When the polls are negative on Trump, it's fake news

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2018 09:00 pm
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

5:01 AM - Feb 6, 2017

This guy is a moron. Trump believes most of the news media are fake news, because they dare to report negative poll reports on Trump.
Trump is a bigot, liar, womanizer (cheated on his wives), grabs women by the you-know-what, and scammed people (Trump university). Border security is not what the people care about. It's his lies, bigotry, cheating, scamming, and a whole load of other things connected to Trump.

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/20/donald-trump-is-a-racist-a-bigot-and-a-boor-but-un-american-hardly/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,626 • Replies: 14
No top replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2018 05:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Most people who have been interviewed said they didn't vote for a choir boy. They wanted a change in how the government worked. He's proven to be a success at constant change. He's revolutionized how news has been interpreted and ya gotta admit, he's a big fan of Twitter.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike how he gets things done. Nor did I vote for him. However, there IS a large population that DO want Border Security. I want extreme vetting, more infrastructure spending and realistic gun control.

I've found discussing the Presidency is nearly impossible given his base just doesn't care that he lies. And gets caught. And is stupid. They. Just. Don't. Care.

How can we fix that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2018 06:08 pm
@neptuneblue,
We fix it by voting him out ASAP. We must grin and bear it for the next three years, and hope he doesn't destroy our country and/or the world. He's ignorant enough to do it, and the congress useless. There's everything wrong with his tariffs, and the republican congress followed along to humor this ignoramus.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/03/peter-navarro-says-trumps-trade-policies-are-good-for-the-market-but-economists-arent-buying-it.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cstory%7C&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo
I'm not buying too! It's simple: tariffs only starts trade wars, and everybody ends up paying more for everything. A simpleton like Trump doesn't understand simple economics or common sense.
Look what his tariffs did to the stock market for the past few days. It's scary to have a dunce in the white house who makes stupid decisions without understanding the consequences.
It's a good thing some judges overturned his ban on Muslims to enter this country. It proves once again that Trump is a bigot without any understanding of our Constitution. It still angers me to think Trump pushed the birther issue for five years against Obama only because of his race, and not because of his abilities. Racist pig: his followers too!
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2018 06:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Don't underestimate his power. With a single tweet, he can cause the stock market to crash or to make millionaires out of a single stockholder. Unfortunately, we're the ones who lose out.

I've been rather impatient and I hope the mid term elections bring sanity back into Congress. We, as voters, need to let our representatives know how dissatisfied we are with their performance.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:06 pm
@neptuneblue,
I believe your wish may come true in the next election cycle. Many politicians are finding Trump is poison. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/has-donald-trump-become-the-gops-poison-pill_us_5a05a164e4b0ee8ec3694099
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2018 09:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Almost all politicians find President Trump poisonous. They're struggling to keep their jobs and their sanity. The best thing they can do is not call attention to themselves by disagreeing with a man in power who will railroad them into the ground.

The ones dissenting are the ones with nothing else to lose. All that means to us is that no progress will actually be made, only the status quo will be maintained. If they have an agenda, it's unpopulous and therefore not winnable. Elected officials will not take that chance. We see that in droves of Republicans not seeking re-election. Democrats have to walk a fine line to stay on the Tea Party's good graces or they will face insurmountable odds of even getting a nomination, let alone a support base.

Neither party actually has a platform worth voting for on issues. It's either support Trump or Not. Right now, the Prez has a fair amount of base, it's whether he can increase voter confidence to get a re-nomination. Challengers such as Kasich need to keep pressure to allow the remaining Republicans to return to how the party should be functioning.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2018 11:01 am
@neptuneblue,
The president's base is in the mid-thirties. I doubt that's enough to win future elections. I believe most of his base is composed of racial bigots and white supremacists. There's no other reason to support Trump whose ignorance is a danger to our country. His ban on Muslims, and his tariff on steel and aluminum shows how ignorant he is. He's dangerous! It's a good thing congress and the generals can keep him in check. Trump is even trying to become Putin to destroy our democracy.
najmelliw

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2018 10:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
It all depends on what sort of person runs against him: it'll be surprising what sort of things people can swallow if they deem the alternative to be worse...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2018 07:09 pm
@najmelliw,
I believe the majority of voters had their fill of Donald Trump’s ignorance and incompetence. That’s the only reason his approval rating is the lowest in history.
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-approval-rating-least-popular-president-history-840583
najmelliw

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2018 02:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I can only hope you are right, but I'm not about to second guess the results come voting time... I would be amazed if Trump was re-elected, but then again, I was already amazed he was elected in the first place.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:33 am
@najmelliw,
It seems that when the president's approval rating is low, it also affects other state and local elections. There's a reason why Paul Ryan called it quits. He sees the black clouds against his party.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 01:21 pm
It's too bad that people who would otherwise vote Democrat don't vote.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 02:43 pm
@InfraBlue,
Not a good trend.
CBS This Morning
By EMILY SCHULTHEIS CBS NEWS February 29, 2016, 6:17 AM
What do the turnout numbers say about the 2016 race?
After the first four voting contests of 2016, a clear trend is showing up in the numbers: compared with 2008, Democratic turnout is down, while Republicans are hitting record turnout highs.
engineer

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 02:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It wasn't a good trend for 2016 when this was posted. The 2018 trend has been the other way.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 03:51 pm
@engineer,
I knew that! Paul Ryans' recent statement of retirement is a trend for many GOP politicians. I think Trump has poisoned the party.
0 Replies