5 Dollars will do it - even 1 Dollar will !

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 10:05 am
@chai2,
aawwww, we know how hard it is right now for your, sweetie and as Joe Nation said on facebook - it can happen to any of us, and it really can. So, if we just stop and put ourselves in your shoes, we would welcome any help
as well.
I am so glad that you can stay in your place and can pay the rent for now and have electricity and can spend Christmas without worry - at least for a day!

We are all rooting for you, girl! After all, it takes a village....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 10:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
Ah Spanky, now I get the picture!
Unfortunately, over here at the pond, we don't learn our lesson. We just file bankruptcy and for a while we don't get any credit cards, but within a year or two they start sending them again and the vicious cycle starts anew. Of course, ultimately we all pay for the sins of a few, but as the spending escalates and the "few" turn into hundred of thousands, even credit institutions have become more conservative in their selection.

Yet, not conservative enough! My daughter barely turned 18, and here she is bombarded with credit cards. It's a shame that they prey on the young just before they have learned how to cope with money. My kid just got her first paycheck from her after school job, and here are the sharks waiting......
good thing she has a German mother Wink
----

Since we're talking about money, how about a little donation for a good cause? One Dollar today, two tomorrow, three the day after tomorrow and so on....

http://www.gofundme.com/Her-Safe-Place
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 02:51 pm
I'm considering doing a sponsored naked run, with a hot flannel in my mouth.
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 02:57 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I'd pay to see that
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 03:19 pm
@Mame,
When Ruby passed, Ms SheWolf, was there "on face book" with a message for me. I only briefly had the chance to meet her, "so to speak", here, 2 years ago, plus 2 months Smile

Someone that giving, in my books deserves to be given back... Pleased to see it's almost $1200 now...

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 03:55 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Hellooooooo,

We all pay to see that, Spanky!! Prepare yourself and get the olive oil out!!
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 03:58 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You've been very generous, Found Soul, and thanks to you it's almost
$ 1200 now. You're a sweetheart, what can I say! Why don't we have a heart emoticon here as we do on facebook?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 11:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
<3 (shift 3) >3 --------- let's pretend ---------that's the heart isn't it? Razz

I'll be following the link until it's over ....! x PS awesome Christmas Card Wink
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 04:53 am
@CalamityJane,
I've gone out and bought a litre of good quality nut oil, a new flannel and a kettle.

I shall now wait for slightly warmer weather.

I shall also bump this thread and ask people to think about doing an extra nice thing this Christmas....read from page 1 for details.

Or just jump in and use the link.....

Help put a smile on someone's face this Xmas.

Please?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 10:29 am
@Lordyaswas,
Waiting for slightly warmer weather in England means we're talking years here...
but we're prepared to wait for you, no matter what. Twisted Evil

In the meantime, we could collect single Dollar bills and put it to better use than holding out for our Chippendale here, spend it instead here

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 07:39 pm
@CalamityJane,
Well, if you have been following shewolf's site then you know already that she will be evicted from her place regardless - luckily it won't be before Christmas.

I hope she will use all the public resources that are available to her, starting from a public defender to public housing and so on. We did help her in the interim and I sincerely hope, she and her little girl are pulling through this.
My fingers are crossed for you, shewolf - stay strong!
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 08:36 pm
@CalamityJane,
She had the first of her days in court. Details can be seen on the Her Safe Place site as well as Facebook.

Grandma did not win, but neither did Shewolf. The case is still open, Shewolf was not allowed to present today the history of harassment and abuse behind this latest upheaval. Lots more to be presented at a later time.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 09:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
I don't know the particulars, Butrflynet, but what I don't understand is that grandma has so much cloud. I mean she is only grandma to the child and if the father has no custody issues, why is grandma interfering and why is she getting so much power?
roger

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 10:22 pm
@CalamityJane,

I don't understand a bit of it. I don't see how granny has any legal standing. Really, it could be a judge trying to be open minded. In other words, that business of the two of them consulting with one another, or however it was phrased, might just have been well intended advice couched in firm legal language.

Oh, maybe granny is trying to dump Bean into some sort of foster situation out of splite.

I was in a remotely analogous position where guardian (myself) and conservator were advised by a judge that we might consult with a particular third party. We both rejected the advice. I won't go further into it online, but reject it we did.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:53 am
I don't really umderstand how granny can cause all this trouble, unless she's lied or disorted the truth just enough to cause complications.
If it can be shown that she's lied, or has obviously tried to manipulate the court, surely there is some way of bringing her to task for such behaviour?

I see some more donations have arrived, but would love for a millionaire to happen upon the site and sort out all her problems once and for all, as no-one deserves to go through this crappola....especially when they're good guys like wolfie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 09:19 am
@CalamityJane,
I agree re inquiring re public defender and public housing.

Complete bummer, I am so sorry about this development.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 07:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I don't know the particulars, Butrflynet, but what I don't understand is that grandma has so much cloud. I mean she is only grandma to the child and if the father has no custody issues, why is grandma interfering and why is she getting so much power?

I wish I knew a lawyer in Texas. I have a few lawyer friends in CA and FL and they say grandparents have no rights, unless of course they have the money to hire a good attorney to make the parent look bad and try to gain custody.
jcboy

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 08:14 pm
@jcboy,
Check out Debra Laws post in this thread.

http://able2know.org/topic/39271-1

Quote:
Grandparent visitation
Grandparent visitation laws in some states have been declared unconstitutional after the U.S. Supreme Court considered the subject matter in Toxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000).

http://laws.findlaw.com/us/530/57.html

Generally, a fit parent has the fundamental right to the care, custody, and control of his/her children to the exclusion of all others. Read the case.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 11:16 pm
@jcboy,
Well, that's what I thought too, jcboy. Grandparents usually have no rights as long as the parent is fit and able to care for the child. Plus there should be a public defender and some public resources available to shewolf. She definitely qualifies for public assistance, she just needs to research what to do and where to go.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 11:49 pm
That site has the potential for being grossly abused.

It would be nice if we might have the mother-in-law's perspective.