My dwindling place in my family

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 02:57 am
Awoman and fella to THAT!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 12:16 pm
My visits with my (ex)husband to my inlaws' house was in many ways a visit to outer space, but it was easier than your situation in that they weren't my parents, who are/were deceased, and that I had his company and sometimes his brother's and we three had coalescing views on various matters. Misery loves company..

It is also a bummer that you feel shut off from your family as THEY get older. I'd try, I think, to take each out individually, somehow... or at least your parents and brother separately.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:39 pm
oh kicky, you're not the pain-in-the-ass, at all. everything you've written here is valid, and i understand why you'd feel deserted by your family.

but, the best you can do, at this point, is accept the limtations and try, try not to take it personally. it's only a matter of time before said morally-superior sister-in-law will get caught having an affair with the mailwoman, or you'll discover the empty scotch bottles behind her vanity table.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:45 pm
I think I like you, Gala. Thanks.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:54 pm
Hahahaha, Gala! Ain't it the truth!!!

I swear, when I was younger and people shook their heads at holier-than-thou types and said, "His/Her time's coming," I thought I'd never live long enough to see it. But you know what? I have. Time and time again. Man, it feels good!
0 Replies