Where are the Conservative voices?

Thomas

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If you are a Conservative with a sense of decency, where are you to speak up against hate speech from your own side? Even if you don't have a sense of decency, can't you see that your tacit approval of, or even defense of, this clearly bigoted behavior fro people on your own side are the reason you have the reputation you do?

I didn't answer your original question because Joefromchicago had already said almost anything I would have said, had I answered it. But your questions presume a fact that apparently hasn't been questioned yet, so I'll take that one.

Your questions presume that when correspondents believe the same things, they thereby form some sort of club, whose members somehow become responsible for each other's transgressions. I disagree. Back in my libertarian days for example, I saw plenty of self-identified libertarians say stupid and agitated things on A2K. I never considered it my job to correct them, let alone face them down. That's because I'm neither a joiner of clubs nor an arbiter of what's socially acceptable to them. I am on A2K to speak for myself, and that's it.

Therefore, I suggest you consider that individual A2K conservatives might, likewise, speak for themselves only. Your demand that they adopt club rules you can accept, and then enforce them against one another, is unreasonable if there is no club. And even if there is, you aren't in it; you have no standing to move that it amend rules or censure members.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If you don't challenge him people could be forgiven for thinking you share his beliefs.

I understand this position, but it is not workable. Most of the posters like you mention only come here for attention. IMHO. Any response will only become food for their diatribes. There is no rational thought so any argument is pointless. I don't feel the need to point out everything with which I disagree. Much of it is best left to die a natural death.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:53 am
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
There is no rational thought so any argument is pointless

Talking to a sycophant like Izzy shows no rational thought. And why don't you tell me what is not rational about being aware of Islam and their agenda?

Ignoring what Islam is doing, is irrational. And ignoring problems does not solve them.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:55 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
And ignoring problems does not solve them.
ignoring problems that we dont want to deal with is a part of Americans very active fantasy life. both R's and D's do it.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 11:15 am
@hawkeye10,
And complaining about the fact some people choose to confront these problems by accusing them of things and motives that have nothing to do with the facts is ridiculous.

It makes no sense to call someone who points out hateful, violent actions a hater. And that these actions are preformed by people of a certain belief system over and over again is a fact. There is no way to deny that. No amount of name calling will change that fact.

So instead of any ideas that might help, people like Max get their panties in a bunch. And unleash personal attacks and try to impose his feelings and fear of confrontation on others. This kind of weakness is the norm here. And the reason it is popular is not based on rational thought,but rather on the flooding by media and elites who are so far out of touch with real life it is almost funny.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 11:25 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
And the reason it is popular is not based on rational thought,but rather on the flooding by media and elites who are so far out of touch with real life it is almost funny.
we live in an age where science is in disrepute and where attempts to argue the nature of reality often gets back the response (well, that is not my reality and you cant say anything about my reality, so shut up!)

fantasy trumps reality, people believe what they want to believe, what their ego needs to believe. we are living through a new dark ages.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 11:44 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
we are living through a new dark ages.

This so called "knowledge explosion" is no more than a bullshit explosion. In other words, I agree.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 12:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
we are living through a new dark ages.

This so called "knowledge explosion" is no more than a bullshit explosion. In other words, I agree.
"Dark ages" got their name, because of the relative scarcity of historical and other written records (at least for most areas of Europe), rendering it obscure to historians. Translated from the Latin saeculum obscurum.

coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 12:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks Wally.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 12:34 pm
1 Reply
Previous • Post: # 5,226,528 • Next
View ProfileH2O MAN
Replyreport Mon 14 Jan, 2013 10:45 am
@jcboy,
I loved living in Miami, great people.

Looking at some old threads. Is this an example of how liberals treat any comment from a conservative?(notice the negative 2) Sure looks like it. Is this HATE?
Ragman

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
thanks for revealing your alternate identity. makes it easier than guessing your identity.

Furthermore, anticipating a negative response: Not many here actually object to opposing views or debates. On the contrary, spirited focused debate is welcomed. What many of us object to is nonsense or illogical responses spewing political or religious dogma without reasoning.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:13 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
thanks for revealing your alternate identity. makes it easier than guessing your identity.

