Does finite sin deserve infinite punishment?

informateur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
THERE IS NO GOD I AM PROOF THERE IS NO GOD WHY?

BECAUSE I HAVE PRAYED FOR THESE TWO TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW AND THEY'RE STILL THERE

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THAT THING CALLED A DEVIL YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE IN IT IS BECAUSE TWO WHO CLAIM OF GOD'S WORD WHO CLAIM CHRISTIAN LED ME STRAIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF THE DEVIL 

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS GET OUT BUT NO I WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH TO BE OF THEIR KIND SO THEY MADE ME WHO I AM NOW 

THERE IS NO GOD I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW FOR THEM TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD BUT TILL THIS DAY THEY REMAIN

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THAT THING CALLED THE DEVIL IT IS BECAUSE OF THEM TWO WHO CLAIM GOD BELIEVERS OF GOD'S WORD

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE DEVIL IT WILL BE BECAUSE TWO WHO CLAIM CHRISTIAN LED ME STRAIGHT TO HIM

IMMATURITY. WHAT SOME DON'T UNDERSTAND.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:54 pm
Quote:
Informateur said: I HAVE PRAYED FOR THESE TWO TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW AND THEY'RE STILL THERE

Nearly everybody on earth has got their personal demons of various kinds, prayer sometimes helps but the trick is not to take any notice of them, just like Russell Crowe's schizophrenic character says at the end of "A Beautiful Mind".
The Bible also says it-
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)
informateur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I would lick your asshole.
informateur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:03 pm
@informateur,
.. shove a finger or two in there along with.

Probably my tongue as well.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:19 pm
@informateur,
Looks like your demons are rockin and rolling like crazy mate..Smile
"Believe in God,the demons also believe and tremble" (James 2:19)

informateur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're such a dumbass.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:35 pm
More rockin/rolling..Smile
Demons in a man screamed saying, "Let us alone; what have we to do with you Jesus of Nazareth? have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God" (Mark 1:24)

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:47 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: @RF- I said earlier that I do not know what motivated the people involved in the creation of Christianity..

Well, as I've already pointed out, Christianity bans the making of money from it, and it bans lording it over people-
"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit...be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (2 Cor 2:17,1 Peter 5:2-3)

so we'd be interested in hearing what exactly you (or any other nonchristians) think it was that triggered the beginning of Christianity?
I know it's a hard question to answer but at least place the ball on the tee and take a swing at it..Smile

Why does anyone ever start something that will not make money?

Maybe the people thought it would be a huge money maker.

And quite honestly, for most of its existence, this Christianity thing...has not only made money...it has made tons of it.

Your protestations that it doesn't are laughable, Romeo.

Desperation never plays well in A2K...and your desperation is playing particularly poorly.
informateur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 04:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I am desperate? Frank Apisa.
0 Replies

informateur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 04:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
0 Replies

informateur

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Good chance I'll never be good enough for you Frank Apisa.
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 05:33 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Yeah, but since the dead are not conscious, your concern makes no sense

You just answered the OP neo. Hell obviously doesn't really exist because being conscious is the only way I know of to experience anything. A non conscious being couldn't experience the Bible's version of Hell. The only way Hell could exist is if we are consciously experiencing Hell, which means we are probably in Hell RIGHT NOW. You, me, everybody. No one would ever expect it, punishment is real and happens to everyone alive in it's own different ways, and **** just seems to happen without our control.

To me, it's a ridiculous notion that we are already in Hell, but really it's the most logical way Hell could be real and really be a true punishment.
Bible Hell on the other hand is literal eternal punishment for people another group of people don't like. It's either be like us or roast when you die. Obviously something a human would come up with rather than a loving God. Your OP has been answered because it really makes no sense.
mikeymojo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 05:52 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Mikeymojo said: if God exists God is nothing like what the Bible portrays God to be

I like God, don't you? What don't you like about him?
He's going to send Jesus back to collect everybody who likes him and whisk them off to Paradise, don't you want to come?

Haha let's start by saying your God(Bible God) sounds like an insecure megalomaniac human being rather than an omnipotent all knowing Creator. I'm sure that Paradise would be one great big drama from the greatest drama queen in literature. I guess it could be a funny place though. I always like a good laugh.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 06:32 pm
@mikeymojo,
Well, the words most commonly translated 'hell' are the Hebrew 'sheol' and the Greek 'hades'. 'Sheol' is referred to in the scriptures as mankind's common grave. Consider these words in the book of Job;
Quote:
(Job 14:13-15) 13 O that in She′ol you would conceal me, That you would keep me secret until your anger turns back, That you would set a time limit for me and remember me! 14 If an able-bodied man dies can he live again? All the days of my compulsory service I shall wait, Until my relief comes. 15 You will call, and I myself shall answer you. For the work of your hands you will have a yearning.
As for 'hades': The Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures uses the word 'Hades' 73 times, employing it 60 times to translate the Hebrew word 'Sheol'. Luke, the divinely inspired writer of Acts, definitely showed Hades to be the Greek equivalent of Sheol when he translated Peter’s quotation from Psalm 16:10. (Ac 2:27)
mikeymojo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 06:56 pm
@neologist,
Then apparently sinners aren't punished after they die. I'm not the person who wrote the Bible thus creating contradictions in the Bible. I'm sure no real God did either nor had any hand in it's creation. Again eternal hell, and any other version of hell, doesn't really exist. And I say hell because that's the word you used in your OP.
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:09 pm
@mikeymojo,
Would you also state that Sheol, which is commonly rendered hell does not exist?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:18 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said:@RF- Why does anyone ever start something that will not make money? Maybe the people thought it would be a huge money maker.
And quite honestly, for most of its existence, this Christianity thing...has not only made money...it has made tons of it.

1- But if early Christians invented Christianity to make money, why on earth did they insert a clause saying they weren't in it to make money?-
"..we do not peddle the word of God for profit" (2 Cor 2:17)

2- It therefore logically follows that anybody who makes money from it is not a true Christian.
Little old ladies and gullible fools are taken in by smarmy TV evangelists asking for 'donations' but I hadn't figgered you for a gullible little old lady mate..Wink
neologist

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . . It therefore logically follows that anybody who makes money from it is not a true Christian. . .
Every once in a while you make a legitimate point.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:37 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF-Every once in a while you make a legitimate point

Yes it's inevitable that once in a while one of your cockamamie Jehovah's Witness beliefs accidentally coincides with mainstream Christianity..Wink
mikeymojo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:38 pm
@Smileyrius,
I would state that, yes.