A2K MEMBER VOCATIONS

Monger

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 12:28 pm
Sheeesh! Is there no end to your feistiness?? Laughing Heehee!...Come an' get me, if ya dare!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 05:34 pm
Hmmmm - he has a lot of eyes - can he see behind him? Does he have ears?

..........s c a m p e r s c a m p e r scamper ScAmPeR SCaMpER SCAMPER TICKLETICKLETICKLE SCAMPER SCaMpER ScAmPeR scamper s c a m p e r s c a m p e r .........
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 05:34 pm
ahem....
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 08:09 pm
It's all in the pronunciation m'dear... I was trying for Homer Simpson...

D'oh!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:16 pm
Everything posted prior to this line is old news!

I'm retired - twice in the same year '86, once for myself and once for my auto - from the US Army where I mostly flew airplanes. After that I flew for a corporation taking pictures with which they made maps. I retired from that and moved back home to TX where I built our home literally by myself. We love travel, reading, movies and at least 50% of us likes to chat on the internet. Hobbies include everything of interest such as artwork - currently doing sculptures - cooking, exercise, etc.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:32 pm
You worked for The Company Danon5? Or was it Air America, hehe.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 09:39 am
Funny you should ask, Joanne. I was an Army Intell person during and when not flying. Had a TS clearance with other little clearnaces that even had names that were secret. Most of which isn't so secret anymore. Time marches relentlessly on.
The 'company' people I met overseas weren't hard to spot, they invariably sat alone with their backs to the wall. LOL
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 09:55 am
I thought everybody knew they were supposed to sit with their back against a wall.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:25 am
Been watching old Wild West movies Piffka???
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:39 am
aces and eights
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 11:42 am
Might have been, Danon, but nope, I learned it from an early James Bond. He was, however, preaching to the choir that day. My back to the wall has always been my chosen spot. There are baby pictures of me... braced but determined.
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 12:28 pm
First off subject. To Piffka, I learned to walk without ever crawling then I became overwhelmed with some weird idea/hobbie as a young child to bend my knees as if to sit in a chair, and place my back against a wall. Longer and longer everyday untill I would fall.

Then I became fascinated with literature. Especially Classical, Medical, and my favorite Philosophy.

My simple vocation is an observer/researcher. I am currently unempolyed or retired from a previous life, if you wanna call it that for now. I am in the process of getting back to work, writting, and going back to school. To either be educated, or re-educate through all of the above.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:50 pm
Piffka,
You know what they say, or should be saying, about movies and real life - very little in common. That probably applies more to the old movies though, recently they've been getting closer to the real world it seems.

dysl,
Yep, and look where that got him, shot in the back of the head through a window. Ok, the lesson here is - back to the solid brick wall and hope nobody has a bulldozer. LOL

Hi MellowG, always wanted to visit Walden Pond. My wife has been there and loved it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:12 pm
danon, If I dig through my photo albums, I'm sure I can find a photo of Walden's Pond. c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 03:15 pm
Hey danon,...Did yo go through Ft. Rucker? I was a Flight simulator Instructor for a brief while there.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 04:38 pm
Hi Danon et al

Walden pond is pretty but not in itself any different from hundreds of other New England ponds. It's knowing that Thoreau lived there a while, and wrote of it, that makes one feel connected to it and makes it special. (if you're a Thoreau fan that is)

Speaking of Thoreau, here's a little bit of trivia for you all:

I recently read that Wm. Butler Yeats wrote 'Lake Isle of Inisfree'
after reading 'Walden'. Here's the Yeats poem together with a related link.

'The Lake Isle of Inisfree'

I will arise and go now, and go to Inisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.

http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~cd200/mac65.html
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 05:10 pm
I always like this:

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.
John Muir
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 05:39 pm
c.i., What a pleasant and surprising offer, if you do find a pic you already have my address (at MyFamily) so I would love a photo of Waldon Pond.

Booman, Yes, I have been to Mother Rucker many times between '67 and '77. Loved those sims. My first sim was at Ft Stewart, GA (FW school) and it was a blue box shaped (somebodies imagination) like a cockpit. At Rucker, it was a square box on the floor you walked into and sat down in a chair to look at the dials. The instructor was behind, breathing over your shoulder and taking notes. They were in a hurry to pump out cannon fodder in those days. LOL

jjorge, Thanks for the triv and Yeats link. bookmk'd

husker, Good quote and yes, I've been to Camp Muir atop Mt Rainier. Great view from there.

Here's Patti (my wife)

"It was many, many years ago since I visited Walden Pond - and have not been back since (more's the pity) but I was pleased then to see it had been preserved much as it was when Thoreau was there. I could certainly see why he loved it - the quiet solitude, and it delighted me to feel I was standing where he once stood, as I was (and am) a great fan of his."
Patti Hampton

Thanks everybody!!
Dan

ps: Piffka, I spent a night in the 'Top of The World' hotel in Pt. Barrow. Did they still have the airplane parts from the Willey Post/Will Rogers accident on the wall when you were there??
Also, walked the beach to the point North of the village that is the Northern most point of the North American Continent and suddenly was the tallest man in all of the Americas. Quite a place isn't it?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 09:07 pm
1...ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST
1...BOOKKEEPER
1...CIVIL SERVICE

2...EDUCATION
1...GRAPHIC DESIGNER
1...HUMAN RELATIONS
1...INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1...JUGGLER ?
1...LOGISTICS
1...METROLOGIST
1...PARENTING
1...PARALEGAL
1...PILOT
1...PROOFREADER
1...QUALITY ASSURANCE
1...RESEARCHER
1...RISK MANAGEMENT
1...SOCIAL SERVICES
1...SOCIAL WORKER
1...SURGEONS' STAFF
1...SYSTEMS ACCOUNTANT
1...THERAPIST
1...TIMBER
1...WAITER
1...WRITER
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 09:15 pm
Another tidbit about Thoreau: Gandhi learned his peaceful protest from reading Thoreau. Eventually, Martin Luther King, Jr., followed. c.i.
0 Replies