Being a reliable life partner.

anonymously99

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 04:41 am
@contrex,
No. But to me it is as if you are trying to hint at the fact that I may be regretful toward?, women. I don't feel negatively toward/about/anything similar to, women.

de·plor·a·ble [dih-plawr-uh-buh l, -plohr-]
—adjective
causing or being a subject for grief or regret; lamentable: the deplorable death of a friend.
causing or being a subject for censure, reproach, or disapproval; wretched; very bad: This room is in deplorable order. You have deplorable manners!

deplorable
adjective
unfortunate, shameful

Synonyms: afflictive, awful, blameworthy, bummer, calamitous, dire, dirty, disastrous, disgraceful, dishonorable, disreputable, distressing, dolorous, downer, dreadful, execrable, faulty, godawful, grievous, grim, heartbreaking, heartrending, horrifying, intolerable, lamentable, lousy, melancholy, miserable, mournful, opprobrious, overwhelming, pitiable, poor, regrettable, reprehensible, rotten, sad, scandalous, sickening, stinking, terrible, tragic, unbearable, unsatisfactory, woeful, wretched

Antonyms: cheerful, delightful, excellent, good, happy, shameless
contrex

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 05:41 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

No. But to me it is as if you are trying to hint at the fact that I may be regretful toward?, women. I don't feel negatively toward/about/anything similar to, women.

You constantly say things like "women should be submissive". Your attitude towards women is bad, unfortunate, shameful, awful, blameworthy, disgraceful, dishonorable, disreputable, dreadful, execrable, faulty, horrifying, intolerable, lamentable, opprobrious, pitiable, poor, regrettable, reprehensible, rotten, sad, scandalous, sickening, stinking, terrible, tragic, unbearable, unsatisfactory, woeful and wretched.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 07:14 am
@anonymously99,
I don't think you've ever had a female boss or female work peers. If you had you might respect women more. Why would you expect a vibrant, intelligent person to submit to your will in exchange for room and board? To go through life as a mindless person with no will of her own. I don't think any intelligent, empowered creature would have such low expectations of life. There are mail order brides though..but then this more an arrangement than a marriage. I think this would suit you fine since it is a business arrangement.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 07:23 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
There are sad stories always. A friend of mine was his family's sole financial provider. After 20 years he found out she had been having a 10 year affair. They divorced and he never remarried. He became very good at smelling infidelity...maybe too good.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:54 am
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Anonymously said: She should had found herself a hobby instead of leaving him

Yes she had no idea how to live her life at all, i tried to make her see sense by telling her "He's a Hell's Angel but so what, he's a nice decent guy with a good job at Dunlop, he pays all the family bills and gives you and the kids plenty of money so why don't you just stop nagging him and relax?"
But she never could, it was as if she had a demon pulling her strings all the time. I actually told her once "You're possessed by a demon!" but she thought I was joking..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 12:02 pm
Quote:
Contrex said to Anonomously: You constantly say things like "women should be submissive"

Nobody likes loud noisy Feminist ratbags..Smile
The Womens Lib thing has messed many women up because it makes them think being a good wife and mother is not good enough.
The Bible tells what a good wife should be like, but they're very thin on the ground..Smile-

"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life"
(Proverbs 31)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/chr-wom3_zps84bd548a.jpg~original
Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 01:04 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You sound complex
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 01:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well..I don't consider a woman a prop..there simply to fulfill a man's life. Thank goodness for the contraceptive pill, the right to vote and own property. The right to educate oneself and have the pick of the litter rather than have to put up with the wins of an imbecile...I prefer a man who is educated, attractive, tender and can accept me as an equal..and believe me you are a dying breed. Call it survival of the fittest..so go ahead and order your mail order bride..she might help you out in feeling like a "real man".
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 01:13 pm
@Myopic,
What exactly do you mean by reliable? it seems that your references to mutual sacrifice/compromise/accommodation aren't necessarily related to reliability.

So reliability - what does that mean for you?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 04:12 pm
At junior school my mate Colin and his brother used to go shoplifting in town after school because they couldn't bear going back to their cold empty house because both their parents worked and didn't get home for another few hours.
Sometimes they tagged onto me and other kids and came home with us so they could experience the joy of coming home to a warm home with a mum in it.
My mum never worked and was always there for me and my sister when we got home from school, god bless her (sniffle).

PS- And a kid down the road named Michael was always deliberately injuring himself in the long school holidays because he was home alone (his parents were at work) and he craved the attention of doctors and paramedics.
I remember him being carried to the ambulance once and i was puzzled by the little smile on his face as if he was ENJOYING it. (He'd just deliberately fell face-first onto his garden fence, nearly blinding himself to get attention in his empty house.

The moral? A woman should put her KIDS first, not go off trying to have a career of her own while they're still growing up.

God said- “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget, I will not forget you" (Isaiah 49:15)
contrex

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 06:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
The moral? A woman should put her KIDS first, not go off trying to have a career of her own while they're still growing up.

What a load of toss. That's not a "moral" that bears examination. Sorry, Romeo, but you are talking bollocks. My mum worked in the fashion dept of a department store and earned enough alongside my dad for all kinds of things for the family - a car, a phone (a big deal in the 1960s), foreign holidays (also a big deal the 1960s), clothes for the kids etc. So my experience directly contradicts the stuff you were talking about, but in fact neither proves anything.

0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 09:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I acknowledge the part about the woman being a great part of the home. I'm actually touched about someone acknowledging the contribution ..but why can't it be a more evolved ideology where men take responsibility for the children's welfare..why is that an impossibility ?! Must men remain children forever?!
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 09:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So what is the man's contribution?... To remain a selfish child for life?! You can keep your bible then.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 09:24 pm
Quote:
Germlat said: but why can't it be a more evolved ideology where men take responsibility for the children's welfare..why is that an impossibility?

Sometimes my dad looked after me and my sister if my mum had to go off on an "errand" to the doctors or dentists or a visit to her elderly mother or whatever, and although dad looked after us fine, WE HATED IT and longed for mum to get home because the house seemed cold and empty without her!
An episode of the Dick van Dyke TV show many years ago hit the nail on the head when Mary Tyler Moore was away on an errand and Dick was at home.
His young son was sulky and weepy because he was missing his mum, so Dick offered him a nice banana but his son refused.
"But i thought you liked bananas?" said Dick
"Mom's bananas are better!" yelled the kid and went back to sulking and pouting..Wink
contrex

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 04:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

"Mom's bananas are better!" yelled the kid and went back to sulking and pouting..Wink

So the boy was a twat. Kids can be twats, you know.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 11:03 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Your "argument" is that of a child's ...I don't know what to tell you.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 11:17 am
We were a "slightly on the poor side" family, my dad had a decent job but we always seemed to be short of money and never even had a TV in our house til I was about seven.
Yet my mum NEVER thought of going out and getting a job to bring in extra cash because she knew her 'job' was looking after the home, her kids and her hub, god bless her..Smile
Germlat

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 11:25 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
That's fine Romeo. But people have other perspectives and it doesn't make them wrong. Call it social relativity if you must. I was raised in a different way..we had servants . My mom ran the household sort of speak. My father was the warmest of the two. He cared for me when I was sick for instance. I think it all depends on the situation. My mother didn't possess a nurturing bone in her body..but she was very educated and successful and taught me many great life lessons.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 10:48 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I bet you're a big tits fan.
Germlat

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 12:56 pm
@IRFRANK,
Anything wrong with that ?