Is card laid a card played?

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:33 pm
A player is melding and initially plays a wild card along with three natural cards. Before discarding the player decides to move the wild card and combine it instead with two other matched cards. Is this legal or must he leave the wild card where he initially placed it even though he has not yet discarded and ended his turn?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 07:50 am
@rstakland,
Pretty much - card laid is play made.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 08:03 am
@rstakland,
Unless for some reason you have some priory arranged 'house rules' that is the way a regulation card game is plaid.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 08:51 am
Same as chess, draughts (checkers) etc., in my opinion.

Once contact has been broken with the card or piece, the player's turn is complete, leaving the next player in line free to take their turn.
3231Emerson

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 05:03 pm
@rstakland,
Yes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 06:37 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Same as chess, draughts (checkers) etc., in my opinion.

Once contact has been broken with the card or piece, the player's turn is complete, leaving the next player in line free to take their turn.

In most serious chess, one you initiate contact with a piece, you are locked into moving that piece as long as it is legal. If you are playing in a tournament there is a phrase that you must say in order to adjust the pieces on the board (i.e. when they aren't aligned correctly in the square).

To avoid being committed to making a move with the piece you are touching you say "jā€™adoube". This is French which loosely translated means "Oh **** what was I thinking if I move that piece I am lost."
0 Replies