Why we shouldn't believe in evolution.

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:05 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Ive read some of his posts on a "philosophy thread" Philoophy is easy to sound erudite and its lotsa "feel good intellectualism'. Science requires answers to real questions, and his questions are not compelling. They sound mostly like someone gave him a thesaurus and hes trying to use it.

he says[/ b]
[quote]
Probably the biggest mistake of evolutionists is convincing people that animals evolve. They don't evolve of course. They die out and others take their place [/quote].
I cant believe that he believes that evolution happens while an organism is sleeping. Darwin had identified 3 rules of natural selection, and one of them is "successive genertions".
I hope youre not taking bio in school right now, from your suppositions, you will not do well I predict.
0 Replies

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:22 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead

Reply report Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:05 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Still waiting for an answer to this:
hinge wrote:

jjwackjob wrote:

Species don't evolve. They become extinct. Others take their place.

Where do these other species come from? Or are you postulating that we started with a large number of species and as some become extinct the total number of species drops?"

-------------------------------

First, lets distinguish between "evolve" and "evolve out of - ".
The first is not applicable to species, otherwise there would be only one species.
The second could be applicable to species if we decide what to make of the phrase. My argument is that biology has not delivered a conceptually coherent idea or concept of evolution that could account for the arising of new species, so it defaults to the conceptual confusion of the first term ("evolve"). This is a conceptual lack, NOT an evidential lack.

Now if we want to make a start on solving it, then I am all for it.
hingehead

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:36 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
You're not answering my question

Where do these other species come from?

Are you postulating that we started with a large number of species and as some become extinct the total number of species drops?

If the total number of species is higher at any point in time then the number at an earlier point in time where did these species come from?
JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:44 pm
@hingehead,
You didn't understand my last response. I'll wait.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:02 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

hingehead

@JohnJonesCardiff,
hinge wrote:

jjwackjob wrote:

Where do these other species come from? Or are you postulating that we started with a large number of species and as some become extinct the total number of species drops?"

The first is not applicable to species, otherwise there would be only one species.
The second could be applicable to species if we decide what to make of the phrase. My argument is that biology has not delivered a conceptually coherent idea or concept of evolution that could account for the arising of new species, so it defaults to the conceptual confusion of the first term ("evolve"). This is a conceptual lack, NOT an evidential lack.

So you say, with nothing following to back up what you are presenting. Leaves nothing to discuss.
hingehead

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:12 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Biology is infinitely more coherent than you.
JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:02 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

hingehead

@JohnJonesCardiff,
hinge wrote:

jjwackjob wrote:

So you say, with nothing following to back up what you are presenting. Leaves nothing to discuss.

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/229586-2

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/229586-2
------------------------------

Yes, there is nothing to discuss. Yet so many scientists think that evolution is a topic that can be discussed, where we can find strange objects that never die.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:43 pm
@hingehead,
his arguments make as much sense as Cains wife. Where'd she come from?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:01 pm
Hey ... Is this a new incarnation of J Goldman?
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 10:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
If he wants some ideas about one of his AC/DC street fightin animals comic strips , lets make up some ****.
hingehead

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:01 pm
@farmerman,
I'm terrified that there's a university somewhere at which he is the best debater.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 01:35 am
I dare the original poster to state the theory of evolution. A minimum prerequisite for informed debate is to be able to state your opponent's position correctly.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 02:06 am
the problem with the human evolution story is that it is changing constantly and greatly. at this point i think all such stories are properly labeled "hypothesis"
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 02:59 am
Maybe some tiny detail about the exact sequence of human evolution changes as fossils are found, but the basic theory of evolution has been rock steady for many decades.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 03:02 am
@hawkeye10,
Jackass. It's a theory, not an hypothesis. It hasn't been falsified and it accounts for all the data. It just amazes me how often you shoot your idiot mouth off when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 03:05 am
And what is this piece of the theory that's been changing?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 05:04 am
@hawkeye10,
The "changing story" is based upon more detailed information. It hasn't changed appreciably. We always knew that certain of our fossil finds would be "cousins" and not direct members of our line. Should we just stop conducting foeld research so as to avid confusing folks like you?

I say no, lets just hope you can keep up and not get frustrated with "changes in the tree". Weve gone from having a line of human ancestors that would only fill a drawer to a growing line of evidence that needs a big room for it all to fit.
I think were looking for enough specimens of various ages that could fill a warehouse.
spendius

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 05:44 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think were looking for enough specimens of various ages that could fill a warehouse.

What for if you're happy the proof is solid already?

It sounds like expansion of the industry is the name of the game. Funds.

Don't you provide the same answers every time a new specimen is found?

What more will a warehouse full prove aside from your ability to extract more funds from Congress? Why not ten warehouses? Fifty?

Have you no ambition?

Elizabeth Taylor proved that you have nothing to fear from the Vatican.

From the replies on here from the usual suspects it looks like going over the same ground is the evolutionist's pet hobby.

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 06:46 am
@spendius,
one person is criticizing that we don't have enough data, Now you want to state that "enough is enough"?

Isnt it the date for your "Upper Class TWIT , post Boxing Day grouse hunt"?

I understand they hand out great tankards of amontillado to warm you up before going afield. Very English, get em loaded then give em a gun
contrex

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:50 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I understand they hand out great tankards of amontillado to warm you up before going afield. Very English, get em loaded then give em a gun

Don't knock amontillado, I like a drop of that!