Being a reliable life partner.

Myopic

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:24 am
A person who can't make sacrifices at times,can't make compromises at times and can't accommodate in varying situations in a love/marital relation,can't become a reliable life partner.

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:25 am
@Myopic,
Makes a lot sense to me.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:33 am
@Myopic,
Well, then. at least I can still be an unreliable life partner.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:47 am
Call me superficial if you like, but I'd rather have a succession of exciting partners than one dull but "reliable" one.
contrex

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:48 am
@Myopic,
Myopic wrote:

A person who can't make sacrifices at times,can't make compromises at times and can't accommodate in varying situations in a love/marital relation,can't become a reliable life partner.

A person who is addicted to listing their partners' failings can't be much fun either.
0 Replies

Myopic

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:20 pm
@contrex,
Sorry, but it is about "LIFE partner". You are right upto the extent of "partners". You, I and we all have so many of them. Smile
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 01:49 pm
@Myopic,
As so as you start talking about "sacrifices" then I'm out of it.

Why should anything have to be sacrificed?
contrex

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 02:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

As so as you start talking about "sacrifices" then I'm out of it.

Why should anything have to be sacrificed?

+1
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 02:04 pm
@Myopic,
Myopic wrote:
Sorry, but it is about "LIFE partner".

Why did you start this thread?
Myopic

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:12 pm
@contrex,
To be refuted in a strong logical manner. No other intention.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:29 pm
@Myopic,
Relationships are about compromise, without that you have nothing.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:37 pm
@jcboy,
I agree.
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:54 pm
@Myopic,
Disagree. If both partners are the same and neither are the sacrificing or committing type, they could be reliable life partners and live life together. You just have to find someone who is willing to make sacrifices in the name of love as you would. Likes attract more effectively when it comes to such matters as love and life partners, than the old opposites attract adage.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:17 pm
@mikeymojo,
Maybe I'm confused. I believe a woman should give into her man pleasing him in any way he wishes. A woman should be submissive. If her partner can't support the family then the two of them should part ways. She shall seek a man who can support the family.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 08:45 pm
@Myopic,
A selfish s.o.b. who insists on having his/her way and never thinks of his/her partner's needs or wants can be very reliable, reliabily a schmuck.

Of course, if one is a normal human being, a valuable life partner needs to have the characteristics you describe
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 10:55 pm
My sister married a Hell's Angel 40 years ago, he smoked, drank, gambled, went down the pub with his mates every night and went off fishing every weekend.
She soon started nagging him into changing his ways but he refused pointblank and said "You knew what I was like before you chose to marry me, so i don't see why I should change now!", and he just carried on.
I couldn't fault his logic and I always liked him (so did everybody else, he was a popular nice friendly guy).
Their marriage creaked on for a few more years until she finally decided to divorce him but he took it in his stride and married another woman 5 minutes later, but no man would touch my sister with a bargepole and she's been on her own ever since..Smile
anonymously99

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
She should had found herself a hobby instead of leaving him.
contrex

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 03:23 am
@anonymously99,
Anonymously99, either you live in a primitive and backward male dominated society, or you are yourself primitive and backward. Or both. Which is it? Your attitude towards women is deplorable.,
anonymously99

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 03:52 am
@contrex,
I'm not regretful. Not sure why you would mention so.
contrex

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 04:27 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

I'm not regretful. Not sure why you would mention so.

I didn't.