Do you beleive in god?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 05:38 am
satt_focusable wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
From what I see...Flew was not an atheist earlier...he was an agnostic.

Previously Flew called himself a "Negative Atheist."

I know what he called himself.

I was paying more attention to the music than the lyric.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 05:41 am
Quote:
Investigation of DNA, he said, "has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce life, that intelligence must have been involved".

I like the idea that it was all done by a race of aliens and that they've done hundreds of times before, that we are just another universe in a string of universes, an infinite necklace of realities hanging around the neck of a teenage rollerskating waitress bringing out the happy meals to her waiting patrons.

Joe (Don't break the chain!) Nation
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:07 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:
Investigation of DNA, he said, "has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce life, that intelligence must have been involved".

I like the idea that it was all done by a race of aliens and that they've done hundreds of times before, that we are just another universe in a string of universes, an infinite necklace of realities hanging around the neck of a teenage rollerskating waitress bringing out the happy meals to her waiting patrons.

Joe (Don't break the chain!) Nation

Sounds as logical and acceptable as any of the other notions I hear bandied about, Joe.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 06:11 am
Chain emerged, or ..
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:58 am
Quote:

And he says this with such conviction, as though he were actually qualified to make this determination.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 01:05 pm
The human brain has the capacity for omniscient intelligence; therein lies the problem.
0 Replies

Phalanx International

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:33 pm
Actually In Christianity as the word Christian says and means we are like Christ.

That is what actually should happen if you are a Christian, The reason Christ came was to restore the lost nature of man which originally was done in the image of God as it say in the book of Genesis God Created Man in his Image. Man sinned and lost the Image. Christ came to put us on Ground Zero Now the Ball is in our court.

And another thing to all of you guys out there replying to this forum with your No answer, Let me ask you this, Why do you even check these sites if you do firmly, not believe in God?

It seems to me that you are really having a bit of a battle on the inside.

Do not answer something that you are not sure of
0 Replies

SmokingFire

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:37 pm
The funny thing I've noticed is that in all these "religious" arguments it is mostly the God of the Bible that is in the spot light...strange isn't it?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:47 pm
When I first stated the question, I had just assumed that people would read the question and revert it to whatever kind of higher power (god) they beleived in. Which I beleive some have.
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:17 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
The human brain has the capacity for omniscient intelligence; therein lies the problem.

Oh, come, now!
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:39 am
patiodog wrote:
I believe that God believes in Claude...

Manchester, England ... England
Across the Atlantic Sea

la la la la la

(no God, yes aliens or some such other .........)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 09:13 pm
The fastest growing church in the world?
http://www.upci.org/about/index.asp
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:28 am
Phalanx International wrote:
Actually In Christianity as the word Christian says and means we are like Christ.

Yeah, sure. Jerry Falwell is like Christ! George Bush is like Christ. The rest of you Christians are like Christ.

If being "like" something had anything to do with it...it would be called Hypocrianity.

Quote:
That is what actually should happen if you are a Christian, The reason Christ came was to restore the lost nature of man which originally was done in the image of God as it say in the book of Genesis God Created Man in his Image. Man sinned and lost the Image. Christ came to put us on Ground Zero Now the Ball is in our court.

Interesting myth. But I like the one where Zeus turns into a bull and does the dirty deed with Europa, and...

...well...you get the idea.

Quote:
And another thing to all of you guys out there replying to this forum with your No answer, Let me ask you this, Why do you even check these sites if you do firmly, not believe in God?

Ahhh...I see. Another of your "beliefs" is that people are supposed to discuss only stuff they "firmly believe in."

Have you ever discussed Naziism, or communism, or child sexual abuse, or....

...well...you get the idea.

Quote:
It seems to me that you are really having a bit of a battle on the inside.

It seems to me that you do lots of simplistic thinking.

Quote:
Do not answer something that you are not sure of

Really!

So you think religion should never be discussed by anyone...right?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:39 am
Well, I know that after an agnostic assures us that no one can be sure of anything for the millionth time, some parts of the discussion become very unproductive.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:51 am
snood wrote:
Well, I know that after an agnostic assures us that no one can be sure of anything for the millionth time, some parts of the discussion become very unproductive.

Any agnostic who assures anyone that "no one can be sure of anything" is not an agnostic.

Chances are, the person is a Christian trying to misrepresent the agnostic take on things for one reason or another. And once a Christian starts that...something Christians do very often...some parts of the discussion become very unproductive.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:11 pm
Quote, "Yeah, sure. Jerry Falwell is like Christ! George Bush is like Christ. The rest of you Christians are like Christ.

If being "like" something had anything to do with it...it would be called Hypocrianity."

ROFLMAO. God, Frank, have mercy on our stomach. That's the best laugh I've had all month!
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:22 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Have you ever discussed Naziism, or communism, or child sexual abuse, or....

Don't put communism in there with those, you big bum! Smile

snood wrote:

From my discussion with frank, I would agree that this is not his opinion. I can't speak for all agnostics, as frank is doing here, but I can verify his statement, at least for himself. I tend to notice this line of thinking more in atheists (and particularly in myself).

And yet I still move forward and make a decision on the question, "Is there a god?" Acknowledging this does not stop one from moving forward.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:28 pm
The never ending: Whose side are you on, anyway?

In watching a movie last night about the IRA, I realized that there are genuine people who live checkered lives, and yet believe in nothing and everything. Strangely, I was thinking about SpiritualTravelAgent.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:48 pm
Oh, I forgot - no one can accurately state the agnostic position except Frank Apisa - not even Webster, or Collier's. And you'll have a hard time trying to pigeonhole my "religion", ole buddy, but go ahead. You probably think you have a real good handle on it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 02:02 pm
snood wrote:
Oh, I forgot - no one can accurately state the agnostic position except Frank Apisa - not even Webster, or Collier's. And you'll have a hard time trying to pigeonhole my "religion", ole buddy, but go ahead. You probably think you have a real good handle on it.

Once again, Snood misrepresents someone else's opinion...so that he can argue against his mischaracterization...instead of against the truth.

But that seems to be a habit with Snood...and obviously a habit he is having a hard time trying to break.

Nowhere have I ever even intimated that I am the only one who can accurately state the agnostic positon...so the sarcasm is inappropriate.

What I did in my last post was merely to let you know that you were wrong when you said, "I know that after an agnostic assures us that no one can be sure of anything for the millionth time..."

Actually...the statement makes no goddam sense at all. How can anyone, agnostic, atheists, theist or anyone else...ASSURE anyone that NO ONE CAN BE SURE OF ANYTHING...???

So it is absurd to suppose an agnostic would do it.

Anyway...that is just another example of Snood inventing things so that he can argue against his invention.

One would think that if a person goes to the trouble of inventing something...he would be careful enough to invent something that people will not laugh at.
0 Replies