Diane

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 10:11 am
My mother-in-law always said grace, never knowing that my sons were feeding the dog under the table and sneaking bites for themselves.

Do you think Jaculiferous has the hots for Jillerious?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 10:25 am
LittleK: re Thanksgiving a religious holiday: I was brought up as a Christian Scientist. Thanksgiving IS a religious observance for them, even outside the US. It is their only special service of the year- there is no special Christmas service, no Good Friday service, etc. But there is a Thanksgiving service. The CS founder, Mary Baker Eddy, set it up that way- she was originally a Congregationalist, which evolved from the Puritans, so Thanksgiving was very important to her. Weird, huh?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 11:14 am
Equus - yes weird!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 11:16 am
Hi All,

I just returned from a weekend away with the immediate family - a positively jaculiferous weekend....I have a question:

we're each supposed to submit only one definition guess - be it bluff or serious, is this right?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 12:12 pm
You submit a bluff definition by pm (personal message) to the 'dasher'. Then, when the dasher lists possible answers (everyone's bluffs plus the correct answer), you guess which number is the correct definition. You get points if people pick your bluff definition and you get points if you select the correct definition from the list. If you are sure of the answer, you can pm the dasher, but you can still submit a bluff. Don't tell everyone the answer or it'll spoil the fun. Also, we can't prevent you from doing so, but it isn't much fun if you look it up.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 12:20 pm
Good afternoon one and all. I hope y'all who do the Thanksgiving thing had a fine weekend and are recovering from too much food, football, family and wine. Well, you can never have too much wine.
I have received 16 bluffs so far. I noticed that Safecracker has been active in another topic so I pmed him to try to get his submission before I turn the real and contrived definitions over to y'all.
I'd like to do that later this evening

Diane: I live in C'ville. Next time, indeed.
onyxelle: One definition per player. I will post the real meaning of the word along with the bluffs later.
Vote for the one you think is correct. If you choose the real definition, you score some points. You also can get points if your bluff fools another player. Your submission will probably snare someone; it was pretty clever. Good luck--realjohnboy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 12:27 pm
oops, I reckon Equus and I both work for the Department of Redundancy Department.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 01:17 pm
oops, I reckon realjohnboy and I both work for the Department of Redundancy Department, again.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 01:35 pm
Oh you guys, you're so funny.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:25 pm
okay, here we go with the definitions for JACULIFEROUS. One of them is correct; the rest are bogus. You can try to lure folks to your bluff by saying something like "Number X sounds right..."
or you can try to otherwise explain your vote or you can just blurt out you vote. All done in public; right here so all can see.
This may take a while.

JACULIFEROUS;
1) a nagging cat
2) of a leaf bud; having a sticky outer layer
3) laughter-causing
4) blossoming
5) fur-like
6) agreeably rough; animated
7) condition of chronic muscular spasm caused by
allergic reaction to lactic acid
8) tiny, "rat-like" and pink in color
9) having a spine looking like a row of darts
10) an all night, rowdy party
11) composed of tungsten
12) Mimi Meow's description of that young Tom
from the next alley. Hmmph.
13) the effect on a person from a joke with good
barbs
14) bearing a link with hurling
15) drooling
16) a cajun word meaning pepper like in taste
17) having an ironic view of toileting

I sure hope I got everything posted correctly...Let the voting begin. -realjohnboy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:46 pm
I vote for #15.

Great definitions everyone!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 08:26 pm
Haha! One of the best sets of definitions yet! I'm going with #11! Thanks Johnboy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 04:58 am
Love 'em. Going with number nine (9).
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:58 am
Beats me! I'll take #6
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 10:11 am
Number 9....number 9.....crap, it must be the Lennon acid flashbacks. I have no clue.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 01:03 pm
Sheeeesh! Good daffynitions.

Who knows????

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 01:09 pm
Gawd, these are really good. #6.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:48 pm
I'm not sure I remember which is my bluff. I hope I don't fall for my own.....
I'll go with #4.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 05:20 pm
I'll go with #6.
Felix is purrfectly certain #1 is correct.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 06:02 pm
Thank you for your votes. This is going quite quickly. which makes johnboy happy. I am in the retailing business and Friday-Monday's sales have been very strong in my stores. We're tired so I would like to end my reign as Dasher as soon as I can.
It looks like we're waiting on First Thought, Hiama, Taffy, Peace & Love, ehbeth, and Onyxelle and anyone else who didn't submit a definition but would like to venture a guess.

And then there is Safecracker. I pmed him Sunday asking for his submission. Two or three hours later I posted the list. I got his bluff this am; too late, of course, for inclusion. Sorry about that.
0 Replies