spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:54 pm
It isn't worth arguing with that.The leaders of the communist party in the Soviet Union made precisely the same argument, as have those who said the internet was a bad thing.Get into to your shrinking corner.

Carry on withering.You lost me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:12 pm
But I simply seek to keep Lola's game alive which you have admitted was withering.

I often wondered why there were still monkeys and now I know.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:17 pm
There you go.Lola's name top of the page.Where were you lot when it sank.Periodically peeping like Jupiter periodically conjuncts with Uranus.

What a stroke to try to pull on spendius."Periodically" made to look like attention.You shouldn't patronise people on these threads like that because you'll get found out.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:18 pm
But not to worry.Clary's with you.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:29 pm
Spendi,

It's ok, I haven't been on my thread in a long time either. But there are some who have been here and I can understand if they don't want to change the rules.

Why don't you start a new thread with your rules? It sounds like fun to me.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 02:22 am
spendius wrote:
The leaders of the communist party in the Soviet Union made precisely the same argument, as have those who said the internet was a bad thing.

LOL Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 03:19 am
Quote:
There's an air of neglect, here, a moribundity. It smells of decay, damp... cobwebs hang dustily..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 07:45 am
spendius wrote:
Quote:
There's an air of neglect, here, a moribundity. It smells of decay, damp... cobwebs hang dustily..

So, is that what Kinnikinic means?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 08:38 am
Jespah:-

No it was a quote from Clary who, as you might know,has been resisting changes to the rules of the game to which she was referring.Her roof also is open to the elements.

I invite you to be the first to submit a witty definition of my word remembering as you do so that correct answers come in last.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 01:45 pm
Oh, piffle! Hey! I like the word. Let's play it for goodness sake. Didn't anyone tell Spendi-'bladerdash' is a game of patience when it involves so many in so many places - all of whom cannot always be a2k-ing!

Kinnikinic is a good word. I say we give it a chance - c'mon say it with me!!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 01:54 pm
devvie:-

Thanks.

Which way are you playing.Is it the "neglect,moribund,musty way" or my suggestion for one try way?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 05:50 pm
Hmmmm.... I'll have to think about that! Meanwhile, I'll think up a def. & send you one of those nasty pm's!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 05:53 pm
That sounds like the sort of reasonable compromise that a reasonable lady might make.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 05:58 pm
Why, thank you and I like the way we've been playing, if you don't mind my saying so.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 06:04 pm
devvie:-

No.I don't mind at all.It was never a big deal in the first place.It was only a suggestion.It came out of my not understanding the scoring and when I found out nobody else did it struck me that certain criticisms of Lola's thread might be better listened to even though I was not the one to make them.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2005 06:25 pm
So noted.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 07:31 am
IMPORTANT NOTICE.

My humble suggestions for the modification of this thread in order to render it more intellectually challenging are hereby withdrawn due to lack of demand.

Having spent a few nights on other Trivia threads I am happy to announce that I am now as daft as the rest of you and see intellectual challenges as superficial and boring in just the right way.

I apologise for my vulgarity and thus I return the thread back to its rightful owner Madame Lola von Bumpskins the internationally renowned cundoctress who will now offer up in thanksgiving Marsototozart's beautiful piece Air on a G-string.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 08:24 am
Quote:
I apologise for my vulgarity and thus I return the thread back to its rightful owner Madame Lola von Bumpskins the internationally renowned cundoctress who will now offer up in thanksgiving Marsototozart's beautiful piece Air on a G-string.

Hilarious Spendi. Beautifully crafted. If only I could play the Viola......... And always remember that G strings prevent panty lines. Pasties, on the other hand, having no practical function have become passe.

I see you've learned to quote as well. Good for you! You're coming along nicely in your mission to rid your mind of unnecessary thinking. I'll send a PM too with a definition and we can get this game underway.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 08:32 am
Reminder:

The word is Kinnikinic
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 08:41 am
Who is the dasher?
0 Replies