fealola

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 11:59 am
Where are we? I don't think the old game is over yet!
0 Replies

Jaspercat

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:18 pm
Caprification
Very excited to find a game of Balderdash!!! Hope you don't mind if I join in. I'll go with #5. Laughing
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:09 pm
Cool! Good to have a new player!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:13 pm
fealola, can't we start another round while we wait?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:17 pm
I don't know! I guess so, I'm new to this, is that routine? Just askin!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:18 pm
Nope, not really routine, but given the pace of our rounds, i don't see anything wrong with it.... well, nothing wrong unless the next game out-paces the previous game. That'd be confusing.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:22 pm
Welcome, Jaspercat. It strikes me as astonishing that your first post would be to Balderdash.
I am realjohnboy. I used to play this game; I was the Dasher a few times. I got busy with other stuff and stopped but I'm hoping to get back in when we start a new game (ie. when someone gets to the 13 point mark).
For what it's worth, if I was asked to be an impartial judge, I would rule that a new word should not be posted until all votes had been submitted on the previous round's bluffs. The new Dasher shouldn't have to wait for the old Dasher to post tht scores, but he/she should let the prior round finish.
Accordingly, if y'all agree, FirstThought can post a new word pretty shortly.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 07:05 pm
Hey, Jaspercat! I'll put you down for #5.

Now, as for the 3 who haven't voted yet - any suggestions from the audience?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 11:33 pm
Sorry, what are we suggesting?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 04:58 am
Sorry folks-for the wait-been busy- I agree with MaAc #16 is tempting , I'm going for #14
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 12:03 pm
Hi jespah....

Diane (and her cat Felix Noir!) and Dys are taking a trip and will probably be away from computers for a week or so....

I suggest we continue.... Diane will understand.... if not, she (and her little cat!) can pounce on me the next time I see her!!!... LOL...

actually.... can I cast their votes for my definition???... LOL...

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:26 pm
Okay, then I guess we're done. Hang on, I have definitions & scoring coming right up ....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:28 pm
THE RESULTS (lots of goat and Isle of Capri stuff here)

1. Becoming goat-like. mac11 and Equus presented this bluff! Guessed by Peace & Love

2. The process causing the formation of underwater caves and grottoes named after those found on Capri. Diane's bluff

3. The formation of limestone deposits due to vaporization caused by the chemical reaction between sulfur and limestone strata with hot water in geothermal areas. fealola's bluff Guessed by margo, littlek, Eva and safecracker

4. The process of erosion resulting in bare rock strata on the summits of hills and mountains. Eva's bluff Guessed by fealola and Equus

5. A term in carpentry meaning a slow deterioration of hard woods over time from natural factors such as rain and snow. safecracker's bluff Guessed by Jaspercat

6. The process by which goats and other ruminant animals transform a landscape through grazing. The dasher's first fake-o definition

7. Renovating a place so it becomes a tourist trap, such as Isle of Capri. margo's bluff

8. Indulgence in life's luxuries. hiama's bluff Guessed by mac11

9. To become a litererary and political refuge. littlek's bluff

10. The process of enclosing a liquid metal in a glass container. Peace & Love's bluff

11. A rare condition which one can catch while holidaying in Capri. firstthought's bluff

12. The ancient astrogical rite of changing other signs into Capricorns. cavfancier's bluff

13. A form of hunting mice in the Isle of Capri. Taffy Le Blanc's bluff

14. A method of assuring pollination of Smyrna and other edible figs in which flower clusters of the caprifig are hung from trees of the edible fig, allowing wasps to carry pollen from the flowers of the caprifig to those of the edible varieties. This is the real definition Guessed by cavfancier, hiama and firstthought

15. The fossilized head of a half eaten mouse. Felix Noir's bluff Guessed by Taffy le Blanc

16. The act of shortening women's slacks to mid-calf length. The dasher's second fake-o bluff (I couldn't resist)

Scoring:
Hiama: 1 + 2 + 7 = 10

firstthought: 2 + 7 = 9
Mac11: 1 + 8 = 9

Safecracker: 0 + 8 = 8

Margo: 0 + 7 = 7
Equus: 1 + 6 = 7

cavfancier: 2 + 4 = 6
Eva: 2 + 4= 6

fealola: 4 + 1 = 5

jespah: 0 + 4 = 4

littlek: 0 + 3 = 3

Felix Noir: 1 + 1 = 2

Peace & Love: 0 + 1 = 1
Taffy le Blanc: 0 + 1 = 1

Jaspercat: 0
Diane: 0 + 0? = 0
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:28 pm
Oh yay!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:36 pm
Looks like we fell for each other's bluffs, fealola!

Smile
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:36 pm
Excellent! Thanks for the excellent dashing, Jespah.

So where are we with OENOPHILE?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:45 pm
Wow! I have a question.

I got 4 points for people guessing mine. What is my extra point for.

Some people got 3 different scores. What are they for in order?? (I read the rules but still couldn't get it).

(Must think about Oenophile.)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:59 pm
fea - I think you'd had a point before.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 04:12 pm
Oh, so that's a point from another game? Ohh, and we go to 13?
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 07:56 pm
i didnt get my 1 point for Jaspercat guessing my bluff
0 Replies