searching for a term used in Contract Bridge

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 05:39 am
Meaning a hand players would not wish to be dealt in the game of Bridge. (It is also the surname of a cast member in a famous TV series of the 1950's)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,330 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs
Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 06:36 am
Possibly Yarborough?

In bridge slang, a Yarborough is a hand containing no high cards or honors, named after the second Earl of Yarborough who would bet anyone 1000-1 that they would not be dealt a hand in which all the cards were lower than a ten. (The true odds are 1827-1).

The actor Barton Yarborough started work on the Dragnet television series in 1951. However, the day after he filmed the second episode, he suffered a heart attack and died four days later at age 51.

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 09:01 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Thank you for your help
0 Replies
Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 12:25 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
I'm impressed!
0 Replies

Related Topics

The Moral Dilemma #2 [The Push] - Question by mars90000000
Creepy Clown Riddle - Question by millie-biggie
Calatrava's new bridge for Venice - Discussion by ossobuco
  1. Forums
  2. » searching for a term used in Contract Bridge
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 12:54:09