21

Serial Bingeing

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 09:46 am
@chai2,
Sorry, Chai- I did not mean any harm. I really should have written "Spoiler Alert".

vonny

2  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 01:34 pm
@chai2,
I'll look out for The Americans - not sure if it's been aired in the UK yet, but perhaps it's on dvd - must check.
vonny

1  
Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 01:54 pm
@vonny,
I'm watching Prison Break for the second time - pure hokum but I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

centrox

1  
Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2017 02:52 pm
Currently watching Twin Peaks (original), Twin Peaks (the return), Fargo, Better Call Saul.
Phoenix32890

4  
Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 07:42 am
Just got through four seasons of "Ray Donovan". I did not care for it at first, but it apparently got better and better. John Voight plays Ray's criminal father. I cannot stand that character, as a person, but Voight does a magnificent job playing him.

panzade

1  
Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 08:08 am
@centrox,
Which Fargo season?
centrox

1  
Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 08:51 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Which Fargo season?

Season Three. We are up to episode 5.
panzade

1  
Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:32 am
@centrox,
How do you like season 3 compared to one and 2?
centrox

1  
Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 11:50 am
@panzade,
The quality is just as good, if not better. I love the accents.

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 03:06 am
I had been serial bingeing "Outlander". Saw all four years on Netflix. I had to order STARZ to see the current bunch, and have to watch them weekly when it is released for streaming.

I usually don't care for fantasies, but this one is an exception. It is done so well. The actor who plays Jamie Frazier is magnificent. In fact, this is the first time that I have had a crush on an actor since Clint Eastwood played Rowdy Yates on "Rawhide", in the 1960's.

Phoenix32890

1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 12:53 pm
Since the virus has rendered me virtually housebound, I am binge watching Law & Order SVU. I always loved that show, and have probably seen most of them.

I find that many of the shows are familiar. I love to watch how Lt. Benson (Mariska Hargitay) has developed as an actress over the 21 years,

I was also happy to hear that Dick Wolf is starting another cop show, and Chris Meloni is starring in it. He was so good in those early years,
panzade

1  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 04:38 pm
I just finished binge-watching the tv series Get Shorty on Epix.

Remotely similar to the movie it stars Irish actor Chris O’Dowd and Ray Romano.

I believe there are a total of 27 episodes and they’re all of a pretty high level of quality
Highly recommended.

3  
Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 05:17 pm
@Phoenix32890,
we recently finished LONGMIRE. Its a good series but with too much happening to so few people .
I want to rewathch JUSTIFIED withTim Oliphant, I loved the Hillbilly Mafia

1  
Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 08:45 am
farmerman wrote:

Kind of like Murder She Wrote. Far too many murders happening in such a small albeit fictional town (Cabot Cove, Maine).
Lash

1  
Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 09:20 am
@Phoenix32890,
I felt the same way—loved the premise, always enjoy Liev Schrieber. I have a very low opinion of Voight as a human, but he owned every scene he was in.

Great show through second season. Have to wait til the others are free.

2  
Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 09:50 am
I nver liked Murder She wrote. It reminded me of a PBS cooking show.
Father Brown s like that too. Longmire had more Tony Hillerman writing and JUSTIFIED was written by Elmore Leonard (he wrote GET SHORTY)

1  
Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2020 10:22 am
tsarstepan wrote:

What about Midsomer? That’s got a population of two, murderer and victim, but it still takes them an hour to work out who the killer is.

Rebelofnj

3  
Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 10:35 am
Finished watching all 14 seasons of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". It is a comedy about 5 narcissists running a bar and doing poor schemes. Plenty of cringe humor and black comedy. The first season was ok, but the show got much better when Danny DeVito joined the show in Season 2 as the rich and irresponsible father.

Usually comedies tend to have a decline in quality after running for more than 7 seasons, but I was surprised that the Season 13 finale turned out to be one of the show's best episodes.

InfraBlue

1  
Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 11:31 am
Speaking of PBS cooking shows, we binged on The French Chef some time back. My wife had only known Julia Child from her later, elderly years, after she had lost a step or two, and didn't know her earlier, hyperactive persona that Dan Aykroyd nailed in his SNL spoof of her show. Those shows have held up very well and are very entertaining as well as informative.