drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 05:35 am
Still 11 definitions... if anyone else wants to play, get your definition in for 8.00 pm Greenwich time, and that's when the choices will be posted.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 10:29 am
dragging this up to encourage more definitions being sent to drom ...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 11:32 am
Thanks, Ehbeth!

We have twelve right now. I'll be extending the period in which you can send definitions to 8.30 pm GMT tonight... We have 12 now.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:08 pm
Apologies to everyone. I am delayed in my posting this due to an incident involving me that has truly weirded me out. I am currently staying in a friend's house, rather than my own, so we will have to wait until to-morrow morning for the Balderdashes to be posted; or, I could write the document out again, here, which will take about five minutes if I multi-task; which would be preferable?

Again, my most sincere apologies for my not posting this at the time that I gave.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:24 pm
Do what works best for you, drom.

(you knew that would be the response, right?)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:27 pm
No rush, drom. Do whatever is easiest for you.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:37 pm
Thanks, you two.. I have sent PMs to quite a few people, and it turns out that most have been suffering a general lack of inspiration.

Anyway, I will post now, with the twelve choices to choose from:

1) A tree growing chiefly in the Phillipines

2) Dance: of the punk era. Bouncing to the downbeat.

3) A Polynesian food made from the roots of indigenous plants.

4) Jewellery worn on one's beard.

5) A super cool, electrically charged atom.

6) a theoretial Charged Particle which they hope to prove along with the Higgs Boson at CERN when their Super Collider is in operation.

7) A craniometric point showing off the Profile of the feline.

8) In ancient Epehsus, one of several young girls dedicated to Diana the huntress, who had to serve in her temple for 7 years, and could elect to have sexual relations with any of the worshippers for a substantial fee. Any child born of this union was educated at the temple's expense.

9) The craniometric point that is the most forwardprojecting point on the front surface of the chin

10) A round-shaped mat upon which rounded discs called 'pogs' or 'kinos' are piled, in a game made popular in the mid 1990s.

11) Of or relating to the common weasel

12)A person being taught the basic principles of a subject; a neophyte.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:46 pm
Psst drom I hope things are okay with you.

Okay, hmm, lots of interesting stuff here. Gonna go with the process of elimination, so the craniometric stuff and the atoms are out. Hmm argh, close eyes and point!

0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 02:50 pm
I'll go with #4.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 03:08 pm
Oh, drom- I hope you're all right. I'll be thinking of you...and pogonion!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 03:21 pm
So the correct answer is one of the 12?
1, 3, 4 or 12 for me. or...
I'll go with #9.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 03:29 pm
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 03:51 pm
Just getting the bluffs onto this page. Still mulling...

1) A tree growing chiefly in the Phillipines

2) Dance: of the punk era. Bouncing to the downbeat.

3) A Polynesian food made from the roots of indigenous plants.

4) Jewellery worn on one's beard.

5) A super cool, electrically charged atom.

6) a theoretial Charged Particle which they hope to prove along with the Higgs Boson at CERN when their Super Collider is in operation.

7) A craniometric point showing off the Profile of the feline.

8) In ancient Epehsus, one of several young girls dedicated to Diana the huntress, who had to serve in her temple for 7 years, and could elect to have sexual relations with any of the worshippers for a substantial fee. Any child born of this union was educated at the temple's expense.

9) The craniometric point that is the most forwardprojecting point on the front surface of the chin

10) A round-shaped mat upon which rounded discs called 'pogs' or 'kinos' are piled, in a game made popular in the mid 1990s.

11) Of or relating to the common weasel

12)A person being taught the basic principles of a subject; a neophyte
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 05:04 pm
hehehehe

i just fooled myself Laughing

i'm going to have to read those again. it wouldn't pay to pick my own bluff.
0 Replies

Taffy Le Blanc

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 06:39 pm
guess what
After very much consideration ( I think somebody is trying to trick one here) I shall choose # 9

taffy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 07:18 pm
hmmmmm.....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 07:46 pm
I'm okay, everyone; thanks for your cocern... it's a long story, but my mother had one of her boyfriends come all the way to Warwick to shout abuse from outside and throw things at the windows, for a completely futile reason, I suppose. I phoned a friend after the boyfriend left, and she took me away. So, I'm staying with friends here in the hometown of the bard, trying not to wake them up from my hammering the keyboard at this hour.

0 Replies

firstthought

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 10:24 pm
???
firstthought goes for #7

ft
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 10:33 pm
I almost missed this round completely...sorry to hear that drom, but glad you are okay. I'm going with #9, and sorry I didn't bluff. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 11:55 pm
Drom, so glad you're alright and, by the way, pogonion me for being away for so long. Dys and I have bought a house in Albuquerque, with a closing in July. Busy, busy.

Felix picks #7. He should know since he is the one who posed for the noble feline profile.

I'm stuck wondering if two postings so nearly the same (7 & 9) mean they are both related to the real definition. If I don't get this right, Felix will score higher than I, as usual. Sob.

I'll go with instinct and vote for #9.
0 Replies