Serial Bingeing

Lordyaswas

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:17 pm
@chai2,
Sounds good, Chai. Maybe I might bring myself into the 21st Century and explore such a thing.
The problem is that there are so many good things on our main five channels (BBC, ITV Etc), I really don't get time to watch any extras. Even the stuff we record has to wait until a rare lazy weekend when we have time to slob out and gromph choccies for 48 hours straight.

0 Replies

panzade

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:19 pm
Nothin's for free Tevye.
Lordyaswas

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:23 pm
@panzade,
Tis so!

<stamps foot>

Have a look at freesat with a dot co dot uk on the end.
0 Replies

vonny

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 02:51 pm
@panzade,
Freeview is totally free. It's built into our televisions - watching it now!
panzade

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 03:01 pm
@vonny,
how kewl!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Wed 12 Nov, 2014 02:35 pm
Has anyone mentioned The Fall here yet?

Series 2 is just about to start here, and I've set my gizmo to record it all.

If you haven't seen Series 1 yet, I would highly recommend it and advise you to get Netflixing or whatever....

Details....
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_(TV_series)
0 Replies

vonny

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 03:37 am
Help! Nearly finished The West Wing and no idea what to watch next!!! Any ideas?
izzythepush

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 03:53 am
@vonny,
Gotham, about the formative years of Batman is really good. They're still showing it on Channel 5 so it won't be out yet. The actor who plays the young Penguin is excellent.

vonny

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 03:57 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Replies

vonny

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 02:15 pm
Help - totally out of ideas for something decent to watch - I've been reduced to watching Downton Abbey twice in quick succession and fear I'll have to start on The West Wing or 24 Hours again - any ideas please!
panzade

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 02:42 pm
@vonny,
I'm a big fan of Fargo.
Indian Summers and Home Fires from the BEEB, though they may not be streaming yet.
The Good Wife is very well written too.
vonny

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 02:46 pm
@panzade,
Fargo - that might be just what I'm looking for. I think they are running it on one of the channels at the present time, but I haven't had a chance to catch up with it. Thanks for that idea - good one.

I haven't heard of Indian Summers or Home Fires but I'll keep an eye out for them - desperate for something new to watch! Not keen on the Good Wife - but to be fair, I've only seen trailers for it - I really need to watch a whole episode or two before I make a judgement.
panzade

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 02:51 pm
@vonny,
Quote:
I really need to watch a whole episode or two before I make a judgement.

I guarantee you'll be hooked.
vonny

Fri 20 Nov, 2015 02:55 pm
@panzade,
I'm easily hooked! Okay - I'll try it ... let you know what I think.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:23 am
@chai2,
I stream Netflix through Roku. I too, "cut the cord" some time ago. Since that time, I get discs from Netflix. I can't wait until August 2nd. That is when the third season of "The Blacklist" is available on discs.

I rarely buy movies to stream, but last season's "The Americans" were a must for me.
chai2

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:20 am
@Phoenix32890,
Oh man, I really liked The Americans.

Watched it a long time ago when is was on I think HBO?

Dang it's not streaming on netfix, not on disc.

So the streaming is only $9.99 a month.

How much extra is getting discs?
tsarstepan

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:43 am
@chai2,
The Americans is an FX production (not HBO).
chai2

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:56 am
@tsarstepan,
Ah. Yeah, I wasn't sure about that.

Only got to see the first season, maybe some of the 2nd. It was a long time ago.

I loved the concept. I would look at people and wonder what/who they really were.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sun 17 Jul, 2016 03:48 am
@chai2,
Chai 2-There are a number of plans. I get three at a time. It costs about $20 some odd bucks, and is worth every penny.
Phoenix32890

Sun 17 Jul, 2016 04:13 am
@Phoenix32890,
I got the discs for The Americans, year 1-2 on Netflix. The only way that I could get year 3 was to buy the streaming rights on Amazon. Year 4 is not out yet.

The good news is that year 3 of "The Blacklist" will be on Netflix discs in early August. Needless to say, it is in position #1 in my queue.

A great buy is Amazon Prime. For 99 bucks a year, you get free 2 day shipping, with no minimum purchase. You also get songs that you can download to your cellphone, AND the ability to stream many movies. In the case of really "hot" flics, there is a charge to stream,
but in the case of "The Americans, it was totally worth it.