Initial Meld When Taking The Pack Quandry

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 09:13 am
We have a slight dispute over taking the pack to meld initially. If the player takes the top card to meld (essentially the entire pack), they have to have another pair in their hand to take that pack. Now, the card that is the top card cannot be added into the initial meld count - can the other 2 cards be added? The rest of the meld follows along with one meld of 3 of a kind.
i.e. an 8 is thrown as the top card. You put down 2 8's from your hand, and then say 3 9's and 5 aces with a joker. Do the 2 8's count in the meld or d the 9's and aces have to total the count without the 8's.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,523 • Replies: 1
No top replies

RosemaryLorraine

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 04:24 pm
Funny, we had that same issue today when we were playing. My partner had 180 points to initially meld but needed the top card of the pack to do it to add to her two eights to make it a threesome.
We permitted it because if she had picked the card she needed from the stack she would have gone down anyway. But we are beginners and it made sense to us. I was going to ask the same question here. If you hear any different please post the answer.
0 Replies