John Kerry, Senior American Diplomat, Rapes the English Language

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 02:41 am
Quote:
"Think about the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. It doesn't keep us safe if the United States secures its nuclear arsenal while other countries fail to prevent theirs from falling into the hands of terrorists," he said.

"The bottom line is this: it is the same thing with climate change. In a sense, climate change can now be considered another weapon of mass destruction, perhaps even the world's most fearsome weapon of mass destruction."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/deep-freeze/kerry-calls-climate-change-weapon-mass-destruction-n31686

Ya, if we totally redefine the word "weapon", perhaps.

No wonder America is ignored far and wide, these guys and gals who represent us are talking gibberish.

Peter Frouman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 04:16 am
@hawkeye10,
It's hardly accurate to describe Kerry's statements as a rape of the English language.

When it comes to raping the English language, George W. Bush set the bar pretty high:

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 08:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Actually if climate change and it entails is real, then Kerry has a point.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
yeh but "rapes the English language..."?, cmon Hawkee, I told you a million times to quit your exaggeration .
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

yeh but "rapes the English language..."?, cmon Hawkee, I told you a million times to quit your exaggeration .

What exaggeration? Have you noticed the word rape used in a sentence lately? I am just going with the flow of the new usage
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Im sorry, I guess I didn't get the memo about "rape's new usage". Who sent it JTT?
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:39 pm
@farmerman,
I don't think any reasonable people deny that warming is a real thing globally. The actual disagreement is about its primary causes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
If you don't mind, I will continue to believe 'weapons of mass destruction' are chemical, biological, and radiological weapons. To include diesel exhaust and slingshots capable of throwing more than one pebble cheapens the expression. Buy into this and we'll need a new phrase to describe the above, and when we find it, some half baked politico will just have to see how much we can expand on it to forward their pet agenda.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:51 pm
@roger,
I prefer the sling shot.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:54 pm
@roger,
Believe whatever you want, roger the dodger, but clearly that is far out of the purview of a dolt like you.

And Farmerman.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:57 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
dolt like you.

Stop haunting me! I stopped following you for a reason.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:45 am
@roger,
Quote:
To include diesel exhaust and slingshots capable of throwing more than one pebble cheapens the expression.

Cheapening words is a standard tactic of the societal manipulators ( I am tempted to call them sadists) . Our societal communication is God awful, but does America suck because our communication sucks or does our communication suck because Americans suck?

Just look at A2K or listen to most journalists or any politician.........heart breaking I say, how our we supposed to maintain any hope with this BS going on??
anonymously99

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:59 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Just look at A2K or listen to most journalists or any politician.........heart breaking I say, how our we supposed to maintain any hope with this BS going on??

Please. Verify. The BS you are referring to. I'm anxious to know. Shocked
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:06 am
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Please. Verify. The BS you are referring to. I'm anxious to know.

willful abuse and destruction of the English language in the pursuit of a sadistic need to control other peoples behavior.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:30 am
@hawkeye10,
I think I'm confused again love. Please forgive me.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:15 am
@anonymously99,
My restaurant has been super busy lately, so I dont have time to sort you out.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:35 am
@hawkeye10,
You act like I was ******* serious.

WOW.

Get a ******* grip.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:40 am
@anonymously99,
Sue me.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 03:19 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't know who you are.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 03:28 am
@hawkeye10,
Decoy, ay?

Quote:
Sue me.

Why the hell would I sue you?, I want nothing you ******* love hating psycho. Are you offended again? Apologies. I'll always love you. Maturity. Comes with time. And patience. Devil worshiper. No wonder you don't know true, sincere, deep love.

I love, more than you. Probably why you will always despise me.