Rockhead

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:24 pm
@mysteryman,
I'd vote for that particular scenario.

just to see it...
maxdancona

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:33 pm
@mysteryman,
This example, where some commentator said something about Sarah Palin is quite a bit different than what I am talking about. For your example to even come close to what is happeneing here, this commentator would

1. Have to be talking about everyone from Sarah Palin's entire religion or ethnic group (not just a single public figure)

2. Be accusing everyone in this target group of being prone to rape, violence and having sex with dead people.

3. To say that rape, violence and necrophilia were a core part of Sarah Palin's religion and imply everyone in Sarah Palin's ethnic or religious group was prone to such acts.

There is no equivalency here. It is not even close.

There is nothing, right now, that comparable to the defamation against Muslims. Other groups, particularly Jews, have faced similar defamation, in the past, but right now the only target where such abuse is tolerated is Muslims.
mysteryman

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 07:29 pm
@maxdancona,
So in other words, saying hateful, offensive and derogatory comments is OK, unless Muslims are the target, then its wrong.
Is that your position?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 07:41 pm
@mysteryman,
No, I am not saying that. I am saying that vile defamation of a religous or ethnic group is wrong, no matter who is the target.

If you accuse Jews of being an ethnic group prone violence and rape, then it is wrong.
If you accuse Christians of being a religion prone to violence and rape, then it is wrong.
If you you say that Jews should be kept out of the country only because they are Jewish, then it is wrong.

The nature of the bigoted defamatory attacks on a religious or ethnic group is wrong. That is true with any religious or ethnic group.

Bigoted attacks against ethnic groups (be they Jews, Christians or Muslims) are destructive to our society and harmful to people targeted. They are not related in any way to the silly political sniping you are suggesting.

Right now, these bigoted attacks against Muslims are somehow more acceptable than attacks against any other religion.

Take ColdJoint's posts and replace the word Muslim with the word Jew. Then ask yourself if any community would (or should) accept these slurs.

coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
1. Have to be talking about everyone from Sarah Palin's entire religion or ethnic group (not just a single public figure)

And I never said the other two things about all Muslims. That is you. I have told you what their holy literature says and that we see it in action every ******* day. You attached it to all Muslims.

And that could be because I say throw it back in their lap and have them stop it. I have had enough excuses and the fact is it is Muslims who believe in Islam that are involved in terror and receive support and more than you will admit.

Quote:
but right now the only target where such abuse is tolerated is Muslims.

And that right there is a classic. I have been thrown of forums because Islam is untouchable to emasculated liberals.

You really are so full of **** you are stinking up the place.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:12 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Most of the posters like you mention only come here for attention. IMHO.

Your opinions do not appear to coincide with reality.

Then why do you keep poking me for a response?
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:20 pm
Max -- I'm guessing this thread didn't go the way you wanted. That is why these jokers are often not confronted by Liberals or reasonable Conservatives. It only gives them an audience. There are many conservatives here that I respond to and respect, just not the nut jobs. I'm sure several irrational posts will follow to demonstrate why.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:33 pm
@IRFRANK,
Frank if wish to avoid problems don't let me stop you.

I am sure they will disappear.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If you you say that Jews should be kept out of the country
only because they are Jewish, then it is wrong.
When we let the Moslems in, I did not care; not until 9/11/1.
Retrospectively, I see that letting Atta in was a big mistake.
Those Moslems were dangerous. Thay PROVED that.
How many more times do thay have to prove it ??

How bad does it have to GET before we begin thinking defensively???
coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
How bad does it have to GET before we begin thinking defensively???

Right after they kill Maxs' dog.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There is nothing, right now, that comparable to the defamation against Muslims. Other groups, particularly Jews, have faced similar defamation, in the past, but right now the only target where such abuse is tolerated is Muslims.

It apparently needs to be noted, again, that Max Dancona is lying when he pretends that Muslims are being "targeted for abuse".
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:19 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
So in other words, saying hateful, offensive and derogatory comments is OK, unless Muslims are the target, then its wrong.
Is that your position?

No. His position is to falsely accuse other people of saying things that they've never said.
0 Replies

oralloy

@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Right now, these bigoted attacks against Muslims are somehow more acceptable than attacks against any other religion.

