Peace and Love

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 10:29 am
The different guy has started a different trend....

I'll go with #7.

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 04:40 pm
I'm going to go with 10. I wait with baited I mean bated...oh hell. I'll wait for the answer passing my time contemplating my navel. Have you ever looked closely at yo
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 07:55 pm
I like the bacterial defs, but which one? The simpler. #7 for me.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 07:56 am
realjohnboy wrote:
I'm going to go with 10. I wait with baited I mean bated...oh hell. I'll wait for the answer passing my time contemplating my navel. Have you ever looked closely at yo

Laughing
Whatever you were going to say, the answer is probably no.

Welcome back, Onyx!! Very Happy

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 07:57 am
I'll go with #10, too.

0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:09 am
I'll be away on vacation until 7 August.
I'll check in then.
Cool bluffs, all!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:23 pm
Welcome back, Onyx! & See ya in August, George!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 02:27 pm
Have a great time, George Very Happy.

0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 05:31 pm
I love one... I can just see some intellectual look at a picture of a devil and say: "Yes, that fella is clearly a Nephalococcygiac!" Very Happy

But, as a history student, I'm easily baited (or is it bated?) by those cool history definitions... I'll stick to 11.

Naj
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 08:07 pm
There's a lot of fish on this topic, and I'm hoping some of it's made into chowder. :-D
0 Replies

Scarlettmarsden

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 11:04 pm
13! Go thirteen! Bubbles! Yaaaay!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 04:57 am
I believe we're waiting for Equus, Taffy Le Blanc and firstthought. Shall I 'thump 'em on the melon?'
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 01:57 pm
I'll go with #1. Sorry I'm late. I was stuck at a ghastly nephelococcygia wreck on I-70.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 02:50 pm
Here, let me get you some Handi-Wipes(TM).
0 Replies

Taffy Le Blanc

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 01:50 pm
I choose #4 its one way to know who your friends are.
0 Replies

firstthought

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 01:58 pm
#10 for me its just the simple thing that Brainy intellectuals whould choose. Razz

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

ft

my computer was down!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 02:02 pm
Sorry about your computer ft! I've had some trouble lately too.
I believe that's everyone. Any more takers?!

I'll post the results in the next day or so! (maybe sooner.)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 08:02 pm
Okay! The results are in for NEPHELOCOCCYGIA (which BTW I shall never forget how to spell!) And he-e-e-ere we go!:

1. The condition of having a forked tail.(jespah's wild idea poked Equus)
2. Lower back pain (Clary's ailment attacked jespah)
3. A hazy mist cloud most commonly found at densely populated urban areas. (najmelliw's- close-to-the-truth-but-no-takers bluff. Better luck next time, naj!)
4. Animal habit of sniffing other animal's backsides. (Equus, uh, nature to 'go to the dogs' offering bit Taffy)
5. A condition which effects a small population in which certain pressure against the coccyx stimulates erotic response. (littlek's sexual healing had no affect)
6. A phenomena that effects only people when they look to the skys on cloudy days but does not effect intellectual felines and canines. (Taffy Le Blanc animal instinct fooled no one)
7. A highly virulent strain of pathogenic bacteria (me! -dev- It's what it sounded like to me, and it fooled: P&L, littlek, and drom- THANK YOU!)
8. Perception of a Sentient subjective mind while viewing water-vapor shapes. (firstthought's not unlike the real answer held water with hiama)
9. Inner-cranial surgery (realjohnboy had no one wanting to be operated upon!)
10. Seeing pictures in the clouds (The REAL answer! Seen -in the stars?- by Clary, onyxelle, rjb and ft! Muy bueno! You all are just TOO smart!)
11. The mediaeval term for inflammation of the eyelids: blephartis. (drom-et-reve's old english disease was caught by naj)
12. A particularly nasty gram positive bacteria, producing nasty red weals and rashes on one's body (what hiama was dishin' out, nobody was takin!)
13. The muscle in the throat used to blow bubbles (Peace&Love floated this one in and Scarlettmarsden found it irresistible)

George knew that the original reference was "Cloud Cuckoo-land" from Aristophanes play "The Birds"
Good job, all. This was really fun. I'll try to work on the scoring tomorrow. Oy!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 08:09 pm
Great job devries - and now on to the scoring!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2004 02:33 am
jolly good, though I think firstthought's definition is actually the same as number 10 so should attract 3 points! Not that I'm complaining Smile
0 Replies