Whats the point in living?

dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 10:41 am
@Germlat,
Indeed Germ. After some 15-20 years of so-so existence my Better Half, who as you must already know is much smarter than I, suggested massive daily doses of COQ10 and B vits; whereupon I now feel wonderful all day every day, engaging in life with renewed verve

Were the pills really responsible? No way to know but you can bet I'll continue takin' 'em
Germlat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 11:10 am
@dalehileman,
Amazing that even small changes sometimes pay off in a big way. What changes did you notice?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 11:13 am
@Germlat,
Quote:
then going to see a doctor concerning your inability to cope is fruitless
Depends, I guess Germ, on the kind of doc
Germlat

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 11:28 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
then going to see a doctor concerning your inability to cope is fruitless
Depends, I guess Germ, on the kind of doc

True...a counsellor or therapist might work. I was referring when a chemical imbalance is not present.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 10:21 am
@lahore,
If living our lives for our own benefit our lives have no meaning. Only when we make our lives about giving to others do we gain meaning. Just my opinion though. But I know I get much more out of giving to my neighbors and friends than I put into those efforts. Kinda like cold fusion, where you get more energy than you invest into it, giving ourselves to others results in gaining much more than was given.

Hate it when Oprah's right. Smile
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 07:46 am
@lahore,
Everyone dies. Since that's a given and certainty, why hasten it? While it's true I've never been dead and don't know what it's like, the billions of years that came and went before my birth is what I assume it's like. No experience or sense of anything including time. Thus the time from our death to the time the universe ends should seem as instantaneous as a night's sleep and waking the next morning.
0 Replies

RedEd

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 08:16 am
Because if there is nothing after death, you will have given up EVERYTHING!
HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 09:19 am
@RedEd,
If there's nothing after death, and we die regardless, did we ever actually have something to give up or lose in the first place? Smile
0 Replies

mark014

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 06:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Before trying something else on your own to get a grip on your life see a doctor first and then start afresh under his/her guidance. Everything will be just fine before you realize. Live life to the fullest, bring it on!
0 Replies