Does finite sin deserve infinite punishment?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:00 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: Well let's see:- A pharmacy is a place to get medicines (we call them chemists in Britain)
Gospel-writer Luke was a doctor.
Am I missing something?
Neologist replied: Yeah. The English transliteration would be 'druggery' or drug abuse. Kind of belongs with spiritism, wouldn't you say? Giving over your will to either spirit or chemical

Sorry mate I don't see what you're getting at. If i need some aspirins or throat tablets I simply nip down the chemists to get some, what's wrong with that?
In America you call them pharmacies but so what?
A rose by any other name...Smile
neologist

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:08 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
(BTW, the Greek word for spiritism is pharmakia, does that sound familiar?)
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Well let's see:- A pharmacy is a place to get medicines (we call them chemists in Britain)
Gospel-writer Luke was a doctor.
Am I missing something?
I wrote:
Yeah.
The English transliteration would be 'druggery' or drug abuse. Kind of belongs with spiritism, wouldn't you say? Giving over your will to either spirit or chemical.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Sorry mate I don't see what you're getting at. If i need some aspirins or throat tablets I simply nip down the chemists to get some, what's wrong with that?
In America you call them pharmacies but so what?
A rose by any other name...Smile
Do you get high on aspirin? Acetaminophen? Probably not. It should be obvious that I am talking about some other drugs.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:14 pm
@neologist,
Well if this topic has moved on to drugs, I've never drugged in my life, and I've never smoked or drank either, it's just not my scene at all.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 09:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Try not to paraphrase as much as you do Romeo, you can unwittingly change the meaning behind the scriptures you quote. The scriptures state not that individuals must kill men who lie with men and practices of magic, but rather that they be tried and put to death as a judicial matter. It was not a licence to murder. Israel was a nation ruled by judges, and later kings who settled such matters according to law.
The mosaic law was a physical law for a physical nation of god, it was given to them in order that they might keep holy, a cleansed people acceptable to him, but as we know, god abandoned his physical nation in favour of a spiritual nation, Matthew 23:37,38. one of all tribes and tongues Matthew 28:16-20. Jesus delivered the news, and his teachings and his example became our mainstay, that said, he held scripture in reverence, and was recorded on many occasions referring to scripture in his teachings. He taught the principles that the law was written to instill. If we apply the principles, love what god loves, hate what he hates, then we can become a people acceptable to him, he is a god of high standards.
So we are not under the mosaic law, so homosexuals and magic practicers today are not tried under it, however by the principle of the law, we know how god feels about the practices.

Does it now make better sense that Jesus did not contradict the Old Testament?Do you have any other concerns or contradictions that you would like cleared up?
neologist

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 12:16 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You mentioned witches. I simply expounded. The reference to drugs was made to tie in the use of mind altering substances to spiritism. Magic practitioners are similar to habitual drug users in their giving control of their sensibilities to something (or someone) outside of themselves.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 12:31 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
fabs (fabulini's) words:
Quote:
Good for you mate, let's talk about something important for a change..
For example what are your hobbies and interests and opinions on all sorts of stuff like Ben Bailey being cruel by kicking people out of the Cash Cab without a penny after getting 3 strikes?
Shouldn't he at least let them walk with half the money they've won up til then?

anon wrote:
Sitting here thinking. Three strikes. Well. That's fine. Didn't realize how immature you are until now, I having re read what you posted yesterday?, I don't know when. Let's get this over with now. shall we. You know. The three strikes you're out deal. I'll take one hit which I want to count as the three attempts to swing my bat. Good chance I'll strike out first attempt to hit the ball. That one strike is to be my three strikes. I love. I do. love baseball. But I like the real game. The physical where we're, you and I are in person and you throw the ball and I attempt to hit it. not saying I will or won't.
Not much for the mental game. Mental game being the internet where I have to think I'm assuming (about, everything) correctly. In person is where the truth is.

But no Romeo Fabulini. I have no interest in you. Or anyone. Please don't think so. I can't leave home. I feel I belong with no one. I don't know why I'm mentioning. Letting you know I guess.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 12:34 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
fab's (fabulini's) words:
Quote:
Good for you mate, let's talk about something important for a change..
For example what are your hobbies and interests and opinions on all sorts of stuff like Ben Bailey being cruel by kicking people out of the Cash Cab without a penny after getting 3 strikes?
Shouldn't he at least let them walk with half the money they've won up til then?

anon wrote:
Sitting here thinking. Three strikes. Well. That's fine. Didn't realize how immature you are until now, I having re read what you posted yesterday?, I don't know when. Let's get this over with now. shall we. You know. The three strikes you're out deal. I'll take one hit which I want to count as the three attempts to swing my bat. Good chance I'll strike out first attempt to hit the ball. That one strike is to be my three strikes. I love. I do. love baseball. But I like the real game. The physical where we're, you and I are in person and you throw the ball and I attempt to hit it. not saying I will or won't.
Not much for the mental game. Mental game being the internet where I have to think I'm assuming (about, everything) correctly. In person is where the truth is.

