ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:38 pm
Yedda

1. Any of the subdivisions of the Avesta, the holy scripture of the Zoroastrians. on offer from Equus - selected by Clary (+1 for Equus)

2. A Jewish cheese. margo fermented this bluff.

3. A brief loincloth worn by men of the Lango tribe of the upper Nile. Clary put this one into play - desired by Peace and Love (+1 for Clary)

4. Beautiful girl. devriesj thought this might catch an eye or two - appreciated by cavfancier, drom et reve, and first thought (+3 for devriesj)

5. A mysterious snow creature of humanoid stature and Jewish persuasion. Littlek's offering - chased by Taffy (+1 for littlek)

6. A lengthy blessing rite that takes place in a Zoroastrian church. offered to us by drom et reve

7. A light-weight, coarsely-woven braid, mostly woven by machinery. the real definition - sussed out by mac11, onyxelle and devriesj (+ 2 for mac11, onyxelle and devriesj)

8. Exclamation of annoyance (yiddish). Derived from "You there!" my bluff

9. Yoda's dumber cousin, who never mastered the force. cavfancier's bluff

10. A sash worn to indicate a warrior's position in the rank. Peace and Love prepared this noble bluff - Jespah and littlek were intrigued by this one. (+2 for Peace and Love)

11. The Name of one of Cloepatra's cats. Taffy La Blanc thought we might go for this bit of fluff :wink:

12. Moorish architectural style marked by ornate geometric designs, arches, and tiles. George had a stylish offering - fancied by Equus (+1 for George)

13. Yogi Bear's little sister. firstthought had a specific beautiful girl for us to think about.

14. Jedi equivalent of "Gilligan." Young Yedda often accidentally bungle things up, and serve as unwitting comic relief at Jedi Parties. scoates offered us this bluff.

15. A tropical plant. mac11 groomed this one - appreciated by George and hiama (+2 for mac11)

16. A Japanese tea garden plant with delicate white and purple flowers. Jespah's very elegant creation - margo took a liking to this one. (+1 for jespah)
(now i zoom back to the beginning of the thread to figure out some more of the scoring - and phooey - if i'd got any points this round they woulda been doubled, cuz i had 13 Evil or Very Mad )

The next post will include the source for the definition, and then I'll crunch some more numbers.

edited for easier reading
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:42 pm
Quote:

Vintage Sewing Main Page > 1920's > New-Way Course in Millinery and Hat Design

I had a little trouble deciding if mac11's bluff was close enough to rate extra scoring - is a tropical plant the same as an Italian braid?

uhoh

I have to go up and fix something in the post above.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:43 pm
Well, at least I could fool a cat.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:58 pm
firstthought 9

ehBeth 13

devriesj 7 + 3 + 2 = 12

Equus 3 + 1 = 4
Individual 3

Ceili 2
Diane 2
fealola 2
hiama 2

Clary 6 + 1 = 7
Jose Cuervo 1
littlek 1 + 1 = 2
Peace & Love 2 + 2 = 4

Felix Noir 0
jespah 0 + 1 = 1
mac11 0 + 2 + 2 = 4
margo 0
Taffy La Blanc 0

George 4 + 1 = 5
cavfancier 1
onyxelle + 2 = 2

and now I'll try to re-sort them into point order

(oy! who knew you needed an accounting degree to do this manually?)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 07:06 pm
ehBeth 13

devriesj 12

firstthought 9

Clary 7

George 5

Equus 4
Peace & Love 4
mac11 4

Individual 3

Ceili 2
Diane 2
fealola 2
hiama 2
littlek 2
onyxelle 2

Jose Cuervo 1
jespah 1
cavfancier 1

Felix Noir 0
margo 0
Taffy La Blanc 0

I think I deserve a cookie now!

and what's the next word?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 07:13 pm
Have a dozen cookies! - my specialty, Chocolate chip (absolutley NO calories! :wink: ) You ROCK, Beth!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:02 pm
Good wrapping up Beth, no more loose ends here!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:46 pm
Yay Bethie! Good job! Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:45 am
Well done! And good one, Clary! if you have any questions about your new OS, feel free to ask.

OK... I have one, if that's all right:

Pogonion

0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:48 am
Beautifully conceived and executed, ehBeth, we stand open mouthed in awe....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:49 am
Jeez - I'm scoring right down there with the cats!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:50 am
Ah, this could be your round, Margo!

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 02:22 pm
Oy, drom, that's an interesting one. Shocked
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 02:39 pm
Drom- we both though Zoroastrians. Great minds bluff alike.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 02:53 pm
Yes, that was amazing, and I for one was taken in.. even though I have lived in a Zoroastrian house and my son has a Zoroastrian name... !
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:05 pm
Really? How interesting. What is your son's name? (don't you dare say "pogonion")
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:08 pm
Rustom
I don't think pogonion is at all Zoroastrian!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 04:11 pm
Is it significant, Clary? By that I mean does it mean something? Forgive the ignorance, but I know nothing of anything Zoroastrian!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:26 pm
one bluff forwarded to the dasher.

Thanks, drom.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 01:54 am
I thought that that was weird too, Equus; but there was something about that word that seemed as if it needed to be called Zoroastrian.... imagine having a son called 'Pogonion?' (No offence to the numerous Pogonions, or Pogonioni, out there.) Almost as bad as the barman we had once, when my mother ran oubs. He renamed himself (through Deed poll,) Mike Stone Cold... he was, before, called Kevin Keegan. I met someone called Mao Trotsky beofre, too.

Pogonion might well be Zoroastrian, when one considers how thinly spread they are around the world. And, then again, it may have nothing to do with them at all.

Anyway; we have 6 bluffs in, including mine and that real definition! So.. happy Dashing!

0 Replies