Where are the Conservative voices?

Thomas

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 09:51 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
It's like if a red headed man attacked me, afterwards I just decide any red headed men will do and attack them.

Or blond men, as in the invasion of Iraq.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 10:53 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Vengeance is a very poor substitute for justice.

And we are dealing with a totally different justice system. One where vengeance and violence are the answer for everything. And terror is a huge part of that system.

But you just do not have the backbone to say, or even try, to understand that.
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 10:55 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If liberals ever write the same type of hate-filled defamatory remarks toward an ethnic or religious group, I will be the first in line to condemn it.

That's your standard? In effect, you're saying that liberals need to be as trollish as the three "conservatives" you've identified before you condemn them in the same fashion that you claim more responsible conservatives are remiss in not aiming at the trio right now. Posters who rise to that level of trollishness, however, are routinely placed on ignore by members of all political stripes. So, in effect, you're saying that you want conservatives to repudiate "conservatives" that they may have on ignore because you don't have them on ignore.

Funny, but I find it hard to muster much sympathy for your position. As I see it, the problem is not conservatives who are failing to condemn fellow "conservatives," it's whiny liberals who fail to take advantage of the features on this site that allow them to avoid getting all pouty about the supposed failure of conservatives to condemn fellow "conservatives" -- a feature, by the way, that apparently many conservatives on this site have been smart enough to utilize to their benefit. You can learn from their example.

Frankly, apart from the predictable rantings of the two targeted "conservatives" who have been forced to post defensively here, the most offensive thing posted in this thread was by a liberal. I don't know why you didn't rush to condemn that post, but then I really don't care. As is usually the case in these types of threads, I suppose the level of outrage all depends on whose ox is being gored.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:06 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
And we are dealing with a totally different justice system. One where vengeance and violence are the answer for everything. And terror is a huge part of that system.
You're certainly a leading expert in comparative law.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:10 am
@joefromchicago,
The guy is just another jerk more worried about who he is, than what he does.
Using bigot, hater, and racist in the same sentence is about all he can do.

And then he applies these idiotic standards to groups of people, as with the Muslims. Because they are Muslims what they have done somehow doesn't count?

coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wally, what exactly is similar? Are there fair trials in Sharia courts? Ask any woman who is beaten by her husband and told it is her fault.

You do not have to be a genius to see that the two systems cannot co-exist.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:20 am
@joefromchicago,
Are you nuts Joe?

You are really saying that the most offensive thing posted on this thread was

Quote:
This cracker is no different then the other three

How about this?

Quote:
I think it's that a certain type of Liberal delights in the slaughter of innocent Americans.

I previously mentioned that at least some moderate Muslims have a happy little smirk when innocents are slaughtered by other Muslims. I see the same happy little smirk on a lot of Liberals when innocent Americans are massacred.

I would not be at all surprised if every single Liberal who has posted in this thread was absolutely delighted at the 9/11 attacks.

Your judgement is deeply flawed.

The hateful bigotry being spewed against Muslims by these "conservative" posters is uniquely offensive. It is ugly and bigoted to a level that must be challenged.

There is no equivalence to anything being said by any other group.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:22 am
@maxdancona,
I thought exactly the same. As for whiny, you can't get more whiny than the tea party who still won't accept that they lost.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:28 am
@coldjoint,
What I wrote:
a leading expert in comparative law
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:30 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The hateful bigotry being spewed against Muslims by these "conservative" posters is uniquely offensive. It is ugly and bigoted to a level that must be challenged.

Quote:
Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2013.12.03 (Damascus, Syria) - Four locals are blown to bits by a Shahid suicide bomber.
2013.12.02 (Kabul, Afghanistan) - A suicide truck bomber incinerates at least four other people.
2013.12.01 (Benghazi, Libya) - A father is shot to death in front of his own son by suspected Sharia advocates.
2013.12.01 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Two women and two children are among a family of five murdered in their own home by sectarian Jihadis.
2013.12.01 (Muqdadya, Iraq) - A Shahid suicide bomber sends twelve mourners at a funeral straight to Allah.
2013.11.30 (Baga, Nigeria) - Seven fisherman are ambushed and slain by Boko Haram.

Bigot this, asshole.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:34 am
@coldjoint,
Thank you again for being so kind to help me make my point.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:35 am
Quote:
Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Quote:
Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Quote:
Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Who are the bigots? You are a whiny fool.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:39 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Thank you again for being so kind to help me make my point.

