mac11

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:48 pm
Sorry, I don't mean to be contentious, rjb - just seems right to give credit where it's due. We did keep a running score going when we played Balderdash on Abuzz, re-starting the game now and then so's to keep things somewhat fair... Very Happy

I'll be happy to post the scoring, if you'd like, after we hear who wrote #10 from the thrip round. Lola's our creator, perhaps we should wait to hear her thoughts when she's back from her busy work schedule. (Maybe tomorrow?)
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 02:39 pm
Just joined in with my JARK contribution
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 05:34 pm
Hi...Amazingly I do still have my notes from the THRIP round. I was told this morning that if I didn't clean up the computer desk area, "someone else" would do it for me. Sounds pretty good but I have learned over the years that that is not a good option.
As originally scored, Sozobe and P&L each had 3 points; rjb had 2; and Diane, Equus, LarryBS and Lola each had 1.
If the decision is made to re-score the round, Diane (who posted #7) and Dlowan (#10), would each gain 3 points for posting a/the
correct answer. Rjb, the Dasher, would lose his 2 points for posting a word for which no one submitted a correct answer.
Finally, and this should make your eyes glaze over, under the original scoring, Diane got a point for fooling Dlowan. But if both Diane's answer and Dlowan's answer are correct, then Diane can't collect a point from Dlowan for voting for a correct answer (I'm sure I haven't explained that well). -rjb-

So, if this is what y'all want to do, according to my calculations,
Sozobe, P&L, Diane and Dlowan have 3 points each; Equus, Lola and Larry BS have 1 each and beat-up rjb has zip.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 08:55 pm
First of all, HELLO hiama! Glad to have you here!

Laughing rjb - I have opened quite the can of worms, and I'm sorry about that. Seriously, let's see what Lola thinks before any decisions get made. Maybe we should just forget I brought up the insect thing...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 09:51 pm
This is you creator speaking............

Heck if I know. It's all very complicated. How about if we give everyone their points (including RJB for "fooling" everybody), except for of course for Diane's extra point for "fooling" dlowan because we now all know how indeed dlowan was "fooled." Does that sound right to all? I hope so. If not, maybe we should ask Belzebub for a ruling.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 07:36 am
Yes, I thought you'd like being referred to as the "creator", Lola!

I agree about giving everyone points! Has your workload eased up, Lola? Do you want me to sort out the scores?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:02 am
!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!
24-hour warning on bluffs for JARK.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:11 am
I'm still working, finishing up, but still not free. Thanks, macsm, if you would, please do add the score card. Actually, I think it's a good policy for updating the score to be the dasher's job. What do you all think?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 11:42 am
That's probably wise to make it the dasher's job. But I can't remember what gets 1 point, 2 points or more? Remind me? I must be a real jark for not remembering.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:53 pm
Equus, I think the scoring rules are on page 1. I think (haven't checked, which makes me a jark, or perhaps a thrip, but never a carfax).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 03:59 pm
Macsm. Please check my math on the revised scoring. How many rounds back do you intend to go to get the current scores?
While it should perhaps be the Dasher's job to update the scores after each round, it might be easier if we had a regular player volunteer for the job. With pencil and paper (remember those?), it should be pretty easy.
Finally, according to my computer we are now up to page 21 and as jespah just noted the rules are way back on page 1. I'm not sure how the logistics would work but it seems to me we should periodically start with a fresh screen. New players might be scared off thinking that there was something of significance in the intervening 20 pages. -rjb-
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 04:18 pm
Well, I can always delete stuff, but I'm afraid I'd delete brilliance.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:53 pm
Yes indeedy, the rules are posted on the first page of this very thread. And the last score card is posted on page 5, I believe. Just call me a..................dirty rotten rixatrix.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 07:59 pm
I posted scores after the POOKS round on page 10.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:18 pm
Good, macsm, that moves us further along. How are we coming on JARK, Equus?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:24 pm
I'll bite, Lola, what's a rixatrix? Laughing

Here are the scores as have been discussed. The first number is the player's score after the POOKS round, the second number is the score for the THRIP round, followed by the total. If there's only one number, that player started with THRIP, or didn't play the THRIP round. Please speak up if you see an error or have an objection:

Biblio--------------5
dlowan--2 + 3 = 5
Diane----2 + 3 = 5
mac------5 + 0 = 5
P&L------2 + 3 = 5

chatoyant--4 +0 = 4
Equus------3 + 1 = 4
Lola---------3 + 1 = 4
sozobe-----1 + 3 = 4

realjohnboy--1 + 2 = 3

Craven-----------2
jespah--2 + 0 = 2

Cheshire----------1 (added to list - see posts below)
Felix-----0 + 1 = 1 (added one point - see posts below0
LarryBS-----------1

Swimpy--0 + 0 = 0

Before you throw out those notes, realjohnboy, did anyone else submit a definition who I didn't list? Even if a player didn't score any points, I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out...
0 Replies

Cheshire

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 11:00 pm
Uhhhh ohhhh.......macsm, you forgot l'tle ole me, Cheshire. And I do believe, I may be wrong, but it's highly unlikely, me bein Cheshire the Cat and all, that Felix and I exchanged definitions, as we so often do. So I do believe we should each have at least 1 point. I do so hope I'm right. I hate to be a zero for one minute longer than I have to be.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 11:10 pm
I'm sorry, Cheshire! Shocked Confused Realjohnboy didn't mention you two - and I didn't re-read the votes. Swimpy will be very lonely; maybe some will join him in the JARK round.

I'll edit the scorecard posting.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 10:53 am
J A R K:

1. A Scandinavian fish similar to turbot found in deep water mainly in the fjords of Norway.

2. One who rides a donkey.

3. An exquisite diamond feline collar.

4. The bolt on the winch used to raise the sails on a sailboat.

5. A pile of earth left after an excavation.

6. An obsolete word meaning neckerchief.

7. A courageous woman.

8. A U-shaped support for holding ships in place during construction or drydock.

9. The seal or insignia on a counterfeit document.

10. Colonial term for carving mortise and tenon joints.

11. A jerk in Arkansas.

12. Hardened reptile dung.

13. An old bag.

14. A cat that lives down the alley who is a complete slob.

15. An involuntary movement by a comatose patient.

16. A fine chain mail jacket.

17. A derogatory cat term for dogs. In feline circles, it is used to describe only the most offensive, aggressive dogs.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 10:58 am
I'm very fond of #13, but I'm going for #8. Great definitions!
0 Replies