Maybe this "bigotry" is more acceptable for the simple reason that it is just something that you made up out of thin air.
0 Replies

oralloy

@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Your opinions do not appear to coincide with reality.

Then why do you keep poking me for a response?

Your claim that I am continually trying to get a response out of you is preposterous. I hardly ever respond to you for the simple reason that you hardly ever post in threads that I pay attention to.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:20 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:
Max -- I'm guessing this thread didn't go the way you wanted.

Well, yes. He wanted to lie about people and get away with it.

He didn't get away with it.

IRFRANK wrote:
That is why these jokers are often not confronted by Liberals or reasonable Conservatives. It only gives them an audience.

No. Most of the intelligent Liberals haven't been participating in political threads of late (as I've said before, I can't say I blame them).

Most of the Liberals that remain couldn't formulate an intelligent argument if their life depended on it.

It is this inability to formulate an intelligent argument that prevents them from confronting posts that they disagree with.

IRFRANK wrote:
There are many conservatives here that I respond to and respect, just not the nut jobs.

Childish name-calling is a poor substitute for a decent argument.

IRFRANK wrote:
I'm sure several irrational posts will follow to demonstrate why.

It is unlikely that any responses to your post will be irrational.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 12:27 am
@Thomas,
maxdancona wrote:
If you are a Conservative with a sense of decency, where are you to speak up against hate speech from your own side? Even if you don't have a sense of decency, can't you see that your tacit approval of, or even defense of, this clearly bigoted behavior fro people on your own side are the reason you have the reputation you do?
Thomas wrote:
I didn't answer your original question because Joefromchicago had already said almost anything I would have said, had I answered it. But your questions presume a fact that apparently hasn't been questioned yet, so I'll take that one.

Your questions presume that when correspondents believe the same things, they thereby form some sort of club, whose members somehow become responsible for each other's transgressions. I disagree. Back in my libertarian days for example, I saw plenty of self-identified libertarians say stupid and agitated things on A2K. I never considered it my job to correct them, let alone face them down. That's because I'm neither a joiner of clubs nor an arbiter of what's socially acceptable to them. I am on A2K to speak for myself, and that's it.

Therefore, I suggest you consider that individual A2K conservatives might, likewise, speak for themselves only. Your demand that they adopt club rules you can accept, and then enforce them against one another, is unreasonable if there is no club. And even if there is, you aren't in it; you have no standing to move that it amend rules or censure members.
As usual, u expressed that very well.
I adopt your reasoning. I speak only for myself.
I have no authority over anyone who agrees with my point of vu.
If offered such authority, I 'd reject it.

David
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 10:10 am
Right again Frank. The nut jobs came after you with a vengeance. But my scroll button takes me past their bs. No problem with the primadonnas.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 11:03 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Right again Frank.

I noticed how you have avoided the real subject. Do you even know what is being discussed? I can fill you in.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 12:58 pm
Quite an interesting thread. I suspect Max anticipated he would have received a lot more "Yea, what he said!" replies then have materialized.

It really is rich Max when you bemoan bigotry (against muslims) while practicing it yourself. You have started numerous threads that castigate groups as a whole (Christians, Republicans, Tea-Partiers) based on the comments or actions of individuals which you believe to be outrageous. If this sort of generalized condemnation isn't bigotry, I don't know what it.

Aside from the fact that you do not practice what you preach, neither "conservatives" or "liberals" are obligated to condemn the opinions of those who lay claim to sharing the label in order to preserve some notion of it's sanctity.

And forum members who consider themselves conservative are certainly under no obligation to assure you that they don't agree with positions you find outrageous and offensive.

The notion that silence is agreement is absurd for many reasons.

In any case, folks like you and izzy rarely consider what conservatives have actually posted, preferring to maintain the simple assumption that they are bigots who hate anyone brown and/or Muslim and want the poor to die.

I don't, at all, expect you to take anything away from this post, but I would suggest you give some thought to comments made by those folks who I suspect you thought would agree with you.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 01:00 pm
@Rockhead,
Hey Max and izzy, this is a pretty disgusting comment.

I don't see that you've condemned it and so you must agree with it.