Where are the Conservative voices?

RABEL222

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 02:52 pm
@maxdancona,
I question the responsible adult portion of your post. I went to catholic schools for 12 years. I now realize that I was brain washed by my teachers. This is how most religions continue to exist. I wish to point out that I am not condemning my teachers. Just pointing out that if one is taught one point of view it is brain washing. And very few children are able to overcome their chief teachers views. Their parents.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 02:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The hatful rhetoric being leveled toward Muslims has no equal.
I gotta tell u,
I was a lot more indifferent n apathetic toward the Moslems
on 9/10/1 than I was the next day (and since).

maxdancona wrote:
The fact that this bigotry is gaining tacit acceptance,
and is even being defended, really bothers me.
How r u defining "bigotry" ??
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 02:59 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
. . . Just pointing out that if one is taught one point of view it is brain washing. . . .
U make it obvious that u r very ignorant of what brainwashing is.

U might look up the experience of American POWs
in the Korean War with brainwashing.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 03:03 pm
Quote:

Crying or Very sad The guy can't even use spell check.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 03:04 pm
Quote:
. Just pointing out that if one is taught one point of view it is brain washing. .

Sounds like Islam..
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 03:07 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
And very few children are able to overcome their chief teachers views. Their parents.

Are these your parents you are talking about? How are you able to judge others?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 03:56 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Let's have a more current example. The member Advocate is reliably liberal, it would even be reasonable to suggest that he's to the left of many liberals here--except on one subject. In Advocate's world, Israel can do no wrong, and the Palestinians are savages who deserve whatever happens to them,

Since Israel is in fact doing nothing wrong, and since the Palestinians are in fact savages who deserve whatever happens to them, all Advocate would be doing there is simply telling the truth.

Setanta wrote:
and who ought to be driven out of Israel.

I think you've confused him with me. I'm the one who calls for the Palestinians to all be forcibly deported from the West Bank and relocated to the Gaza Strip.

Setanta wrote:
(I suspect in his heart of hearts he thinks they ought to be exterminated.)

Not likely. Not even I want that.

I mean, certainly gun down all who show even the slightest resistance to deportation, but once they are cleared off the West Bank, no need to kill them.
0 Replies

oralloy

@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Oh nonsense. All people want is for Muslims to stop massacring everyone. That's not too much to ask.
0 Replies

oralloy

@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Coldjoint and JTT are just more fringie than several others who seek attention with their posts (the name Frank and spendi come to mind)

I disagree on three of those four.

Coldjoint is only asking that Muslims stop brutally murdering us.

JTT believes, erroneously, that the US is committing atrocities. His behavior in light of that belief is actually quite moral and ethical. He is speaking out against what he believes to be horrible atrocities. If I believed that the US were really committing such atrocities, I'd like to think I'd join in with his condemnations.

The only thing I've ever seen Spendius do is offer thoughtful commentary on whatever topic is in front of him.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 03:57 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
something else that strikes me as not acceptable such as BillM and Hawkeye post about women and rape and those topics.

Hardly unacceptable. I was never interested enough to join those threads, but they are right to speak out against bogus rape accusations. And from my brief sampling of those threads, it looked like most of their opposition in those threads consisted of deranged freaks.

revelette wrote:
I have to admit they are not as bad as coldjoint and Orally (however you spell his name).

If it is so so terrible when I point out the truth, perhaps you should consider not basing your worldview on outrageous lies.

revelette wrote:
Speaking of MM, yes he is fair on both sides.

Don't be silly. Mysteryman is a Fascist who erupts in a storm of childish name-calling as a reaction to seeing people defend civil rights.

I'm not sure that "unfair" is how I'd characterize him (more "silly" and "preposterous" than anything else). But to characterize his childish tirades as "fair" is also silly and preposterous.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 03:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The Bigotry from ColdJoint, Gunga and Orally is not that hard to find.

Trying to distract from your Child Rape convictions again are you?

Shame, shame, shame.

(We really need a "slowly shaking head no" emoteicon.)
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 03:59 pm
@oralloy,
Mohammed was a child rapist. Known fact. It is in the Koran.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 04:01 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
There are also moderate Muslims around the world.

Are there? Then why are these moderate Muslims not actively speaking out against the Muslims who massacre innocent people in the name of Islam.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 04:02 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
How do you define anti-Semitism? Certain people define it as anyone who disagrees with what Israel does no matter how bad it is. I have been called an anti-Semite many times because of this disagreement.

No, that's how you falsely define it whenever someone busts you for telling outrageous lies about Israel.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 04:53 pm
There's something that really needs to be said here, since the original poster is focusing on prejudice against Muslims. It is true that most Muslims are good people who pretty much want what I want, to pursue their own versions of life, liberty, and happiness. It is also true that no one should be judged on the basis of being a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew, etc. They should be judged based on the content of their character as demonstrated by their words and deeds, and I'm sure that virtually all of the Muslims living here in America are perfectly normal, decent people.

However, it is also true that 9/11 and many other terrorist acts against the US, both successful and unsuccessful, have been committed by Islamic extremists. Taking that, the things I read in the papers about honor killings against family members, and the gross disparity between the fabulously wealthy royalty and the dirt poor in some of the middle eastern countries, it seems fair to me to say that there really is something wrong in some of those countries.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 04:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
It is also true that no one should be judged on the basis of being a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew, etc.
says who and why?

if I guy comes up to me and tells be that he is Taliban I am going to snap to certain assumptions about him. I would be an idiot not to.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
It is also true that no one should be judged on the basis of being a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew, etc.
says who and why?

if I guy comes up to me and tells be that he is Taliban I am going to snap to certain assumptions about him. I would be an idiot not to.

The Taliban is a political group. Anyway, I'm talking about religions which don't specifically advocate bad acts. Devil worship, for example, would be another matter.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 05:42 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The Taliban is a political group. Anyway, I'm talking about religions which don't specifically advocate bad acts. Devil worship, for example, would be another matter.

really. it sure sounded like you believe that individuals should not be judged based upon the groups they are in. this is only sometimes true. next should come a long discussion of which groups warrant judging the individuals and which ones not.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 06:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

really. it sure sounded like you believe that individuals should not be judged based upon the groups they are in. this is only sometimes true. next should come a long discussion of which groups warrant judging the individuals and which ones not.

Go ahead. I've already said that I'm excluding religions which specifically advocate bad acts. Make something of that.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 08:31 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The Taliban is a political group.

Islam is a political group. It is a complete system. Sharia is part of the system. and the Taliban are going by the book.

61 % of Islams holy writings concern how to treat non-Muslims, that is political.

0 Replies