Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:32 am
@rosborne979,
LOL

This one is really really funny!

Thanx!

In the meantime lots of logical fallacies offcourse.

Quote:
Because it uses so long it is true
. Well, really?

Quote:
Because we can't teach biology without it
. Well That a nice illustration of circular reasoning. wow

There is a lot surpressed that goes against evolution.

And, because people are indoctrinated with this **** from when they began at their schooling ( appropiately called: indoctrination), it is a deeply ingrained belief, nothing more, nothing less.

The slaves are convinced now . Wink

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:53 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
"Ive yet to find any anti-evolution person who even understands what evolution is"

you are very funny, but do not think or use logic at all now, do you?

https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1332411294l/7914201.jpg

Quote:
Richard Dawkins is the world's best-known champion of both atheism and its intellectual underpinning, particles-to-people evolution. His latest book, The Greatest Show on Earth: the evidence for evolution is touted as an unanswerable challenge to those who believe in divine creation. In the past, he says, he has assumed evolution; this time he lays out in one major book the evidence for evolution (and its corollary, vast geological ages). Now scientist, chess master and logician Jonathan Sarfati Ph.D. FM goes head to head with Dawkins in this full-on rebuttal, The Greatest Hoax on Earth? Refuting Dawkins on Evolution. Sarfati is no lightweight opponent; his Refuting Evolution at over 500,000 in print is the biggest-selling creationist book ever. In his crisp, highly readable trademark style, Sarfati's sheer competence relentlessly erodes each of Dawkins' claims and in the process, exposes the logical fallacies and even some of the dubious tactics employed. It's precisely those who feel smug in the belief that all the intellectual firepower is on the side of evolution who most need to read Sarfati's book if only to understand better why it i s that there are thousands of scientists and intellectuals today who are convinced that biblical creation outguns evolution in a fair science showdown, stripped bare of rhetoric and ideological 'noise'.

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Earth-Refuting-Dawkins-Evolution/dp/1921643064/ref=pd_sim_b_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=03XKK3QP0X85Y6W34S32

Now, I am not a Bible believer myself ( the Bible was written by the Piso family, nothing really happened), but this here above shows that your statement is simply wrong Hint: use Google next time, girly Wink
spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:58 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
. Well That a nice illustration of circular reasoning. wow

Wait until you have been here a bit Q. You'll get used to it.

Quote:
another spendi post with self esteem aplenty but nothing substantive.

How about that one? And fm is the leading light. That is the definitive answer to my question when critical thinking and logical reasoning have been brought to bear by a scientific expert.

It is quite amusing I agree.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:13 am
@spendius,
Quote:

I already am. Wink

Quote:

Yep. I don't take most here not too seriously, most are ingrained with rather fundamenel beliefs (bordering on the fundamental) in their religion called
"scientism", hence they are not able to think clearly and logically.

spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:24 am
@Quehoniaomath,
There may well be other reasons. Take a look at ros's profile.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:36 am
@spendius,
I did, it stated 'skeptic' is that what you mean?
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
About a year ago, Green Witch (I think) stated something that "Ive yet to find any anti-evolution person who even understands what evolution is"
This thread and its participants sure makes her the winner

O boy here we go again, ah well.

Quote:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516yTZdcdYL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Dr. John Ashton Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Sciences at Victoria University, Melbourne, and Adjunct Professor of Applied Sciences at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University, the largest Australian tertiary institution. He holds a BSc (Honors) with prize in chemistry and PhD in epistemology (a branch of philosophy dealing with the limits of knowledge), also with prize, from the University of Newcastle and an MSc in chemistry from the University of Tasmania. Dr. Ashton is a Chartered Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, and a former Honorary Associate in the School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences at the University of Sydney. He also served as editor of three books related to science and faith issues, including the much-cited In Six Days: Why 50 Scientists Choose to Believe in Creation.

So, very obviously your saying doesn't hold any ground whatsoever.
btw why not do research BEFORE such statements? Wink

edgarblythe

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:51 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Purty picture. But you posted no facts.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:55 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Purty picture. But you posted no facts.

well you obviously didn't read the text that came with it now, did you?
But well, what else is new?
And if you did read the text and this is your conclusion? wow!
That tells me a lot! Wink

0 Replies

spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:14 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
I did, it stated 'skeptic' is that what you mean?

Partly. It was the persona make-up that I noticed most.

There is a self-congratulatory tone in all the verbal productions of evolutionists (see Dawkins) which bodes ill for them taking anything over. Even a hot dog stand.

My position is that justifications for infractions of the Christian teaching on sexual behaviour is the sole driving force. It can't possibly be science. How can science be a factor when wall-to-wall, once round, circularities are in play to the exclusion of all else. Albeit that the infractions are at a very low level of development.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:15 am
The link congratulates the author for refuting evolution, but every hard core religious person thinks they are doing that. I would not be surprised to learn you have not read the book yourself.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:15 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:

I already am. Wink

Quote:

Yep. I don't take most here not too seriously, most are ingrained with rather fundamenel beliefs (bordering on the fundamental) in their religion called
"scientism", hence they are not able to think clearly and logically.

I'm getting the sense that you are asserting a variation of: "They are wrong, I am right"...or..."They think they know, but I know they are wrong."

Can you give a concise statement of your guesses about the REALITY of existence...and YOUR reasons for thinking your guesses are better than theirs? Obviously, you may limit your guesses just to the question of evolution if you choose.
farmerman

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:34 am
@Quehoniaomath,
It is possible to live a reasonably productive life without understanding science that underpins evolution. It would not include , of course, any functional contributions to science and medicine since evolution is the clearly provable foundation of biology.

