Why do people deny evolution?

Setanta

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 09:48 pm
@brianjakub,
That's a political statement, not a biological description. I am not surprised that you don't understand that.
camlok

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 09:58 pm
@Setanta,
I think it was connected to the post previous to the one you are referencing here, which was also his own post.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:22 pm
@camlok,
As far as I can tell from your posts, you are accusing peop;le of not accepting science and not relly be scientists when they reject the 9/11 truther conspiracy theory that 9/11 had nothing to do with Islamic terrorists flying planes into the WTC but was in fact a fslse flag operation, and they adduce "science" so-called to support that wacko belief. If you rejin fact a false flag operation nd the WTC were leveled by bombs planted thefre.
they torture facts to try to fit into their theory, neglecting the fact that within days of the events calculations showed that several hundred ton planes laden with jet fuel flying well above stall speed and crashing into new and untested monocoque construction skyscrapers at several hundred miles an hour and being stopped short in a hundred feet or so, created a HUGE conversion of kinecti energy into friction and thermal energy and would have generated heat and contained energy in a small space fully caplabe of causing the weakening over a few minutes of the support structure and its subsequeny cokllapse. You guys are the ones with the goofball science, not the farmermans of the world..
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:47 am
@brianjakub,
Homo sapiens is responsible for the sixth mass extinction. Neanderthal was only one among the vast number of species we drove to extinction.

Quote:
The Holocene extinction, otherwise referred to as the Sixth extinction or Anthropocene extinction, is the ongoing extinction event of species during the present Holocene epoch, mainly as a result of human activity.[1] The large number of extinctions spans numerous families of plants and animals, including mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and arthropods. With widespread degradation of highly biodiverse habitats such as coral reefsand rainforests, as well as other areas, the vast majority of these extinctions are thought to be undocumented, as no one is even aware of the existence of the species before they go extinct, or no one has yet discovered their extinction. The current rate of extinction of species is estimated at 100 to 1,000 times higher than natural background rates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction

Setanta

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 02:58 am
There is absolutely no evidence that h.s.s. drove h.n. to extinction. You have attempted to peddle that bullshit since you first showed up here. You claims is wonderfully evidence free.
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 03:41 am
@Setanta,
Whenever Homo sapiens reached a new place, a mass extinction hasfollowed. How would you explain that?
Setanta

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 04:05 am
@Olivier5,
I don't have to explain anything--you're the one who is claiming, specifically, that h.s.s. was responsible for the extinction of h.n. You have provided no evidence for that.
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 04:11 am
@Setanta,
The evidence is that Homo sapiens has historically been the cause of a large number of extinctions, and that Neanderthal's disappearance closely followed Sapiens' entrance into Europe.
Setanta

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 04:40 am
@Olivier5,
H.s.s. and h.n. were both present in Europe and in southwest Asia (what we call the middle east) thousands of years before the disappearance of h.n. In fact, the current majority opinion is that both h.s.s. and h.n. reached northern Eurasia at least 40,000 ybp, and possibly earlier. H.n. is believed to have died out between 35,000 ybp and 30,000 ybp--which is thousands of years after both species arrived in Europe (although it is not really appropriate to call h.n. and h.s.s. different species as they are known to have successfully interbred). If your bullshit were correct, the fact that it took Cro Magnon thousands of years to wipe our h.n. makes them look pretty damned incompetent. But what is really hilarious here, is that you say: "The evidence is . . . " Oh yeah? Can you provide a source for that evidence? Have you got a link for that?

David Reich of Harvard University along with geneticists from Oxford University produced a genetic map of human migration in Eurasia in 2011. Additionally, Reich's research team have found a good deal of evidence that h.n. interbred with Denisovans as well as h.s.s. (it is not even clear that Denisovans are distinct from h.s.s., and remains of h.s.s. and Denisovan "hybrids" dating back 90,000 ybp were found about a decade ago). The most recent discovery has set the world of human paleo-genetic studies on its ear, as a teen-aged female has been discovered in a cave in Siberia with about 50-50 h.n. and Denisovan genetic material. I frankly don't believe you know a goddamned thing about this subject. I'll just remind myself of your comment at Fluther that you come online because you like to argue--to which I would add that you never seem to have anything to back up your bullshit.
camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 05:22 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You[sic] claims is[sic] wonderfully evidence free.

Oh, your grand hypocrisy, Setanta!
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 05:42 am
@MontereyJack,
Your "scientific analysis" is total crap, MJ, drivel, utter nonsense. Take it to where it is being discussed, where you can hear actual science from over three thousand science professionals.

Science professionals who actually discuss the science and the facts, unlike farmerman, Setanta, Olivier, ... and the rest of the science deniers.

I'll even move it for you.

DONE.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 05:46 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Setanta: There is absolutely no evidence that h.s.s. drove h.n. to extinction.

Next post.

Quote:
I don't have to explain anything--you're the one who is claiming, specifically, that h.s.s. was responsible for the extinction of h.n. You have provided no evidence for that.

Ummmmm, Setanta, you made a specific claim, above, in bold.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 06:46 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Neanderthal was only one among the vast number of species we drove to extinction.

We should all be grateful to whoever annihilated the Neanderthal...

Vendramini reconstruction:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/fd/c6/e1fdc6e0becea1e54ace10219a63c44a.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/icebear46/dvneanderx800600_zps5f095e0b.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 06:47 am
https://sciencerefutesevolution.blogspot.com/2018/09/dna-doesnt-determine-phenotype-or.html
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:38 am
@Setanta,
You always repeat the same old lie. You may wish to invent new ones once in a while. Or you could recognise that there are worse people in this world than little me, worthier of your anger than I am.
Setanta

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:41 am
@Olivier5,
Don't try that lame old trick with me--I'm not angry and you're not that important. It is not a lie, and you well know it. It would not surprise if you had gone back to Fiuther to edit out that comment. I saw it within minutes of you posting it. You come online because you like to argue. You rarely to never have any substantiation for your claims.

I'm still waiting for you evidence to support a claim that h.s.s. exterminated h.n.
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:56 am
@Setanta,
It is a blatant lie that I only come here to 'argue', and it's a lie that I would have said as much on Fluther. I regularly provide facts, ideas and perspectives that I am told are not without value to other posters. You chose to see only the arguments, but that's your choice.

camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:41 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You rarely to never have any substantiation for your claims.

The kettle calling the pot black. Setanta, how can you be such a hypocrite?

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you evidence to support a claim that h.s.s. exterminated h.n.

I have pointed out to you that I have also been waiting for you to provide evidence, reply to your lies, address your dishonesty.

More of your hypocrisy, Set.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:42 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
It is a blatant lie that I only come here to 'argue',

No, it isn't, Olivier. You often argue without having anything of merit in your quiver.
Olivier5

Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:43 am
@camlok,
Do you got a specific case in point?