LarryBS

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 08:10 pm
0 Replies

Cheshire

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 08:25 pm
Of course it's number 13, which else would it be? You other guys, you humans, you should take the lead of the main cat........whoever that is
hehehehehehehehehe

Mr. Green
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 09:39 pm
Hi Cheshire....

come on over here and let me scratch you behind the ears.

what a huge big grin you have!

....love your avatar!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Cheshire

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 11:39 pm
oooooouuuuu, ahhhhhh, that's very nice P&L........ooouuuu.....I love humans who do that to me. Thank you for that little snuggle.

Now, my human, Lola has asked me to tell everybody here that she has made a very important decision. She has some VERY important reports due by next Monday.....and she finds that she keeps playing here and not doing her work. She CANNOT do this anymore! So she's decided to not come back to a2k until her work is completed. So look for her next Monday or so........and if you see her around here before her work is done. Tell her to GO AWAY and come back when she's done what she is supposed to do. Thnaks.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 11:40 pm
Yeah!!!!! See you all soon.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 04:08 am
Seven for me.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 06:00 pm
The THRIP round is over...

Macsm11, Equus and Lola voted for #4 Lobster Bait. Good choice but WRONG. Peace and Love posted that bogus answer.

Jespah, Littek and Diane thought #14 involving mechanical piping made sense. WRONG. Sozobe offered that ruse.

Diane fooled Dlowan with #7 about a corn insect.
Equus caught LarryBS on the #9 movie film thing.
Lola tricked Peace and Love with #11 re jellyfish
and
LarryBS caught Sozobe with #15 involving wood moulding.

If anyone is keeping score, Sozobe and Peace & Love are the winners on this round, scoring 3 points each. Diane, Equus, Lola and LarryBS score one each.

And, oh yes, realjohnboy gets 2 points for posting THRIP, a word that no one chose as the correct answer. The real answer was #1:
TO SNAP ONE'S FINGERS.

Thanks for your participation. -rjb-
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 06:13 pm
OhMyGosh... Lola and I picked each other's definitions last time, too!!!

Great Minds Think Alike!!!

Congratulations, realjohnboy, on choosing a word that fooled everyone!!!

:-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 06:55 pm
wow, that was fun!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 07:04 pm
Then just what the smeg is a rose thrip, which we have plenty of over here?

"Thrip: any of numerous small insects of the order Thysanoptera, charqcterized by long, narrow wings fringed with hairs , many species of which are destructive to plants."

But I shall go down with grace....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 07:09 pm
Shocked Embarrassed

...as it were....

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 07:16 pm
Oh what the hell, bunny, go ahead and pout, you have very good reason, or something that passes for reason, whatever that might be, but I digress.....

RJB, congratulations!! Not many dashers can fool all the players.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:09 am
Excellent, rjb! Now, who wants to be the next dasher?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2003 09:42 am
I volunteer.

the word is...............J A R K
0 Replies

Taffy Le Blanc

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 08:12 pm
I had this urge to visit with my friends Felix Noir and Cheshire, more like a vision (Snow White). I brought along my chef that fellow firstthought. I see a few of the rules have been slightly modified in this version of Balderdash! So when is the new word coming up?

taffy. :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 08:20 pm
Taffy <pat, pat>, the word is Jark, which we in New England pronounce as "Jahk".
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:33 am
Have definitions so far from
Lola
Cheshire
Macsm11
Diane
Felix Noir
zyzzygogue
firstthought
taffy
Jespah

need a few more...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:14 pm
I'm trying to sort out the scoring from the THRIP round. It seems that THRIP can mean to snap one's fingers and a type of insect that does damage to plants.

In light of that, I think that the writers of both insect definitions as well as dlowan should get some points. Realjohnboy told us that Diane wrote #7 (the one dlowan voted for), but I don't know who wrote #10. (See page 17 for the thrip definitions.) Will the writer please speak up? Or do you still have your notes, realjohnboy?

I thought we should get this settled before we have votes for JARK.

Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 07:14 pm
JARK: Anyone who volunteers to be Dasher in these contentious times.
We've never bothered keeping score before; the fun was in the playing. But I had a couple of pm's from potential new players and Equus seems to have had bluffs from newcomers. Perhaps some of them, along with some of the regulars, are interested in the point totals.
We should try to accommodate that competitive spirit.
The problem I have is with how rapidly language evolves; how many new words come into our vocabulary.
The Dasher picks a word from the Balderdash deck or from some Google-site, only to discover, to his/her chagrin, that the word might have a totally different meaning somewhere else in the world.
The solution might be for the Dasher to choose only polysyllabic words. No more thrip, carfax or jark.
Anyway, if y'all would like me to re-score the thrip round, I can probably do so. -rjb-
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 07:41 pm
Seems fair to me to re-score thrip and give those players the points. And I like having the score kept track of, its fun.
0 Replies