Why do people deny evolution?

camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:46 am
@Olivier5,
Many, but you are too much the coward to face them. But hey, that's just you, Olivier.
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:59 am
@camlok,
Okay so that was just a vague insult thrown my way. Thanks for clarifying...
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:45 pm
Here is your notice, Olivier. Show everyone that you are not an intellectual coward.

https://able2know.org/topic/369947-57#post-6714371

You have also received a PM with the same info.
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:57 pm
@camlok,
9/11 conspiracies are for losers. I've already entertained your sinister lot for many months and said everything I had to say on the subject. Find another sucker for that tired peep show of yours.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 01:50 pm
@Olivier5,
What facts have you provided on your so-far unsubstantiated claim that h.s.s. exterminated h.n.?
camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 02:54 pm
@Setanta,

@Olivier5,

Setanta: What facts have you provided on your so-far unsubstantiated claim that h.s.s. exterminated h.n.?

Trump, questioning Nixon on his lies.
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 03:28 pm
@camlok,
Hey why don't you two start an Olivier fanclub?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 03:52 pm
@Setanta,
I have pointed at the limited genetic traces of h.n. in modern Europeans (never more than 4%) as an indication that the two populations were not on friendly terms with one another, on average. I have pointed at our species' proven appetite for mass slaughter throughout history, and at the mass extinctions of large mammals and birds following our species' colonisation of one continent after the next during the quaternary extinction event:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_extinction_event

Finally, the coincidence between Cro Magnon going into Central and Western Europe and the decline of neanderthal circa -40.000 yr pleads for a causal relationship between the two events.

Setanta

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 04:01 pm
@Olivier5,
I find that all very unconvincing, and it constitutes speculation, not evidence. The Israelis have a quite well-developed archaeological site where h.n. arrived after h.s.s., and where the two lived side-by-side with no evidence of violence for many centuries. The most prominent feature of the excavation was the examination of the middens. The h.n. middens contained predominantly the detritus of hunting, and much less evidence of forage foods than was the case with the h.s.s. middens. Additionally, the h.s.s. middens contained evidence of the use of fish and shellfish, which was completely absent from the h.n. middens. I think it far more likely that h.n. was unable to effectively compete for resources in the longterm, while the diversity of food sources, especially forage foods, used by h.s.s. got them more surely through the lean times. If the evidence which has been found is correct, h.n. went extinct as the last phase of the last ice age closed in.

Once again, you offer speculation, not evidence.
Olivier5

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:27 am
@Setanta,
Paleontology is often speculative, due to the rarity of unequivocal evidence.

However, there's solid evidence that some neanderthals ate shellfish, so your theory doesn't work.

https://m.phys.org/news/2011-09-neanderthals-ate-shellfish-years.html

Quote:
h.n. was unable to effectively compete for resources in the longterm

Unable to compete with whom?
Setanta

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 01:52 am
@Olivier5,
You haven't been paying attention, have you?

Have fun with your never-ending quest to argue with people online.
Olivier5

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 02:47 am
@Setanta,
YOU tried to argue with me and failed miserably here. I provided evidence that neanderthal would eat shellfish, and now you're left with nothing to say...

Go sulk in your corner.
Setanta

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 04:43 am
@Olivier5,
Once again, it was about the content of the middens. The Israelis did not find evidence in the h.m. middens of the use of fish or shellfish. They did find a very low proportion of forage foods in the h.n. middens. Go rant at the Israelis. I'm sure they'd love to argue with you. That's all you do.
camlok

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 08:53 am
@Olivier5,
... due to the rarity of Olivier unequivocal evidence or any evidence.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:01 am
@Setanta,
Gotta side with Olivier here. He DID provide evidence. He was arguing from fact.
farmerman

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:14 am
@MontereyJack,
I think both conditions are correct. In Toremelinos caverns they found shell middens associated with neanderthals.In the middens were mostly mussel shells. Inland evidence shows no shells in middens. Our H.n. cousins , like us, were opportunistic feeders.
I dont think a firm argument about dietary xclusivity can be made.

My dogs arent involved though, more seafood for me.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:35 am
@Setanta,
The Israelis found what they found, but the Spaniards found something else:

Quote:
Neanderthals ate shellfish 150,000 years ago: study
September 15, 2011

Neanderthal cavemen supped on shellfish on the Costa del Sol 150,000 years ago, punching a hole in the theory that modern humans alone ate brain-boosting seafood so long ago, a new study shows. The discovery in a cave near Torremolinos in southern Spain was about 100,000 years older than the previous earliest evidence of Neanderthals consuming seafood.

https://m.phys.org/news/2011-09-neanderthals-ate-shellfish-years.html

It's perfectly possible that some neanderthal populations ate shellfish and others not, mind you, depending on availability and scores of other factors.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:36 am
@MontereyJack,
Thanks MJ. Good to see Set ain't pulling the wool over everybody's eyes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 12:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
He was ignoring the evidence of the Israeli archaeological site to which I referred. He continues to ignore the evidence that h.n. relied far less on forage foods than h.s.s.--and that is a crucial point in the speculation I offered.

But he will never acknowledge that because he only comes online to argue. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the topic, so long as he can create an argument
Olivier5

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 01:10 pm
@Setanta,
I referred to your Israeli dig in Post: # 6,714,847.
0 Replies