Help with a riddle (MNI)

Il Torvo Grande

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:35 pm
well, let's hope whatever comes out of this is something really good -- another secret perhaps :-)
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:46 pm
thats a good theory. they were saying the staff would be working on a secret together. so maybe we get a secret 20 till we get to do secret 15. not meaning to sound ungrateful for the site but we better get something good for having to wait at least 2 extra days, if not more.
0 Replies

Isaname20102002

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 06:58 pm
That's right!?! I need to have a daily amount of MNI or I go Nuts but if they have a new secret then I am all for the wait, little while longer!?!
0 Replies

uhhhimnotcheating

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:00 pm
Viresse--
I myself solved the NHL quiz on my own...by looking on the NHL site.

Unfortunately, as hard as you try, there is no way that you can stop the talking about secrets and quizzes...we aren't even on the MNI site. I think it's very unfair to comb the web for talking about site secrets and punishing people for it.

Not many people use this site, and the ones that do haven't used their MNI names, so they cannot be targeted.

So why should all of MNI be punished for something that a couple of people are doing on a site that's not even MNI, which is perfectly fine?

Honestly, there's no way to stop the cheating, it's inevitable. Some people don't like it, and only like hints, while others do want to be flat out told.

If you don't like it, then don't come here. It's as simple as that. This is for people who want help with riddles/site secrets...and if you don't want to see the blatant cheating, then you shouldn't stay here and punish all of MNI.

I know I have been cheating (hence my username) and accept it. Without cheating, I don't think I could have solved those site secrets...and I accept that...maybe I'm too dense to figure them out.

But don't punish all of MNI because of us cheaters. Because you realize, that everyone is cheating...not just people on this site...
0 Replies

Il Torvo Grande

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:01 pm
I just find it slightly amusing. I mean, if it is a new secret we're going to come back here and discuss it, heh.
0 Replies

uhhhimnotcheating

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:10 pm
Yes that is true...there will definitely be a buzz of people talking here...as there always is Wink.

So that other person wasn't lying when they said that other people knew about this site and how we're discussing secrets. Oh, well...we're not breaking any rules as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, can't wait until MNI is back on...I wanna get back to classes and roleplaying and quizzes and duelling!
0 Replies

Il Torvo Grande

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:18 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:21 pm
yeah me too. i want to get back to my clubs and classes. I've been really board the past 3 days. (the first 2 i was playing the new harry potter video game but i beat it. they need to be longer.) I'm wondering what is taking so long. i hope it is back up soon.
0 Replies

Isaname20102002

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:31 pm
JamesD wrote:
yeah me too. i want to get back to my clubs and classes. I've been really board the past 3 days. (the first 2 i was playing the new harry potter video game but i beat it. they need to be longer.) I'm wondering what is taking so long. i hope it is back up soon.

I have beat it too. I really think that they could be longer though!?! I also can't wait for the cheats on it to come out. Then I can play it all again and have some fun!?!
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 02:49 am
I'm going out of town for the fourth of July and I'd like to have some MNI before i go. If anyone has contacts with the staff please ask them to hurry up what ever it is they are doing.
0 Replies

Isaname20102002

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:19 am
This is out rageous!?!
0 Replies

madaboutpotter

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:07 am
I wonder what is taking so long....even if they are adding a site secret, it wouldn't take a whole week to add...I am wondering why a 'bug in the forums' is taking a whole week to fix....and they should have handed out homework assignments if they knew this was coming...or at least graded the ones that were currently turned in so people could have galleons for the wizard card site. If it were truly the forums, then why not just close the forums?

I wonder how many people won't come back on there when they reopen because of this? They could have fixed whatever this is a lot faster than this, or added something without closing the site for a whole week...this is a little inconsiderate of the staff.
0 Replies

thatdarnpest

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:51 am
I remember when the site kept having to move to temporary forums. I hated it, and didn't return to MNI for quite a while afterwards.
This time, however, on here, It's helping me to wait, and not forget about the site!
I wonder how much longer it will be...
0 Replies

sweetheart90

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:27 am
*screams again* I have been checking MNI about every hour that I am awake for the past week! I need MNI! *pouts*
0 Replies

Il Torvo Grande

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:53 am
They probably have a good reason for keeping the sites down so long... I hope. Or maybe it's just taking a LOT longer than expected.
0 Replies

hermione c granger

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 11:03 am
Well, maybe they're designing a new layout to add while taking out all the trash posts, bugs, viruses, etc.
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:22 pm
well whatever it is they are certainly taking their time. i mean its been almost 6 days when they said 3.
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:28 pm
the site better have some good graphics and about 4 or 5 secrets when we get it back. and it better be back before tuesday cause i leave for a week on tuesday and with no internet.
0 Replies

JamesD

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
sorry for 3 posts in a row but i just had an idea. they might be making it so we can click on someones avitar and then see the profile the person typed out. and maybe they are also opening Zonko's up. and they could be going through the animagi regisration forms to open that back up. and maybe a quidditch game. and the gringotts lottery as well. and maybe some other shops in Diagon Alley, too.

Now dont anyone get their hopes up about any of this. Im just guessing, here. You guys have to admit though that some of that would be nice. and if we get that stuff ill take back all my complaints. (not as much the animagi registration unless they get a special club). but again you guys, im only speculating. none of this could happen. but if it does, ill be satisfied.
0 Replies

Il Torvo Grande

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:45 pm
Am I alone in nearly forgetting about MNI being down with the excitement on the mugglenet homepage ??
0 Replies