Don't understand homosexuality

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:13 am
Ok so.... Really big question... But first.

Here's how I see the general journey of life involving spirituality. First, you find yourself and your church. Once you have developed in your spirituality that you feel comfortable, you find someone you can share your beliefs with, and grow together. And THEN! To ensure your legacy lives on in the flesh after you, you reproduce and teach what you learned. So it's a cycle that continues.

I don't have any qualms with homosexuals. I believe that they are just as capable of a relationship with god as anybody else. And nor is it my place to pass any judgement.

But if everyone turned homosexual over night, the human race would be extinct in less than 100 years... The death of humanity... So I know this is completely hypothetical and would never occur... But doesn't this show that reproduction is a necessary step in the spiritual walk?

This big blow up about the homosexual athlete in the nfl has just got me thinking... He has every right to continue his career as if nothing was different and make his money. And he has more than every right to have a relationship with god...

But then I remember the thought of homosexuality only leading to no more people... I'm just really confused where it all fits.. I've had quite a few gay friends, and I don't love them any less than my heterosexual friends... It's none of my business...

But I still don't get it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 3,191 • Replies: 22

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:42 am
@Righteouswalk770,
Here is where your trouble starts.

Quote:
But if everyone turned homosexual over night,

Homosexuality is not a light switch that people turn on or off.

The second spot of trouble for you is your idea that heterosexual s will lose their ability to spawn children if homosexuals are around.

The third spot of trouble for you is not realizing that homosexuality and same sex relations have occurred for thousands of years. It is not a new fad. The human race has managed to keep up with their spawning duties thus far. Why would that change now?
0 Replies

Peter Frouman

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 04:31 am
@Righteouswalk770,
Righteouswalk770 wrote:

But if everyone turned homosexual over night, the human race would be extinct in less than 100 years...

But then I remember the thought of homosexuality only leading to no more people...

It's certainly obvious that you don't understand homosexuality as you incorrectly assume all homosexuals are infertile. In fact, most homosexuals are fertile and human knowledge and technology (e.g. the invention of the turkey baster) has sufficiently advanced so that successful reproduction can easily be achieved without heterosexual sex.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 07:03 am
You don't have to understand homosexuality, if your mind won't grasp it. What you really need is a live and let live attitude. Practically guaranteed, if you don't go looking for trouble with homosexuals they will leave you totally alone.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:21 am
Google "gay parent" or "lesbian parents".
0 Replies

Righteouswalk770

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:53 pm
Ok every response is an attack on my ignorance. I understand that I sound like a biggot. Really. I get it. You know what. Nevermind.

I really wanted some intellectual conversation here. I know about homosexual relationships and sperm donors and surrogate mothers. I ******* GET IT.

I simply wanted to know the homosexuals place in a religion where it's stated that homosexual behavior is sinful. Maybe that only means when it's strictly sexual and not out of love- so true loving homosexuals don't count...??

But it's a similar question to "what is the place of the Caucasian rastafari? Bc rastafari is mostly an African culture thing having to do with oppression of the white man, or Babylon. But if a caucasion claims rastafari- how is he to explain himself to his African bredren??

So back to my question. I'm not trying to be an asshole- I just want to understand better.

Blessings
Righteouswalk770

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 05:54 pm
Jesus I don't understand why people get so snappy and I'll tempered. This is a public Internet forum for a reason....
jespah

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:14 pm
@Righteouswalk770,
You seem to be the only one getting snippy.

What is the place of homosexuals in religion? Unfortunately, a lot of religions aren't so kind when it comes to them. And that's sad, really, when you think about it. I speak as a religious person, BTW, and I find it appalling what some people will say and do in the name of God. I like to think we can rise above our differences and be good to each other.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:17 pm
@Righteouswalk770,
Righteouswalk770 wrote:
But doesn't this show that reproduction is a necessary step in the spiritual walk?

I don't think so.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:55 pm
Religion that targets groups undeserving of such attention need changing, not the groups of people.
0 Replies

Righteouswalk770

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:05 pm
This discussion would've gone over completely different if I said I was gay and seeking spiritual advice bc I think my behavior is sinful. Maybe I really am and just afraid to come out bc fear of hell. But it doesn't matter now.
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:16 pm
@Righteouswalk770,
Righteouswalk770 wrote:

I simply wanted to know the homosexuals place in a religion where it's stated that homosexual behavior is sinful. Maybe that only means when it's strictly sexual and not out of love- so true loving homosexuals don't count...??

In fact, in your initial post you asked nothing like the above. Then you seemed to get very defensive when others couldn't read your mind.

In any event, if you are asking what a homosexuals place is in a religion where it's stated that behavor is sinful.....well, it would seem they wouldn't have a place in that particular religion.

Fortunately there's more than 4000 religions in the world to pick from.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:32 pm
@Righteouswalk770,
Your biggest problem is that you begin this thread with wrong assumptions, and end it with an admission that sounds bogus.

Why? Because if you're a homosexual, you would understand that sex is not something you "switch" from one to the other.

It's a natural phenomenon with mostly all animals. Some people are born with the wrong sexual genitals, and switch to become what they believe is their true sex.

All humans need respect and dignity, not bigoted ideas.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:44 pm
@Righteouswalk770,
You're assuming.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 11:39 pm
A good movie that treats the subject of homosexual adherents to intolerant religions is Trembling Before G-d. It's about homosexual Orthodox Jews.
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 11:53 pm
@Righteouswalk770,
So to summarise your position, you state that you might be a fairy that believes in fairies but doesn't understand how other fairies can belong to fairy believing enclaves who can't countenance fairy members.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 03:25 am
@Righteouswalk770,
You don't have to get anything. I don't get trainspotting. Why would anyone want to spend days on end stuck in a railway siding jotting down serial numbers of engines that all look the same? If we all did that then nobody would ever have sex ever again.

Overpopulation is a global problem, if people are having less or no children that has to be a good thing.

All you have to do is respect gay, (and trainspotter's) rights.
BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 05:03 pm
@Righteouswalk770,
Quote:
Maybe I really am and just afraid to come out bc fear of hell. But it doesn't matter now.

All the interesting people ever born will be the ones likely in hell so ending up there might be far more fun and interesting then then a boring Christian heaven.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 05:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why would anyone want to spend days on end stuck in a railway siding jotting down serial numbers of engines that all look the same?

No one ever sit on a siding taking engines numbers down in the history of railroads now the freight cars are another matter.

Before electronic the job of walking a mile long line of freight cars in falling snow at night with a temperate of 0 degree F or for you that would be -18 C taking down a hundred plus numbers was a "joy".

You needed to keep five or more pens next to your body heat as the pens ink would freeze and a cigarette lighter fluid power hand warmer to allow you to write and not have your hand freeze while doing so.

0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:22 am
@Righteouswalk770,
Quote:
I simply wanted to know the homosexuals place in a religion where it's stated that homosexual behavior is sinful.

Remember the part about people selecting their church. Is no church acceptable? And the sinful part is a matter so opinion. IMHO

You problem is one of context.
0 Replies