Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:39 pm
Then that's positive confirmation for me bib, Afrikaans and Dutch be very alike.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 03:07 pm
KIT-KAT (CAT) AND KAKKER - that's how I remembered it. Of course, I could be talking a load of balderdash! Rolling Eyes

When does the game move on to the next word?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 07:10 pm
When everybody's votes are in and I have the time to post. Maybe tomorrow if everybody is accounted for (ending sentence in preposition again, masterfully done, I might add.)
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 05:44 pm
OK, as far as I can determine, we need only a guess from Sozobe to continue...........Sozobe? Are you out there somewhere? Calling Sozobe.......
0 Replies

Felix Noir

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 12:11 pm
Well hello, old friends. It is good to be back to balderdash again, yet it seems a little lonely around here--where's Taffy le Blanc and Jack the Wonder Dog and all the other members of the animal family who gave this game added character?

I'll be napping until the next game starts. Purrs to all of you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 12:15 pm
Oh hi! I thought I was gonna sit this out 'cause I looked on Google before I knew that was verboten. Oops. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 12:22 pm
oh, Sozobe, I didn't realize (or remember, senior moment possibly Embarrassed) I'll get it all together today and post.
0 Replies

Cheshire

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 03:52 pm
Oh HO! So this is where everyone has got to......... Cool I'll see if I can work my mischief as soon as the next game begins. (turning red and then purple) Can you stand on your head? :wink:
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 04:25 pm
Allllllllll righty, here is is:

Submitted by: ---------------------------- guessed by:

1. chatoyant------------------------------------score: 2

2. Correct definition ------------------- Chatoyant, mac, Craven, Bib

3. Jespah-----------------------------------------score: 0

4. macsm ------------------------------ Jes, dlowan--------------------score: 4

5. Equus ------------------------------ Swimpy....................score: 1

6. Lola ------------------------------ Equus------------------score: 1

7. P&L --------------------------------------------score: 0

8. realjohnboy------------------------------------score: 0

9. Craven----------------------------------------score: 2

10. dlowan ----------------------------- Diane------------------------score: 1

11. Swimpy---------------------------------------score: 0

12. Diane ----------------------------- realjohnboy, P&L--------------------score: 2

13. Bib-----------------------------score: 2
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 05:17 pm
Way to go, mac!
0 Replies

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 06:47 pm
I hope I don't miss the next game - I am 5 hours ahead of EST!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:46 pm
Don't worry, Bib, we always give a little extra time for those of us who have been slightly delayed. Was it realjohnboy who said he'd be the next dasher? New word is now in order.
0 Replies

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:44 am
LOLA: why don't you continue to be the dasher - you're doing a good job.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:40 pm
Bib,

The dasher is either at an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on whether the dasher also submits a bluff definition. Plus being the dasher is a bit of work, not too much, but enough to be too much for any one person to take on. So I think it's better to pass the responsibility and fun of being dasher around fairly. But I do enjoy being the dasher and will be glad to do it again when it's my turn.
0 Replies

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 01:53 pm
Could I suggest that you post a Dasher Rota so that other members can see who is currently, and soon to be, the Dasher?

Also, if a dasher doesn't take their turn, say within 48 hours or so, then the next dasher on the rota should pick up the mantle and continue the game.?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:38 pm
Lola...Thanks for your being the Dasher in the last round. Good job. I did offer to take a turn but I noted that, in my little 'burg, I was having trouble getting a set of Balderdash cards, Toys-R-Us claimed to be out and the two local game/toy stores said they knew what I was talking about but couldn't help me. I'm still trying. Honest.
Where the game tends to falter is in a lack of anyone offering to become the next Dasher as soon as a round finishes. Can we have a quick volunteer? I'll do my turn as soon as I can.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:48 pm
I will be away for a few days. Please carry on without me. I'll check back in after a few days.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 09:12 pm
I'll be dasher next. Next word coming right up.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 09:33 pm
Thanks, macsm....

realjohnboy.... you can find words on the internet... by doing a Google search for "weird words" or "uncommon words" or "obscure words".... something like that...

I was just surfing around on the internet and I found a word game site called "Discombobulated Balderdash" at 'EZBoards'....

Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 09:53 pm
Ok, here's the next word:

POOKS

Send me a PM with your bluff definition. If you're new to the game, please see the first page for the rules of the game.
0 Replies