A2K MEMBER VOCATIONS

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 11:01 am
SealPoet, Only until 10? If you ask my siblings, they'll tell you that my retirement didn't really end until my early twenties. The amazing part of all this is the fact that I was the first in our family to experience my 'second' retirement before them! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 12:34 pm
Totals (12/24/02)5:45 PM

1...ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST
1...BOOKKEEPER
2...EDUCATION
1...GRAPHIC DESIGNER
1...JUGGLER ?
1...LOGISTICS
1...METROLOGIST
1...PARENTING
1...PARALEGAL
1...QUALITY ASSURANCE
1...RISK MANAGEMENT
1...SURGEONS' STAFF
1...SYSTEMS ACCOUNTANT
1...THERAPIST
1...TIMBER

FOLKS...IF YOU ARE RETIRED, LIST YOUR PRE-RETIREMENT VOCATION. FEEL TO SEND ME A CORRECTION.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 12:43 pm
MapleLeaf, What's a "metrologist?" c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 12:44 pm
Also, as a "timber" did you fall? Or cut off at the legs? c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 12:56 pm
Retired
Any number of functions within Quality Assurance. Retired as a Quality Assurance Manager.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:11 pm
Graphic designer
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:16 pm
eoe, I find it interesting that a "graphic designer" doesn't have a unique avatar on A2K. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:26 pm
Some shoemakers walk barefoot...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:31 pm
I'M SO ASHAMED!
Even with directions, I can't figure out how to link one in. I asked Craven to help but haven't gotten a response.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:53 pm
steissd, Maybe in Israel. In the US, they wear 'boots' for walk'n. c.i.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 02:02 pm
I'm a retired municipal civil servant. As a Sr. Administrative Analyst I was a system fixer, advisor, and mentor with a major Southern California city. I did 12 years in the police world, worked in airport administration and floated around to departments where someone perceived some problem(s) too great for the resident staff (have gun, will travel). Though I'm sure some thought of me as a hatchet man, usually when I left a department a good number of folks wanted to go with me. The political wars became too much hassel, and as my hearing faded it was clear that it was time to let the kids run the assylum.

The number of things I've done in my life is very large, and some of them I can't talk about. It's been mostly fun, and I've learned a fair piece.

Now, I mostly devote myself to making pictures, trying to learn to write a decent sentence, and taking care of Corazon de la Osa (our home in New Mexico). Is not learning a pleasure? BTW, that's a quote from the Analectics of Master Kung (Kung Fu-tze, Confucious).
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 04:46 pm
c.i., a person who is involved with "the science of weights and measures or of measurement."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 05:32 pm
Asherman, You're probably in the top one percent of 'bright' fellows that walks this earth. Me, I'm just an average joe that happened to put in some effort at study and work, and made a pretty decent life for me and my family. No complaints. Having had a pretty satisfying career, and spoil myself with world travel as I please, there's not much I have need for or desire. c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 06:31 pm
Mapleleaf, since you're keeping score, put me down as a Systems Accountant.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 06:33 pm
eoe, click on anybody's avatar and Craven will answer your question. You just have to know how to tickle him just right!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 09:10 am
A humble public servant.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 08:05 am
I work as an assistant to an HR director. We work internationally and support our company's HR departments around the world. Just started this job in September. It's very interesting and I get to travel to Sweden from time to time :-)
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 09:24 am
I'm a waiter... the best job there is, and sometimes the lousiest!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:18 pm
eoe wrote:
I'M SO ASHAMED!
Even with directions, I can't figure out how to link one in. I asked Craven to help but haven't gotten a response.

Sorry, I didn't see it. To use a custom avatar just upload it to the internet (on tripod lycos or some host that allows hotlinking, geocities doesn't) then use the link to the image (e.g. http://www.the.site.where.you.posted.it.com/the.path.to.the.image.jpg )
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:59 pm
I LEAVE FRIDAY ON A FAMILY TRIP, SHOULD BE BACK TO ATTEND TO THREADS ON SATURDAY, JAN. 4.
0 Replies