Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Thu 1 May, 2014 07:00 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
I have.
Hardly. You've only posted **** by Creationists so Im assuming that you've not read anything from biologists paleontologists,geneticists who actually do research in the fields of evolution and development.

Ive looked at both sides because I teach kids who are learning a craft, not a religion .

Belive it r not, you've not presented anything even remotely new, its all been retread, repackaged and redefecated by all those creationist groups whose only desire is mind control for Jezus.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 07:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You've only posted **** by Creationists s

This one is hilarious, THANK YOU!

You see I am not a creationst myself, however, they have very good arguments against the religion called evolution!

You can't dismiss a post only because it is from a 'creationist'
Don't you really see the dumbness in all you write?
It is getting funnier by the hour!

If a parrot did post here with a good argument., it is valid. I can't say that is wrong bcause it is posted by a parrot!

But it is everywhere the same, because all the 'evolutionst' are simply programmed with the same programme. Namely;

'evolutuion is true, and everyone who doesn't agree doesn't understand evolution'

Yeah right, just a dumb way to stiffle critics, nothing more.

But, there is more.

It is also about the 'first domino' offcourse.

If, and I don't think so, you catch my drift.
parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 07:51 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

So, you have done your reserach in this area I guess? Wink

I have.

I know, I know.

Since you have done your research I am still waiting for the math you promised would prove evolution can't occur. I asked for it several days ago. You don't seem to be forthcoming with the evidence. It seems to be the standard procedure of people like you that claim evolution is a hoax. You provide less evidence to support your claim than there is in support of evolution while claiming your side has mounds of evidence and evolution has none.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 07:56 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The CMI has discovered that coaching a bunch of Creationists whove never actually been really involved with their supposed sciences has a HUUUGE payback in book sales.
ITs the marketing gimmick that allowed CMI to mine the rich veins of science illiteracy that lives out there.
It used to be the "Cornerstone Ministries" would publish and sell maybe 10000 copies of some paper back about "The Flood" or Morrisons "Flood Geology", and theyd consider it a success. When guys like von Deniken showed that it was possible to make huge sales in pushing books based on dubious facts, the CMI subsumed the Cornerstone Folks and the Aamonsens started funding the "Discovery Institute to become huuge publishing houses whose main products were based on the motto of;

"Lets push this crap as science and not as Christianity"

Then CMI ,ICS, and Discovery began to sponsor actual bogus research in the early 1990's (a few years after the US Supreme Court knee capped the Institute of Creation SCience for teaching Creationism in the schools of Louisiana).
They all began publishing two kinds of books
1Easily understood basic "reasoning science" that disputed Biology and Geology

2More advanced texts abut some tiny point of scientific inquiry in the hopes of boring us to death with minutae (minutae that was easily dismissed by workers in the field)

These books became great sellers and theres an entire market for this stuff .The publishing houses love to be spectators of a really good debate in which some huckster would take apart a scientists work by bogus talk points.

ALL the resewrch Institutes that are supposed to be active in providing "PROOF" that intelligent Design governs the UNIVERSE, have yet to publish anything (and its been almost 15 years since they've announced their research programs)

maybe theyre just about selling bullshit books to the true believers

As I said, you are gettting funier by the hour.
This post of you is so full of crap, it is unbelievable, and I even won't get into it. because like a little child you are jumping to the most absurd and illogical conclusion most of the time. It is waste of your own time, really, if you ask me.

One after another stupid thing that is completely wrong.

But well, it is a way of defending this idiotic evolution religion.

Right?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 07:57 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive looked at both sides because I teach kids who are learning a craft, not a religion .

ok ok what in the hell do you learn them?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 07:58 am
@parados,
your funny too.

I posted a book where you can read it all if you want to, but somewhere, deep down I know you won't and that is called Cognitive Dissonance
edgarblythe

Thu 1 May, 2014 08:10 am
@Quehoniaomath,
So far, since I've been looking in here, you have only posted wiseguy remarks and zero facts.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 08:49 am
@edgarblythe,
I know, you don't seem to look very good!!