That doesn't work. You have said nothing but you will not tolerate the facts about Islam. Why? People are not dying because of Islamic inspiration? They are. Who are the killers? Muslims. True. Where is anything being done except lip service from Muslims to stop this ****? No ******* where.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:45 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There is no equivalence to anything being said by any other group.

You don't believe in individual rights? Why doesn't that surprise me?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Are you nuts Joe?

You are really saying that the most offensive thing posted on this thread was

Quote:
"insert offensive quotation here"

Nope, that's not what I said.

I said that it was the most offensive thing posted in this thread apart from the predictable rantings of the two targeted "conservatives" who have been forced to post defensively here. So I already took into account Oralloy's posts.

And I'll add, by the way, that reposting Oralloy's posts means you're not much different from Oralloy, at least to those who have Oralloy on ignore. If you think he's so offensive, why repost his stuff?

maxdancona wrote:
Your judgement is deeply flawed.

Not as flawed, apparently, as your reading ability.

maxdancona wrote:

Why must it be challenged? Why not just ignore it, like a lot of posters - liberal and conservative alike - already do?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 12:07 pm
Quote:
Ali Hammad, former Al Qaeda warrior in Bosnia: "We were torturing Serbs in concentration camps, hammered them alive, drove rusty nails through their genitals"

And we backed them up. What is wrong with this picture? Islam has been the aggressor since day 1. What other religion would consider these fringe benefits of terror the way of any God? Let alone attach it directly to that God, for the world to read. And the mere fact that in the modern world this kind of thinking exists is more an indictment of Islam as all the bodies they have stacked up.

But it all says that we are scared to man up, and thanks but NO thanks And those who tolerate evil aren't doing anyone any favors.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/12/ali-hammad-former-al-qaeda-warrior-in-bosnia-we-were-torturing-serbs-in-concentration-camps-hammered.html

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 01:06 pm

I see that a number of the intelligent liberals are posting in this thread now.

And it just hit me a little while ago that I've wronged Farmerman. When I made my blanket allegations that all liberals who had posted in the thread (up to that point) were of the stupid variety, I totally forgot that you'd posted here. Sorry about that.

Not sure I have the time to get caught up in this thread right now, but wanted to apologize for mistakenly slamming Farmerman.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 01:15 pm
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
We avenged ourselves; to a very limited extent.
As I see it, vengeance = justice.
Elucidate specifically how YOUR vu differs ???

izzythepush wrote:
Vengeance is a very poor substitute for justice.
As Rev has pointed out we killed a lot of innocent men
and women who had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11.
We made matters worse.
Agreed that thay r worse
for the victims of American vengeance. Sometimes, thay dont like that.

izzythepush wrote:
Btw, 9/11 would not have happened if America
had had similar airport security measures to those in Europe.
We now have annoyingly longer security lines.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 01:19 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
That's your standard? In effect, you're saying that liberals need to be as trollish as the three "conservatives" you've identified before you condemn them in the same fashion that you claim more responsible conservatives are remiss in not aiming at the trio right now. Posters who rise to that level of trollishness, however, are routinely placed on ignore by members of all political stripes. So, in effect, you're saying that you want conservatives to repudiate "conservatives" that they may have on ignore because you don't have them on ignore.

Quick note, any allegation of trollish behavior on my part is just as bogus as any allegation of bigotry.

I'm not suggesting that you're calling me a troll -- just wanted to get that out there.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 01:36 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
The three fools you mentioned I don’t consider conservative, they are nothing but right wing garbage. They hate the president for one reason and that’s because he’s black,. No, not every Republican is a racist, clearly not. But the virulent strain of Republicanism that buys into the birther bullshit? They are. The three you mentioned shouldn’t be part of any political party, they are simply morons plain and simple.
FOR THE RECORD:
I am a conservative because I take as meticulously orthodox and literal
an interpretation of the Supreme Law of the Land as possible.
Accordingly, I eagerly supported Barry Goldwater in 1964.
I 'd vote for a conservative black for president
rather than an authoritarian-collectivist white,
e.g. Condi Rice or Alan Keys over Al Gore or Dukakis (sp?).

My goal is to expand and aggrandize Individual freedom
at the expense of domestic government jurisdiction.

David
0 Replies