I am happy to sit out carfax - I have already thripped.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:55 am
But dlowan, you can thrip and carfax at the same time here!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 10:24 am
Isn't it illegal in Utah to thrip and carfax simultaneously?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 01:56 pm
Ha! If it isn't illegal, it ought to be.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 02:23 pm
dlowan and little k and Larry, please go ahead and send in a carfax definition.........there is still time. And then I'll post them.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:33 pm
All righty then, here are the bluffs and one real:

1. A canister used by pilots to store flight schedules

2. A nasty tasting and vile diet cat food used by humans to torutre and mistreat their sweet, innocent, unsuspecting cats. I should be banded!

3. A service for auto buyers to find the exact price of a car with a given set of options and features.

4. In a cathedral, a short hallway or chapel off the nave, parallel to the transept.

5. An intersection of main roads at the center of town

6. A small, hardy shrub.

7. A message board found on the tires of cars. Used mainly by dogs and alley cats.

8. A small genus of evergreen plants that are cultivated for their yellow flowers or silvery foliage.

9. A small parasitic worm that spends some of it's lifecycle in the tidal pools near Dover, England

10. Rubbish

11. An herb used as a tonic to break up bladder stones

12. An electronically controlled road, guiding cars during rush hour to avoid gridlock.

13. Car'-fax (Anatomy): An area of the chest cavity in which the heart is attached.
0 Replies