But thanks for sharing. Wink
spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 08:50 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Don't you really see the dumbness in all you write?

It is not only dumb Q. It is ridiculous. It sets out to alienate a large section of the population, including the political class, and expends all its efforts on preaching to the derisory minority which already agrees with it and is comfortable with the banal circularities with which it invariably proceeds and which pretends not to notice them. Or I hope so because if it doesn't notice them there is little to be said.

It is self-defeating. That's what's funny.

Open minded bystanders must find the bad tempered tone, the crude elitism and pompous certainty quite repulsive. It is as if the intention is not to influence a general readership and to remain firmly wallowing in the status of naughty oddball with sneering excellence. And without actually being all that odd or even very naughty. And not that good at sneering either. The excellence being taken for granted.

Such respectable revolutionaries will be ruthlessly purged, if the revolution succeeds, by the real power seekers who are content to wait in ambush not being partial to gamma-grunting spade-work.

Their poets such as, Swinburne and Baudelaire, were sold out to--

Quote:
For this serene and sublime sorceress there is no life but of the body; with spirit (if spirit there be) she can dispense.

Which is Swinburne writing on the painting by Rossetti "Lady Lilith". Even such a sympathiser as Rossetti baulked at the "utterly ignoble" manner of the propaganda. The majority was up for prosecuting the buggers.

The obvious nobility of Jesus's character can only be impugned by the ignoble.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 08:53 am
@spendius,
I agree with the dumbness offcourse, not with the fairytale of jesus christ.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 09:11 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive looked at both sides because I teach kids who are learning a craft, not a religion

I will ask again, what are you learning those kids?
are you in the 'educational profession" so to speak?
If so , I sincerly hope you are not!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 09:19 am
@farmerman,
owww ok he is a "geologist" that means he is indoctrinated very vey deep in the conventional system and scientism!

now I know!

Explains a LOT! Wink

parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 09:37 am
@Quehoniaomath,
So you haven't done the math. You only read a book where someone claimed to do the math. That is different. What if the person who wrote that book got their math wrong? What if I can prove they got it wrong?

Here is a simple math exercise to show how they got it wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem
parados

Thu 1 May, 2014 09:42 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

your funny too.

I posted a book where you can read it all if you want to, but somewhere, deep down I know you won't and that is called Cognitive Dissonance

Let's look and see where you would have responded to me with the book.

No book reference here:
http://able2know.org/topic/229102-45#post-5649773
Quehoniaomath wrote:

so you never done it, right? Wink

And no book reference in this last post to me.
I am curious where you think you posted a book in reference to the math question I posed for you.
edgarblythe

Thu 1 May, 2014 10:40 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I will leave you to people with time for nonsense. I quickly tire of stupidity.
Frank Apisa

Thu 1 May, 2014 10:49 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I'm getting the sense that you are asserting a variation of: "They are wrong, I am right"...or..."They think they know, but I know they are wrong."

Can you give a concise statement of your guesses about the REALITY of existence...and YOUR reasons for thinking your guesses are better than theirs? Obviously, you may limit your guesses just to the question of evolution if you choose.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 11:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
??????????

I think I have stated why the evolutionhoax was made and by whom.

if that isn't enough, what is?
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 11:38 am
@parados,
so you haven't seen the books posted here??????????????????

very strange indeed.

maybe read the thread one more time, it is there. Wink
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 11:39 am
@edgarblythe,
well, where is the stupidity then?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 1 May, 2014 11:46 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

??????????

I think I have stated why the evolutionhoax was made and by whom.

if that isn't enough, what is?

When dealing with these issues, I am not interested in quotes from conspiracy theorists any more than I am interested in quotes from the Bible.

I truly am interesting in what YOU think, Q...in your words.

Let me try a specific:

Is there a God? (And if you are just guessing, please let me know that you are just guessing.)