5 Dollars will do it - even 1 Dollar will !

chai2

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 12:53 pm
@jcboy,
This is so exciting.

I'm going to have to have a lie down.

I feel like we should pull our Jerry Lewis telethon material.

Seriously, keep it coming!
jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:13 pm
@chai2,
Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.

Anne Frank
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 02:45 pm
@jcboy,
I know, I do too, jcboy!
People are compassionate and they are helping and I think it is so much easier to help when they can put a face to it and know whom they're helping.

Thank you, thank you to all the people who have helped, to the ones who are contemplating and also to the ones who wish shewolf well.

If you don't know "shewolf" and like to get to know her, please read some of her old postings here. I just re-read some of them and I also came across her website she posted on her profile here at a2k, so I think I can post it here too. She is a very talented photographer - really a natural talent! Would she live in my neighborhood, I'd definitely hire her!!
Her pictures are so expressive - see for yourself!

www.mnkimages.com/

roger

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 03:41 pm
@CalamityJane,
I have exactly one photo of myself that isn't outright embarassing. By Shewolfnm, of course.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 03:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
Jane! Good grief! I got all historical, seeing your good self posting here.

I've just seen all this, and have one question. Is it only credit card that's accepted?
Believe it or not, I've never had one.....debit card only. Do they take that, do you know?
jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 03:46 pm
@Lordyaswas,
They do take debit cards, that's what I used.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 03:50 pm
@jcboy,
Excellent! Thanks.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 04:45 pm
Sorry, got side tracked for a while.

Spanky!!!! Shocked Shocked My, oh my, how I have missed you!
How the hell are you, most humorous man on earth?

Yes, as jcboy said, you can use debit cards or paypal too (I think). How can you be married and never have owned a credit card? We should have a talk with your wife and give her some pointers Twisted Evil
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 04:48 pm
@roger,
Roger, that's not true! I've seem to remember a few of your pictures from the past and they're all very nice. You know that a handsome man cannot take any bad pictures. Yet, shewolf just brought out the essence of you Cool
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 04:54 pm
$ 763.00 as of now

You are all amazing !!!

I am getting all verklempt here with tears in my eyes....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxcxz04Kb81r75tcbo1_500.png
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 09:41 pm
Hey everyone....

I just got a text from Shewolf.

She is completely overwhelmed by your generosity, and says "Please tell them that I said thank you, that I love them and that they have made a huge change for me."
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 09:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
Roger takes pretty good pictures.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 10:01 pm
@roger,
So, you didn't like my photo of you?

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 11:16 pm
@chai2,
We love shewolf too! We want her to succeed and we know she's a good Mama to little bean and they'll have a good Christmas - I know it!!

$ 883.00 on the 3. Advent my friends
You all can be very proud of yourself. You made a difference in someone's life today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and so on.....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 11:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah osso, you tell him!
Your pictures of Roger were priceless too! Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 11:25 pm
Of course I wonder now if I'll see the $1000 sign tomorrow morning when I wake up and rush to shewolf's site.

It sure would be nice!
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 01:48 am
@CalamityJane,
Just looked (7.45am in the civilised world, approx 1.45am in the western colonies).

$983!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 02:13 am
@CalamityJane,
Re. Never had a credit card astonishment....

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

OK, I'll tell you......

The year was 1976 or thereabouts, and the credit card craze had just arrived in the UK.
The pioneers of this crazy spending malarky included my best friend, who had suddenly kitted his bedroom out with all the modern gadgetry under the sun, had also filled his wardrobe with designer flares, various colours of Levi jacket, platform shoes that would make dear old Elton blush, and copious shirts, kipper ties and smart coats etc.
One thing he'd neglected to do though, was pay for any of them.

We were sunbathing in his garden one afternoon, a fairly large group of all three genders, when suddenly these suited guys strolled up to us, and informed my friend that they were taking goods to the value of blah blah amount, as he hadn't paid his credit card.
They proceeded to take various appliances, including his parent's telly, radio, food mixer and cooker, and we stood and watched a fully grown 19 year old crumple as the van buggered off into the proverbial sunset.

His father was a champion boxer during his army days, so our brave little group got the hell out of there before said father returned home.

I don't think any of us ever felt the desire to get a credit card after that.

Anyhoo, it's lovely to see you back on the boards again, mein Munchen Gladbach, and implore anyone reading my drivel to just feel about in their pockets for a bit, and after they've enjoyed it for a few minutes, go and get their cards out and press a few buttons.

Shewolf is one hell of a proud, impressive lady and this must be the hardest thing in the world for her to do, so it shows what dire straits she's in.
Please do what you can.

Here's the link....
http://www.gofundme.com/Her-Safe-Place

Thank you.
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 08:23 am
Update Everyone....please read.

I just got off the phone with the woman, after she had PM'd me the message I've cut and pasted below this paragraph. She's afraid to come on here, or A2K itself at this time, because she knows from experience that the person who is causing all this trouble follows her posts here. However, this person only follows the posts from the username from the profile, and doesn't check other people's posts. So.....consider this message below written by the wolf woman directly to each of you.....

Im afraid to post as myself on the forum because Im sure grandma is watching me. So if you could, when you sign on next, just copy and paste this message so that everyone knows that we are grateful, and very very moved.
Just a day before opening that site, I was negotiating how to move me and the girls OUT. We are behind almost 2 months due to having to bounce bills to pay that lawyer. My landord is a wonderful person ( office really) but they are very clear in that they can no longer do for me what they have done in the past year which is over look my being late. I have to pay on time . period. and I cant do that . I also cant back up the electric bill if they decide to push me for what is owed.
My idea was to pack the girls and move in with a friend of ours in far north austin. That would have been lovely for our friend, for the kids ( having a ton of other kids around) but horrible for my credit and horrible for my proof as a stable parent. Ive never HAD credit issues. Ive never HAD late payments on anything. I busted my ass for 2 years after little woman was born to cover and correct all bad credit. Ive paid off my car, my credit cards you name it..
now, thanks to grandma, I have to not only lose my duplex, but I have had to sell the car and everything i can from my home. Im afraid that it will look like I am unstable.. even though it is clearly from Grandmothers behaviors that we are behind and nothing else..
now, thanks to the donations, I may not have to move out just yet. I gave my last months rent plus your help to cover that deposit to the new lawyer. Thats when I learned that what I did was no longer acceptable. Im crossing my fingers we dont get an eviction notice..
I will keep paying rent as if nothing major is going on.. but.. if we get that notice, I may be able to pay a little and not have to move where as before, all the choices I had were where to find a storage and where to move. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Lets not forget.. that lawyer is expensive.
So thank you all..
Saying thank you is not enough to cover how we feel. .. it doesnt express how much I cried when I saw Chais text about the amount.. it doesnt explain how happy we are , nor does it convey the safety we have.

just. thank you.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 10:01 am
The $ 1000 mark has been reached!!

Incredible! You people are all incredibly generous and so incredible to begin with - thank you, thank you!
0 Replies