So Saying That Folks Should Follow Christian Morals is NOW A Firing Offense

hawkeye10

Sun 26 Jan, 2014 04:53 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Have you watched Duck Dynasty?

no, I got bored with "reality tv" over ten years ago, after watching one too many seasons of Real World. The wife likes this crap though, and at this point her putting Survivor on the TV will send me fleeing from the room.

I was reading that the interest in DD was headed south by end of last summer, that what we are seeing is the continuation of a trend that the controversy did not arrest. I think it very likely that you are correct that the premise of this show is thin even by "reality" tv standards.
Sitara

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:23 am
@hawkeye10,
I dont understand the problem. i dont understand what he said. Where can i find a transcript?
firefly

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:55 am
@Sitara,
You're not familiar with Google?
0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 12:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Its probably more popular in southern states where people emphasize with their views and lifestyle. Although they're not really typical, (all bearded men in one family ....), their views and some of the things they do are pretty common in the more remote country part of the southern states.
IRFRANK

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:22 pm
@revelette2,
I've lived here in upper SC for 25 years and have never met anyone like the folks in DD. They are a stereotype, characters. Certainly characters like that may exist. These folks are supposed to be in Louisiana I guess. I think they are playing a role. But who knows? They may be real. I've met some strange folks, here in SC and also in Ohio where I'm from originally.
0 Replies