devriesj

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 03:29 am
Do you think so, Clary? I pondered that. What say the rest of you? I'm willing to go for it.
I'll put up the scoring later today if possible.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 05:52 am
well done devries. I didn;t expect anyone to vote for my bluff really... It was too obviously wrong. My compliments to dom's definition. I was pretty sure it wasn;t the correct one, but ooooooh the temptation. Put medieval in a sentence, and I'm hooked Wink

naj
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 05:55 am
I'll remember your being hooked by the medaeival in the future, Naj Very Happy.

Oh, Dev; my vote was for number 10:

dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I'll go with #10, too.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 09:59 am
Woop! Nice round!
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 10:16 am
Brilliant round-
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 12:04 pm
Did I miss your vote, drom-? I'm sorry! I'll fix it toot sweet in the points. Lo siento, mea culpa, a thousand pardons, my friend!...

p.s. Are you in Paris yet? If not where? How is it? Do tell!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 12:08 pm
Jes' gettin' it on this page for my sake.
devriesj wrote:

1. The condition of having a forked tail.(jespah's wild idea poked Equus)
2. Lower back pain (Clary's ailment attacked jespah)
3. A hazy mist cloud most commonly found at densely populated urban areas. (najmelliw's- close-to-the-truth-but-no-takers bluff. Better luck next time, naj!)
4. Animal habit of sniffing other animal's backsides. (Equus, uh, nature to 'go to the dogs' offering bit Taffy)
5. A condition which effects a small population in which certain pressure against the coccyx stimulates erotic response. (littlek's sexual healing had no affect)
6. A phenomena that effects only people when they look to the skys on cloudy days but does not effect intellectual felines and canines. (Taffy Le Blanc animal instinct fooled no one)
7. A highly virulent strain of pathogenic bacteria (me! -dev- It's what it sounded like to me, and it fooled: P&L, littlek, and drom- THANK YOU!)
8. Perception of a Sentient subjective mind while viewing water-vapor shapes. (firstthought's not unlike the real answer held water with hiama)
9. Inner-cranial surgery (realjohnboy had no one wanting to be operated upon!)
10. Seeing pictures in the clouds (The REAL answer! Seen -in the stars?- by Clary, onyxelle, rjb and ft! *(AND Drom-!*Note correction.) Muy bueno! You all are just TOO smart!)
11. The mediaeval term for inflammation of the eyelids: blephartis. (drom-et-reve's old english disease was caught by naj)
12. A particularly nasty gram positive bacteria, producing nasty red weals and rashes on one's body (what hiama was dishin' out, nobody was takin!)
13. The muscle in the throat used to blow bubbles (Peace&Love floated this one in and Scarlettmarsden found it irresistible)

George knew that the original reference was "Cloud Cuckoo-land" from Aristophanes play "The Birds"
Good job, all. This was really fun. I'll try to work on the scoring tomorrow. Oy!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 01:25 pm
Clary wrote:
jolly good, though I think firstthought's definition is actually the same as number 10 so should attract 3 points! Not that I'm complaining Smile

Okay all. No biggy, but I'm having a little trouble with a certain scoring 'problem' with what Clary said. 1) Shouldn't I have kept ft's bluff out of the game then? Since I did deem it different enough from the 'correct' definition to put it in, ... IF we let it in, I give ft 3 points, right? And also, I would need to give hiama 2 points for guessing that definition. Or should I just ..."call the whole thing off?" I'm askin' for your advice here. I just want to be fair, but I want to get the scoring out so we can get going again! Confused
- dev
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 05:15 pm
um. johnboy has held back. Reluctant to come across as officious (a nice word, that). May I offer an opinion on the scoring of that last word that dev posted: nepel... never mind, you know the word.

Meanwhile, who's up next as Dasher? Let's get a new round going. -johnboy-
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:03 am
I'm all for that, johnboy!
Getting on with it already: ...

firstthought: 5 (3+2)*
George: 3
Clary: 3 (2+1)
Drom: 3 (2+1)
dev: 3 (1+1+1)

rjb: 2
Onyx-: 2
hiama: 2*

jespah: 1
Equus: 1
PaL: 1

0: My condolences to scarlettmarsden, naj, Taffy, and littlek!
* In my powerful position as dasher, I have decided to bequeath 3 points to ft as that bluff was deemed by Clary and me to be sufficient and also awarded hiama 2 points for having the good sense to choose it!*

**Anybody wanna dispute that?!**Take it away, new dasher!...
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:07 am
You've done a perfect job, Dev, we all appreciate it. Would you like me to dash?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:15 am
I'd love it if you'd dash. You'd be so ...dashing! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:23 am
And the next word is ZAX[/size]

If anyone knows it, please tell me in the next 24 hours!! If not, go ahead.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:25 am
I think I read it once in Dr. Seuss!!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:27 am
Hmmm - send me that definition and I'll check!!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 01:49 am
I'm really kidding, although, I may have to check my kids books just to make sure!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 06:34 pm
dev...you done good: running the round and deciding the scoring. Thanks! Now let's all have
ZAX.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 06:39 pm
Clary, thanks for the word!!!

how about.... Belonging to Zach????

LOL.....

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2004 07:26 pm