I have already proven I am not him. You can link to the forum I came from.
In fact I even had a troll follow me here. Check LvB and his activity.

As far as the argument, none of you take farther than name calling or threats of putting me ignore.(As a lot have) No worries here.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:41 pm
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:
oralloy wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
I once posted a response to Gunga (I think it was) about his whole KKKlinton schtick and how that will keep people from taking him seriously. But I quickly learned that it does no good, so why bother.

The fact that someone didn't change their mind and agree with you means that there was no point in stating your position?

I'm sure you know as well as everyone else that what I posted does not mean what you have written here.

The gist of the original post concerned condemnation by conservatives of posts that appear to be hateful and bigoted toward someone/some group.

Actually no. There was never any appearance of hate or bigotry. Max was just vomiting up a bunch of false accusations.

CoastalRat wrote:
Simply put, without trying to totally rehash my wordy previous post, I was stating that I gave up trying to educate those who insist on hateful, bigoted posts that such posts will not help them get their point across and that now I simply ignore them. Doesn't mean I agree with them, just that I ignore them. So I hope that clarifies the matter for you.

I dispute any claim that attacks on Democratic presidents amount to hate or bigotry.

As far as giving up on explaining to a poster that you think they are being counterproductive, because you think it would be a wasted effort, I guess I have a different philosophy.

If I felt that someone was being counterproductive, I think I'd explain to them why I thought that, even if I thought the explanation would fall on deaf ears.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:43 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:
Most of the posters like you mention only come here for attention. IMHO.

Your opinions do not appear to coincide with reality.

IRFRANK wrote:
There is no rational thought so any argument is pointless.

If someone points out facts that happen to be inconvenient, that does not mean there is an absence of rational thought on their part.
oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
"Dark ages" got their name, because of the relative scarcity of historical and other written records (at least for most areas of Europe), rendering it obscure to historians. Translated from the Latin saeculum obscurum.

Yes, but the popular interpretation of "Dark Ages" still makes it a great way of referring to the way so many on the Left militantly deny reality.

I see that Hawkeye thinks Republicans are just as bad as Democrats when it comes to denying reality. I can't think of any examples of that, but maybe he's right.
oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:46 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
1 Reply
Previous • Post: # 5,226,528 • Next
View ProfileH2O MAN
Replyreport Mon 14 Jan, 2013 10:45 am
@jcboy,
I loved living in Miami, great people.

Looking at some old threads. Is this an example of how liberals treat any comment from a conservative?(notice the negative 2) Sure looks like it. Is this HATE?

Depends on the Liberal. A lot of them are absolute freaks, but a lot of them are not.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:49 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

You may have good intentions, but you're not very good at drawing accurate conclusions.

Ragman wrote:
Furthermore, anticipating a negative response: Not many here actually object to opposing views or debates. On the contrary, spirited focused debate is welcomed. What many of us object to is nonsense or illogical responses spewing political or religious dogma without reasoning.

Unfortunately no. It has been quite some time since there has been any sort of spirited debate here. Too many Leftists of the sort who do nothing but spout name-calling at anyone who points out a fact.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
the way so many on the Left militantly deny reality.

They deny human nature. And think that indoctrination will kill any quest for change and the desire to lead. They reward bad behavior and view victims as criminals. Everything they support denies the ethics that got the world and this country as far as it did.

And all the "hate" they see today just is not there. It is a rational look at the facts in the matter. Be it Islam or the disintegration of the family, especially the Black family, they will scurry to be the first to post hater, racist or bigot.
And will get a lot of thumbs up from apathetic losers.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
They deny human nature
they think they can change human nature into their ideal of the moment with paternal coercion.

Me, I doubt it. i spent way to much time with Jung to believe that humans are that easy to change.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:21 pm
@maxdancona,
So since you haven't said anything, can we assume then that you agree with the MSNBC commentator that suggested that someone should s@#t in Sarah Palins mouth?