But no Romeo Fabulini. I have no interest in you. Or anyone. Please don't think so. I can't leave home. I feel I belong with no one. I don't know why I'm mentioning. Letting you know so you don't get the wrong impression. Hate when people get the wrong impression. It hurts but nothing I can do. If I leave my home bad things will happen.
0 Replies

informateur

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:42 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

It is up to who feels they must punish.
BeHereNow

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 02:13 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
Smileyrius: So we are not under the mosaic law, so homosexuals and magic practicers today are not tried under it, however by the principle of the law, we know how god feels about the practices.
I’m afraid you have me at a disadvantage.
I am not as good at reading the mind of god, so, how does he feel about the practices?
You say “we know”, this part of the “we” does not know.
Here are some abominations from the OT, would you say that god feels equally about practitioners of (all of) these abominations?

Lev II:
[10] And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
[11] They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
[12] Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
[13] And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

[20] All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
[23] But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

[41] And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.
[42] Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

Lev 18:
[22] Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

[26] Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
[27] (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
[29] For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 02:28 pm
@BeHereNow,
BeHereNow wrote:

Quote:
Smileyrius: So we are not under the mosaic law, so homosexuals and magic practicers today are not tried under it, however by the principle of the law, we know how god feels about the practices.
I’m afraid you have me at a disadvantage.
I am not as good at reading the mind of god, so, how does he feel about the practices?
You say “we know”, this part of the “we” does not know.
Here are some abominations from the OT, would you say that god feels equally about practitioners of (all of) these abominations?

Lev II:
[10] And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
[11] They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
[12] Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
[13] And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

[20] All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
[23] But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

[41] And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.
[42] Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

Lev 18:
[22] Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

[26] Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
[27] (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
[29] For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

Sounds like a pretty sick god...and anyone who would worship this god ought to have his/her mind examined.

But Smiley is absolutely correct.

For the people who accept that the Bible tells them what pleases and offends the god...there is no question whatever about how the god feels about homosexual activity.

“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” Leviticus 20-13

If you are arguing that it is all a bunch of nonsense...I am shoulder to shoulder with you.

Are you?
BeHereNow

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 02:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Frank Apisa If you are arguing that it is all a bunch of nonsense...I am shoulder to shoulder with you.

Are you?
No, just asking a question, seeing if there is some consistency.

neologist

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:02 pm
@informateur,
Quote:
informateur wrote:
It is up to who feels they must punish.
So long as it is not you being judged, eh?
neologist

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:10 pm
@BeHereNow,
. . . the wages sin pays is death (Romans 6:23) all sin.
If you need an explanation of that, you understand very little about the issues raised in Genesis, chapter 3.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:16 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Sounds like a pretty sick god...and anyone who would worship this god ought to have his/her mind examined.

Which bit of this is sick mate?-
Jesus said-"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor" (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

(and remember those were God's own words spoken through Jesus's mouth)-
Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)
BeHereNow

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:39 pm
@neologist,
Your ignorance of the bible precedes you.
RE: http://able2know.org/topic/231656-2#post-5557085

I take you to be no expert, only one who has a particular viewpoint, and myopic at best.
Thanks for the offer.
informateur

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:48 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
So long as it is not you being judged, eh?

Neo my love. Everyone is judged. We all live in this. the same critical world.
0 Replies

informateur

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:51 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
If you need an explanation of that, you understand very little about the issues raised in Genesis, chapter 3.

Not everyone reads. and/or understands. the bible.
0 Replies

informateur

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 03:54 pm
@BeHereNow,
BHN - BeHereNow seems to be jealous.
informateur

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 04:01 pm
@informateur,
I don't understand why it is, at times difficult for me to not express my love.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2014 04:04 pm
Hey BeHereNow and Informateur, as a matter of interest are you atheists, wiccans, satanists, mormons, moonies or what?
If we knew, we'd be able to tell where you're coming from a bit better.
For example I'm a Loose Cannon Christian, and Neologist is a Jehovahs's Witness..Smile