Clary

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:07 am
devriesj wrote:
Is it significant, Clary? By that I mean does it mean something? Forgive the ignorance, but I know nothing of anything Zoroastrian!

Why should you?!
My husband and I were in India (where most Zoroastrians live) for the first 3 years of our marriage, and also I knew a nice Rustom - so the combination of that and liking the name - we chose it. It means 'great hero' or something o the sort. The poem by Matthew Arnold 'Sohrab and Rustom/Rustum' tells a sad story but that's another story.
He likes it too, luckily!
0 Replies

Taffy Le Blanc

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:37 pm
Cat???
Little k, I am not a cat I am a Princess of the Top of the World a Tibetian Lhaso Apso Canine. My Mother Missy Jesabel is the Empress, my pop has gone to the Happy Hunting Ground The Coke fiend Had a heart murmur.
Then this is my brother Buddy and my older sister Honey Bunny (firstthought favorite) we are not on speaking terms.

Taffy Le Blanc. Cool Cool
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:39 pm
Ok - so I'm down there with the cats and dogs!
Doesn't make me feel any better!
0 Replies

Taffy Le Blanc

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:41 pm
ehBeth Well it looks as if Balderdash is morphing into something much more devious.
Good show, you did a Grand Job!!!

Taffy :wink:
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:41 pm
Possum looks discontented... he should have a bluff
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:42 pm
ooookay. I guess that doesn't make me feel much better as cats are a ever so slightly less gullible than dogs. Pardon my candor, princess.
0 Replies

firstthought

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:53 pm
Superb game ehBeth but I shall get my own back for these little digs
(but never against the wind)

ft Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 06:44 pm
Is taffy around?

<peers past corner>

psssssst. don't those ears look tuggable? Very Happy
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 06:58 pm
Clary!
Thanks for the Zoroastrian info. That is so interesting. What a life you've lived! I like your son's name. You have another, don't you? What's his name and is there a story there too?
p.s. I'm going to look up that poem - dev
0 Replies

Taffy Le Blanc

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:03 am
Cats & Dogs
littlek, so throw me a bone. On Second thoughts make it a chateaubriand.

taffy Laughing
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:28 am
To interrupt for a minute, we have eight definitions for the word POGONION.. (in case anyone missed the word on the first place.) I'll be sending PMs to the other regulars to tell them that there's another round and ask whether they're playing, and then after they've been replied to, we'll start.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 01:38 pm
Ten definitions and counting!

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 01:46 pm
Why hello Taffy, I have no chateaubriand, how about some prosciutto?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 04:05 pm
devriesj wrote:
Clary!
Thanks for the Zoroastrian info. That is so interesting. What a life you've lived! I like your son's name. You have another, don't you? What's his name and is there a story there too?
p.s. I'm going to look up that poem - dev

Thank you for your interest, dev! I have2 more boys, Bruno and Tamlin. If you goggle for Tamlin (ignoring the kitten website!) you will probably find his story - an old Scottish ballad.
And their second names are all Thinkers. My husband was very keen on political philosophy. So we have Alexis de Tocqueville, Rabindra (nath Tagore) and (Kang) Yuwei. Just in case that isn't enough, they each have a family name!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 04:11 pm
Wow, that is really fascinating! I did look up the 'Sohrab and Rustum' poem. An ancient middle-eastern story? It mentions Bahrain - I happen to have a close friend from there. Good, yet tragic story. Sounds like you put a lot of thought into those names!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 04:13 pm
Guess we were a bit playful too Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 05:33 am
I've never heard of Yuwei... but I remember sharing a student flat with a girl from Brugge who idolized Tocqueville!

11 definitions for Pogonion so far... the choices will be up tomorrow!

0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 05:35 am
Social reformer in China pre-Revolution. A gradualist.

Can't wait for Poggy Postings!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 05:39 am
Laughing! Poggy Postings sounds so unusual! And, yes, the pogonion definitions are quite unusual, but many of the definitions, including- perhaps- the real one, are related to one or two things.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 06:43 am
hmmmmmmmmm
0 Replies