jespah

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 08:02 am
Aw, drom, sorry to hear that, good to know you're okay.

<singing in fractured French>
Sur le pont pogonion
L'on y danse, l'on y danse
Sur le pont pogonion ...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 08:18 am
these are all great. i'm going with 10
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 10:11 am
Ah fellow gamesperson Onyxelle!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 10:45 am
4, 9, 12
4, 9, 12

i must go and mull on the karmic meanings
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:41 am
A big 'no problem!' to everyone who missed this round: for those who I failed to remind, I did so out of the combination of embarrassment and forgetfulness...

And Alberquerque, Diane? How absolutely wonderful! Have you planned this long? I'm so glad that you'll be together; and in such surroundings! You'll not only be in such a nice place; but it should be quicker to get to San Fransisco, if my poor knowledge of American highways is right! Your story together is one of the things that most endured me to A2K...

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:43 am
O; thank you for all your concern about that incident last night: I am fine; I try to let spitefulness not get to me; even when it is so close to me.

0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:51 am
Is it too late to guess?
If not, I pick 6.
Sorry to have missed submitting a bluff.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 01:19 pm
I'm one of the great uninspired!

9???
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 02:44 pm
Oops.... I missed this round too..... but I'll give a point to someone.....

I pick #5

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 03:22 pm
Okay, after much careful thought and consideration, ... I'm throwing the dart and hitting...
#9, #9, #9...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 03:44 pm
Drom, I thought Denver would be closer to SF than Albuquerque, but ABQ is a little closer. I'm impresses but not surprised--Europeans seem much better educated in geography than Yanks. My friends in New York can't conceive of distances any further west than the Hudson River. LOL
I'm so touched that you were drawn to a2k partly because of Dys and me. Thank you for making my day.
Right now, all I'm worrying about is making more points than Felix Noir. Sigh, my sights are set soooo low.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 06:44 pm
sigh.... not 9, nonono, couldn't be.... could it?

I'll go with 12.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:12 pm
#9, por favor.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:39 pm
Well, I still like my bluff best but I'm gonna have to pick one of the others.

4 9 12

make my guess part of the stampede to 9
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:41 am
I'm very glad that I made your day, Diane! Your story was very heartwarming; the way that you came together, I feel, is the way that it should be.

Is that everyone guessed, then? If so, I'll post the scores after this meeting that I have in Oxford today!

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 06:54 am
Will I take the silence as a yes?

0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:39 am
(silence)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:55 am
<crickets>
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 11:17 am
If I had known that everyone had finished, I would have posted this two days ago; apologies.

1) A tree growing chiefly in the Phillipines-- a bluff offered by Mac.

2) Dance: of the punk era. Bouncing to the downbeat.-- Ehbeth's offering.

3) A Polynesian food made from the roots of indigenous plants-- Dev's definition.

4) Jewellery worn on one's beard.-- Equus' bluff; chosen by Mac. (+1 to Equus)

5) A super cool, electrically charged atom.-- Littlek threw this bluff in, which Peace and Love chose. (+1 to Littlek)

6) The Pogon Ion is a theoretial Charged Particle which they hope to prove along with the Higgs Boson at CERN when their Super Collider is in operation.-- Firstthought's speculation; bet on by George. (+1 to Firstthought)

7) A craniometric point showing off the Profile of the feline.-- First Thought thought that Taffy's offering was the true one. (+1 Taffy)

8) In ancient Epehsus, one of several young girls dedicated to Diana the huntress, who had to serve in her temple for 7 years, and could elect to have sexual relations with any of the worshippers for a substantial fee. Any child born of this union was educated at the temple's expense.-- Clary's musing.

9) The craniometric point that is the most forwardprojecting point on the front surface of the chin.-- The true definition, comprehended by Ehbeth; Equus; Dev; Cav; Margo; Diane; Taffy; Realjohnboy. +2 to all the members of the Pogonion stampede Laughing

10) A round-shaped mat upon which rounded discs called 'pogs' or 'kinos' are piled in a game made popular in the mid 1990s. --My bluff, picked out by Clary and Onyx (+2 to me)

11) Of or relating to the common weasel. --Jespah's suggestion.

12) A person being taught the basic principles of a subject; a neophyte. --Realjohnboy put this one in, and Jespah & littlek fell for its charms. (+2 to RJB)

Thanks for playing, everyone; the next time, I will try to make my word less obvious!

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 11:19 am
A summary of gained points:

Ehbeth --4
RJB-- 4
Taffy-- 4

Equus -- 3

Cav-- 2
Dev-- 2
Diane-- 2
Drom-- 2