Listing John Sarfati as a "credible witness" is laughable. Hes a fraudulent huckster of Creationism. (A worldview that is based upon a strict belief in Fundamentalist Christianity and a strict belief in the Christian Bible as history. ) He still hawks a historical belief that a Universal Flood had occurred. His only scientific training was his PhD diss on a spectroscopic analysis of a specific metal crystal structure. HES DONE NOTHING in any science since. Hes found it way easier to push the "science" of creationism (He professes a Historical Genesis without evidence and his evidence that he posts is silliness)

Ive listend to his talks and have even used a series of tapes of his to present to undergraduate stratigraphy classes in the past.
The presentation of his stuff is easily debunked by undergraduate kids who understand their basics. His"Science" arguments have always been unreproduceable and evidence-free.

You will always have hucksters of the "Faith" who will publish this kind of science sounding drivvle. I fully expet you to next produce some optical crystallography work by Steve Austen who also became a Creationist after not receiving tenure .
Sarfati keeps Richard Dawkins busy since Dawkins has made himself some kind of banner holder when he too, is guilty of thrumming his own cases from dubious evidence connections. Yet Dawkins, as annoying as he is, is much closer to full fact than is Safarti.

Theres a recent book by Safarti called "15 REASONS TO TAKE GENESIS AS HISTORY" Its full of quarter truths and nothing that isn't smelling of Fundamentalist "code talk". It is highly enjoyable and , if his are the best arguments out there, the "culture wars" are over.

Hes one of those guilty of supporting (by mild reference) bogus C14 sampling of Cretaceous fossils and claiming they are less than 50000 yBp
The very first samples analyzed were covered in shellac (probably 1930 age ) and more recent fossils had been taken in desert deposits where periodic storm water had inundated the fossils and left behind Carbonate rich evaporitic deposits of stuff like Pyrrsohnite and natron in the pores of the fossil substance. So all of the fossils to date have been reading new lacquer or new carbonate minerals full of new C14. Yet, none of these matters were disclosed to the labs who did the analyses. As far as has been determined, the labs were "kept out" of the QA process/.
Objective SCience?. its a fraud similar to the carved footprints of "Humans" in the Paluxy dinosaur beds of Texas.

The summary of Creationism "s science" has been tried in US courts and has been found severely lacking in anything compelling.

ALL court cases(Including the USSC) say all this Creationist bullshit is NOT to be included within science disciplines of our public schools. SO many newly hatched parochial schools (based upon Fundamentalist Christianity), will teach "Bible Science" and skirt the state requirements against "religion being dressed up as science"

Setanta

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:38 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
( the Bible was written by the Piso family, nothing really happened)

This is the kind of **** that just cracks me up. You can't make **** like this up. The entertainment value of this site is incredible.
spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Obviously, you may limit your guesses just to the question of evolution if you choose.

There is a chasm between evolution and the manifesto which logically derives from it and which most evolutionists agree is out of order. Evolution is a recipe for what Spengler called herrin morale which is in operation in city based media centres.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:00 am
@Quehoniaomath,
The CMI has discovered that coaching a bunch of Creationists whove never actually been really involved with their supposed sciences has a HUUUGE payback in book sales.
ITs the marketing gimmick that allowed CMI to mine the rich veins of science illiteracy that lives out there.
It used to be the "Cornerstone Ministries" would publish and sell maybe 10000 copies of some paper back about "The Flood" or Morrisons "Flood Geology", and theyd consider it a success. When guys like von Deniken showed that it was possible to make huge sales in pushing books based on dubious facts, the CMI subsumed the Cornerstone Folks and the Aamonsens started funding the "Discovery Institute to become huuge publishing houses whose main products were based on the motto of;

"Lets push this crap as science and not as Christianity"

Then CMI ,ICS, and Discovery began to sponsor actual bogus research in the early 1990's (a few years after the US Supreme Court knee capped the Institute of Creation SCience for teaching Creationism in the schools of Louisiana).
They all began publishing two kinds of books
1Easily understood basic "reasoning science" that disputed Biology and Geology

2More advanced texts abut some tiny point of scientific inquiry in the hopes of boring us to death with minutae (minutae that was easily dismissed by workers in the field)

These books became great sellers and theres an entire market for this stuff .The publishing houses love to be spectators of a really good debate in which some huckster would take apart a scientists work by bogus talk points.

ALL the resewrch Institutes that are supposed to be active in providing "PROOF" that intelligent Design governs the UNIVERSE, have yet to publish anything (and its been almost 15 years since they've announced their research programs)

maybe theyre just about selling bullshit books to the true believers
spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
It is possible to live a reasonably productive life without understanding science that underpins evolution.

That's a bit patronising fm. It sounds like Mustapha Mond talking about the Gammas.
farmerman

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:11 am
@spendius,
well, he was right. We need gammas, and delta minuses. Not everyone can be a Marine.
spendius

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:37 am
@farmerman,
I didn't know that Marines are all evolutionists.

Quote:
Rear Admiral Margaret Grun Kibben, CHC, USN, is the 18th Chaplain of the United States Marine Corps and is the Deputy Chief of Navy Chaplains.

Is she an evolutionist?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:47 am
@Setanta,
So, you have done your reserach in this area I guess? Wink

I have.

I know, I know.