COUP IN KYIV?

Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You'll pardon my seemingly technical faux pas. Putin is still the de facto leader of Russian Federation and helped put the puppet Medvedev into power.
" Medvedev was appointed Prime Minister by Putin, who won the 2012 presidential election. On 26 May 2012 he also was appointed officially as the Leader of United Russia Party."

Such nitpicking begs the point. Putin was the head of the KGB. This exercise of semantics is intellectually dishonest.
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:43 am
@Ragman,
Ragman: How can you logically think or opine that American conservatives would align in any way, shape or form with the former head of the KGB and current head of the gov't of Russia.
-------

The USA will align with anyone, most often the most evil in keeping with their policies of war crimes and terrorism. Just consider all the brutal dictators that are the usa's best friends.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:45 am
@Ragman,
Whether it makes sense or not, neoconservatives have latched onto him in these last few conflicts in which Russia was in any way involved. Buchanan called him a paleo-conservative and Drudge said he was the leader of the free world.

here is source for quotes

Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:49 am
@revelette2,
So if Drudge and Buchanan said such drivel, it must be true? You can't see a scenario where stating such distortions would serve their political agenda and purpose?

By the way, neo-conservatives and (let's rip off their clothing) Tea-baggers, are not in touch with effective political power as well as reality, at hand. Their movement and effectiveness at steering this country is and has been losing ground by the second.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:51 am
@Ragman,
Gunga also adores him.

Surely this must convince you.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:52 am
@Ragman,
I have just noticed a trend, if I am wrong, I am wrong.
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:55 am
@revelette2,
I'm often wrong... and much of the general public is wrong. Wrong is a condition that is easy to forgive and understand. Misguided and naïve is a far different matter and can be corrected. Media promotes the sensationalizing of such political trends and public's following of them is a path of imminent destruction.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:58 am
@revelette2,
If it's anything like the same thing I've noticed, it seems to be that a certain group of likeminded Americans are appearing to almost hero worship him, but I don't think it's for his political leanings.
The way I read it, they long for the same machismo in their President, and wish that they could also have a leader who goes barechest hunting, and being all tough with terrorists/opponents/migrants etc.

These people also probably have a village people costume in their closet, and avidly follow that bounty hunter guy on TV....woof, is it?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:05 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Putin was the head of the KGB.
Well, so Obama is the head of the NSA, Queen Elisabeth II of the GCHQ ...
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Such a comparison is odious. This parallel is a non-sequitur.

Keith B. Alexander, is the current director of the National Security Agency. Obama is simply the Prez in his role just receives security updates and 'presides'. Why more intellectual dishonesty?
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:10 am
@Ragman,
Ragman: Wrong is a condition that is easy to forgive and understand.

Not when it's willful ignorance that continues to allow USA and UK governments to slaughter millions with their war crimes. Then it is deeply amoral behavior, right, Lordy?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:12 am
@Ragman,
Walter should have noted that Obama is the head of the CIA, a massive terrorist organization. But Walter is a bootlicker.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:14 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Such a comparison is odious. This parallel is non-sequitur.
Why??? Putin has never been "Chairman of the KGB" - he "headed" it as president.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, Queeny spends most of the day down at GCHQ, listening in to her subjects and seing how much they all adore her.

Wasn't Putin Merkel's direct boss for a while, back when she worked for the STASI?

I bet she knows more tricks than Obama, Cameron and the devious Queen all lumped together.
Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
More semantic and nitpicking which begs the point.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:18 am
http://hat4uk.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/merkelostenpt.jpg?w=300&h=168
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:19 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Whether it makes sense or not, neoconservatives have latched onto him
in these last few conflicts in which Russia was in any way involved.
Buchanan called him a paleo-conservative and Drudge said he was the leader of the free world.
In order for Putin to be a paleo-conservative (relative to the US Constitution),
he 'd need to be AN INDIVIDUALIST, not a collectivist.

In order for Putin to be a paleo-conservative (relative to the US Constitution),
he 'd need to be A LIBERTARIAN, not an authoritarian.

Those are the indicative and dispositive criteria
qua orthodoxy relative to the US Constitution.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:20 am
@Lordyaswas,
No, laughs, its Dog the Bounty Hunter.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4s7kwEUdL-Ia1BA-S-iisra0azvLc-Dbgd8CDT9nxOIAukXXZEA
My husband is not really political, so I doubt he likes Putin or even knows who he is, but he does like that show, along with storage wars, Pawn shop... me, I am addicted to ID. But don't mean to interrupt the seriousness of the thread with inanities as JTT calls it.
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:20 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy: I bet she knows more tricks than Obama, Cameron and the devious Queen all lumped together.
----------

Do you think she knows about the UK's role in the Indonesian genocide, L? Or the war crimes of Iraq, Afghanistan , ... ?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
"On 25 July 1998, Yeltsin appointed Vladimir Putin head of the FSB (one of the successor agencies to the KGB), the position Putin occupied until August 1999."